I never noticed it in movies and stuff. The highs killed it for me with anime though.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
Preamble: I have already reviewed some of 1MORE’s and Xiaomi’s audio products in the past and all of them offered a great sound experience for their very reasonable price point. The...
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 74post #1096 of 374635/4/11 at 6:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1097 of 374635/4/11 at 6:32pmThread StarterTMR, no it doesn't because the DT990's bass is very quick (thanks to open design), so it doesn't bleed into the rest of the sound like typical closed cans with boomy bass. It works so well, its my favorite bass of all headphones I've used.post #1098 of 374635/4/11 at 6:40pm
Yeah I thought as much. I'd probably eventually want to use mine to replace the AD700 as gaming headset, but I don't quite want to velcro the labtec boom mic onto it just yet. Would ps3 -> mixamp -> tubeamp -> DT990 work? I guess I'd have to further amp the headphone while the mic only uses mixamp.post #1099 of 374635/4/11 at 6:43pmThread Starterpost #1100 of 374635/4/11 at 8:03pm
All that talk about the AD700's bass make me wonder how audio technica gets away with claiming 5 - 30hz frequency response. They sure aren't "responding" much even at 60hz, let alone 5hz!!post #1101 of 374635/4/11 at 8:16pmpost #1102 of 374635/4/11 at 8:22pm
I did this with my Auzen Forte. The bass heavily EQ'd still doesn't touch the bass on my DT770/80s un eq'd.post #1103 of 374635/4/11 at 8:29pm
I haven't tried it, but I can't imagine +25dB working out too well. I haven't tried it, and I sure wouldn't want to risk my drivers on it if I owned a pair. Drivers like that just don't do really low bass They don't have the excursion. Even my HD650s start making rather alarming noises if you try and put too much bass through them. +25dB added to the bass and played through an amp strong enough not to clip at a normal listening volume is liable to break a lot of bass-lite headphones.
They aren't all LCD-2s which will take 15 whole watts and play at 133dB with less <1% THD.
5hz at what would be stupidly high SPL if it wasn't subsonic doesn't even faze my XB700s. You can't hear a thing, but you can feel them. That means its doing it properly and you're not just hearing higher order harmonics.post #1104 of 374635/4/11 at 8:33pmThread StarterIt's quite amazing to hear the XB700 work at such low levels. All for $80. Too bad they're so bad for gaming.... lol. So much sub bass bloat....post #1105 of 374635/4/11 at 8:36pm
It only took about +12db from iTunes eq for me to be able to hear pretty well lower frequencies on the AD700. I can't comment for the lowest amount of extension down to 20hz and below, but it was enough to make pretty much every form of music enjoyable. You literally go from not being able to hear some of the reverb in extended low tones and bass drums to being able to hear them-- even feeling them a little bit. Nothing like some other headphones.post #1106 of 374635/4/11 at 8:42pmThread Starterpost #1107 of 374635/4/11 at 8:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by TMRaven
It only took about +12db from iTunes eq for me to be able to hear pretty well lower frequencies on the AD700. I can't comment for the lowest amount of extension down to 20hz and below, but it was enough to make pretty much every form of music enjoyable. You literally go from not being able to hear some of the reverb in extended low tones and bass drums to being able to hear them-- even feeling them a little bit. Nothing like some other headphones.
At what like 60hz or something? That's usually what the lowest band on a standard 10 band graphic EQ is and that's not low at all. That's about where bass starts for mepost #1108 of 374635/4/11 at 8:47pm
32hz. Even without an EQ you can hear bass down to 40hz with the AD700 using an individual tone generator, but it's very low.
It certainly has the aptitude to produce lower tones, it's just not competent at it.post #1109 of 374635/4/11 at 8:54pmpost #1110 of 374635/4/11 at 9:03pmQuote:
That actually is fairly low. The AD700s are only down 10dB there so EQ still might do some good. That's fairly close to the SA5000s I owned briefly. I was running my D2+ to my Bithead and turned the Mach3Bass up to the maximum and they were still to thin with bass heavy electronica. They were great if you were listening to something with nothing deeper than semi-modern tuned-to be-audible-over-crappy-speakers high pitched kick drum.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 1 minute ago
- › B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › WTT FiiO - EX1 Aerospace Nanotech for headphone amp 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for Books on Sound Science 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 7 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 9 minutes ago
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear