- 16,361 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD A Serious Common Denominator | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION Angles of Approach There’s always been a certain connotation...
http://www.fidue.com/content/view?brand=fidue_en&item=81&core=news Fidue have been active for some years now and they seem to have release great quality products / earphones. Personally,...
Beyerdynamic has been a tried and true brand for me over the years. In fact, their T70p was my first ever headphone I purchased over $200 (how the times have changed). Their quality and...
I am really disappointed with these cans. I have a Koss Porta Pro and I was waiting at least a closer quality compared to this. My AKG K420 sounds much better, with much more detail. These cans are...
This is a review of the LZ A4 IEM’s. First of all I’d like to thank LZ for sending me a review sample of the LZ A4. The retail price of the LA A4 is $195. The LZ A4 is available from both AK Audio...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1061post #15901 of 373388/18/13 at 2:42amThread StarterThe X1 is good just off the Mixamp. For music use, I'd say the E11 is plenty of amp for it (judging by how good it sounds off my E17 which has similar power to the E11). I haven't owned an E5 in years, and I don't consider it much of an amp, though it's very clean sounding.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15902 of 373388/18/13 at 3:03am
I'm here for a little help, as well. After reading Mad Lust Envy's awesome guide, I decided to purchase the DT 990 250ohm pros. They seemed like the best all-around choice for me. My question is, what amp would be best for these? Sadly, I'm pretty nooby in this area. I'd say I'm a 50/50 mix between music (all kinds) and gaming. I don't have a huge budget - less than $100. I'm using the on-board sound card for the Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 -- 4x PCI-E 2.0 x16. I'd prefer to not have one that has to charge everyday, but not totally against it. Any tips or help in this area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)post #15903 of 373388/18/13 at 3:41amQuote:Originally Posted by Dobbie
I'm here for a little help, as well. After reading Mad Lust Envy's awesome guide, I decided to purchase the DT 990 250ohm pros. They seemed like the best all-around choice for me. My question is, what amp would be best for these? Sadly, I'm pretty nooby in this area. I'd say I'm a 50/50 mix between music (all kinds) and gaming. I don't have a huge budget - less than $100. I'm using the on-board sound card for the Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 -- 4x PCI-E 2.0 x16. I'd prefer to not have one that has to charge everyday, but not totally against it. Any tips or help in this area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
The Fiio E9k would be my suggestion for that budget...post #15904 of 373388/18/13 at 3:44ampost #15905 of 373388/18/13 at 3:48ampost #15906 of 373388/18/13 at 3:51amI'm sure there are other desktop options in that budget but I only have experience with the E9k. I think there's a Schiit and a few others in that budget but don't know how powerful they are.
As for anything else you might need? A mixamp or DSS if you want to game with surround sound... as both have Dolby Headphone which are the preferred choice for most people. The mixamp would be the ideal choice if you want to chat during online gaming.
Disregard the above as I didn't even pay attention to you mentioning you have an on board sound card... meaning you are on PC. That, I have no knowledge about... so maybe other amp options could be better choices. Wait on others to chime in... they'll help you much more than I can.
Edited by Change is Good - 8/18/13 at 4:00ampost #15907 of 373388/18/13 at 5:47ampost #15908 of 373388/18/13 at 8:36am
The other universal option is Creative's Recond3D USB, uses THX TruStudio though of which... well, many don't like. But there are some who absolutely stand by it. My take, it's a preference thing when it comes to HRTF tech and THX TruStudio isn't as horrible as many others make it out to be.post #15909 of 373388/18/13 at 8:39amThread StarterI like THX tru studio, but not as much as Dolby Headphone. The panning is inaccurate in comparison, and the rear cues arent as deep.post #15910 of 373388/18/13 at 9:30ampost #15911 of 373388/18/13 at 1:28pmpost #15912 of 373388/18/13 at 1:30pmpost #15913 of 373388/18/13 at 1:38pmpost #15914 of 373388/18/13 at 1:45pmpost #15915 of 373388/18/13 at 1:48pm
Hey guys. I'm in the process of revamping my system in preparation of the new games coming out, namely Battlefield 4. I have an Ultrasone Pro 750 which I like a lot and is great for music and movies, however it doesn't offer too much in terms of gaming. I can hear the footsteps in BF3, and I sometimes I can tell its coming from the left/right, but nothing more specific than that. I'm thinking of buying a new set of headphones just for gaming. The headphones I'm looking at right now are the AD700x and the AD900x. I'm leaning a bit more towards the AD900x because they offer more bass than the 700 as well as similar soundstage. For gaming, what would you guys suggest? the AD900x or AD700x? What would its Fun, Competitive, and Comfort ratings be compared to the 700?
EDIT: Btw, I have the Sound Blaster Z card:
Edited by theOmni - 8/18/13 at 1:50pm
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 58 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 5 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 CS Closed Back 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 7 minutes ago
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by Army-Firedawg
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by Johannus
- › LZ-A4 by peter123
- › Etymotic ER4XR by leaky74
- › Etymotic ER4SR by leaky74
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear