- 16,373 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time of the review, the ZMF Eikon headphones were listed for sale on the ZMF website. Here is a link for information and...
Introduction The portable on-ear or over-the-ear headphone market is, I admit, not something that I’m especially familiar with. I recognize that there is a strong bias towards...
Accutone Taurus Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Accutone for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/828106/accutone-taurus-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: ...
Remax RM305M Aluminum EarbudHere is the $10 Remax Earbud, just as sexy as your high school's homecoming queen. Though lost in the rush of new products from China this year, I learned about it from...
At the time this review was written, the Super Dolphin earphone was listed for sale on AK Audio Store’s Aliexpress website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1061post #15901 of 373938/18/13 at 2:42amThread StarterThe X1 is good just off the Mixamp. For music use, I'd say the E11 is plenty of amp for it (judging by how good it sounds off my E17 which has similar power to the E11). I haven't owned an E5 in years, and I don't consider it much of an amp, though it's very clean sounding.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15902 of 373938/18/13 at 3:03am
I'm here for a little help, as well. After reading Mad Lust Envy's awesome guide, I decided to purchase the DT 990 250ohm pros. They seemed like the best all-around choice for me. My question is, what amp would be best for these? Sadly, I'm pretty nooby in this area. I'd say I'm a 50/50 mix between music (all kinds) and gaming. I don't have a huge budget - less than $100. I'm using the on-board sound card for the Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 -- 4x PCI-E 2.0 x16. I'd prefer to not have one that has to charge everyday, but not totally against it. Any tips or help in this area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)post #15903 of 373938/18/13 at 3:41amQuote:Originally Posted by Dobbie
I'm here for a little help, as well. After reading Mad Lust Envy's awesome guide, I decided to purchase the DT 990 250ohm pros. They seemed like the best all-around choice for me. My question is, what amp would be best for these? Sadly, I'm pretty nooby in this area. I'd say I'm a 50/50 mix between music (all kinds) and gaming. I don't have a huge budget - less than $100. I'm using the on-board sound card for the Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 -- 4x PCI-E 2.0 x16. I'd prefer to not have one that has to charge everyday, but not totally against it. Any tips or help in this area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
The Fiio E9k would be my suggestion for that budget...post #15904 of 373938/18/13 at 3:44ampost #15905 of 373938/18/13 at 3:48ampost #15906 of 373938/18/13 at 3:51amI'm sure there are other desktop options in that budget but I only have experience with the E9k. I think there's a Schiit and a few others in that budget but don't know how powerful they are.
As for anything else you might need? A mixamp or DSS if you want to game with surround sound... as both have Dolby Headphone which are the preferred choice for most people. The mixamp would be the ideal choice if you want to chat during online gaming.
Disregard the above as I didn't even pay attention to you mentioning you have an on board sound card... meaning you are on PC. That, I have no knowledge about... so maybe other amp options could be better choices. Wait on others to chime in... they'll help you much more than I can.
Edited by Change is Good - 8/18/13 at 4:00ampost #15907 of 373938/18/13 at 5:47ampost #15908 of 373938/18/13 at 8:36am
The other universal option is Creative's Recond3D USB, uses THX TruStudio though of which... well, many don't like. But there are some who absolutely stand by it. My take, it's a preference thing when it comes to HRTF tech and THX TruStudio isn't as horrible as many others make it out to be.post #15909 of 373938/18/13 at 8:39amThread StarterI like THX tru studio, but not as much as Dolby Headphone. The panning is inaccurate in comparison, and the rear cues arent as deep.post #15910 of 373938/18/13 at 9:30ampost #15911 of 373938/18/13 at 1:28pmpost #15912 of 373938/18/13 at 1:30pmpost #15913 of 373938/18/13 at 1:38pmpost #15914 of 373938/18/13 at 1:45pmpost #15915 of 373938/18/13 at 1:48pm
Hey guys. I'm in the process of revamping my system in preparation of the new games coming out, namely Battlefield 4. I have an Ultrasone Pro 750 which I like a lot and is great for music and movies, however it doesn't offer too much in terms of gaming. I can hear the footsteps in BF3, and I sometimes I can tell its coming from the left/right, but nothing more specific than that. I'm thinking of buying a new set of headphones just for gaming. The headphones I'm looking at right now are the AD700x and the AD900x. I'm leaning a bit more towards the AD900x because they offer more bass than the 700 as well as similar soundstage. For gaming, what would you guys suggest? the AD900x or AD700x? What would its Fun, Competitive, and Comfort ratings be compared to the 700?
EDIT: Btw, I have the Sound Blaster Z card:
Edited by theOmni - 8/18/13 at 1:50pm
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 1 second ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 24 seconds ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 26 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 48 seconds ago
- › V-MODA Forza Series: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 54 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Rampant scammers on amazon 2 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by Hisoundfi
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear