Interested in your review of the headzone after your done playing with it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've recentlty bougth them for office. All i wanted was a pair of fairly decent cans within the budget ive prepaired for this occasion. Unboxing was a surprise, in the package we get a nice pair...
If you are a bass head and like still like to hear to rest of the music, then this Burson V4 could be for you. Charles at Burson had offered the V5 in exchange for a honest evaluation. I did...
Preamble: Founded just last year in 2015, ORIVETI (http://www.oriveti.com/) is still a new company on the market that is however not new to the audio business, having members in their...
Sometimes I have a strong desire to start a review with a conclusion, and then explain everything in more details. This time I think I'll follow this urge. So, OPUS#2 from theBit became for me one...
Meze is a Romanian company which became widely known on a portable audio market after releasing its wooden 99 Classics model. These headphones became a hit due to a semi-portable form factor,...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 247
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3692 of 379691/31/12 at 10:52amThread StarterI just got it, and I'm setting it up now. Before anyone asks, I only bought the base. No MMX300/DT880s or headtracker. This is simply going to function as a very expensive, glorified Mixamp, with a different virtual surround than Dolby Headphone.
The issue being that it has a 100ohm output impedance, which is only really perfect with.... 800ohm+ headphones, lol, which makes no sense to bundle it with a 32ohm like the MMX300. But we'll see how it deals with the very low 25ohm D7000. If anything, attaching another amp to is (the way we do with the Mixamp), will bypass that issue.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/31/12 at 10:54ampost #3693 of 379691/31/12 at 11:34amQuote:Originally Posted by catscratch
Nice write-up. My impression on the "bass-shy" reputation electrostatics have was that the sound was there, but that the slam wasn't...but if what you say is true, it's more of a trait of the Lambda series design (possibly the most common electrostatics around) along with amplifiers that don't have enough voltage swing.
Even though they're overkill for just gaming, I still wouldn't want to do without my Stax Lambdas for gaming. All-day comfort, plus that atmospheric presentation that works nicely with games to me...but the positional advantages may have more to do with CMSS-3D Headphone or Dolby Headphone or similar technologies than anything else.
Also, I see that MLE has a Headzone...can't wait to see a writeup on whether or not it's worth the hefty US$1,000+ price tag.post #3694 of 379691/31/12 at 11:38amThread StarterFirst impressions (like literally 30 minutes in):
It's good... but in all honesty, it's too much like the Mixamp, so.... I don't see much of a benefit other than adjusting room size and ambience. In terms of sheer surround positioning (with BLOPS and Mass Effect 2), it feels relatively the same. More testing to be done, but other than the benefit of having virtual surround for movies (DTS works, meaning all Blu-Rays will work with this), can't justify the $1100 tag. I was expecting something much closer to the binaural demo (though it says Dolby Headphone, it is NOT Dolby Headphone, it is BINAURAL):
The rear positioning on that demo is INCREDIBLE. Both DH and the Headzone's DSP don't do it as well.
My impressions may change, but I honestly don't see it happening.
One thing to note: The D7000 doesn't sound like it's messed up or anything, which was a fear due to the high 100ohm output impedance.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/31/12 at 11:46ampost #3695 of 379691/31/12 at 11:51ampost #3696 of 379691/31/12 at 11:55amThread StarterUmm, no it can't. If you check the DTS box, Blu-Rays with DTS NEVER play any sound off the Mixamp (which only takes Dolby Digital). Also no DTS enabled game plays any sound off the Mixamp unless I uncheck DTS. Blu-rays have core audio files that will play sound, however, it won't be DTS or DD.
Unless you're doing something to transcode it.
What the PS3 WILL do is downconvert every signal to Linear 2 channel PCM.
the only time the Mixamp will work properly with Blu-ray is if the main audio file you selected for playback is tied to Dolby, like Dolby True HD (the core Dolby Digital signal is in there).
As a test, you can just take any movie that has multiple language tracks. Pretty much EVERY time the main file is DTS related, the secondary languages will be Dolby.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/31/12 at 11:59ampost #3697 of 379691/31/12 at 11:58ampost #3698 of 379691/31/12 at 12:00pmThread StarterQuote:
No anymore, though the brochure states that the recommended headphones are the T1 and 250ohm DT880s.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/31/12 at 12:31pmpost #3699 of 379691/31/12 at 12:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
First impressions (like literally 30 minutes in):
It's good... but in all honesty, it's too much like the Mixamp, so.... I don't see much of a benefit other than adjusting room size and ambience. In terms of sheer surround positioning (with BLOPS and Mass Effect 2), it feels relatively the same. More testing to be done, but other than the benefit of having virtual surround for movies (DTS works, meaning all Blu-Rays will work with this), can't justify the $1100 tag.
Thanks for the impressions. Sounds like it's probably not worth it just for gaming?..
Where did you get it? Can you return it or do you have to turn around and sell it?post #3700 of 379691/31/12 at 12:34pmThread StarterI got it from Amazon. Looks like I can return it, though I will lose around $17... for the pickup and refund deduction. Worth checking it out, anyways.
Did pretty good on Black ops, but it really is the same as the Mixamp for me.
The PC360 sounds especially good off it. I guess the impedance mismatch added a beneficial euphonic distortion to it.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/31/12 at 12:35pmpost #3701 of 379691/31/12 at 12:54pmpost #3702 of 379691/31/12 at 1:03pmThread Starterpost #3703 of 379691/31/12 at 1:25pmQuote:
Nah... since we are talking about your money...
you should keep it.. haha :)
Next you can try the realiser :)
Edited by obazavil - 1/31/12 at 1:29pmpost #3704 of 379691/31/12 at 2:10pmpost #3705 of 379691/31/12 at 2:18pm
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Newbie help: Audeze Sine vs Meze 99 Classics vs V-Moda XS/M-80/100... 26 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 49 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 50 seconds ago
- › Nuforce Primo 8 - an Audiophile Phase Coherent Quad Balanced... 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 1 minute ago
- › iBasso PB3 Mockingbird Portable Balanced Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by d1554573r
- › Supreme Sound Opamp V4 by snellemin
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by HiFiChris
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by cleg
- › Meze 11 Neo by mgunin
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear