Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › FIGHT THE BEATS HYPE (Ultrasone HFI-580/HFI 580 appreciation thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FIGHT THE BEATS HYPE (Ultrasone HFI-580/HFI 580 appreciation thread) - Page 42

post #616 of 667

They do fit. A little lose, but if it bugs you that much there are some ways to shrink them. Also I reccomend this headband

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/886679-REG/Sennheiser_549375_HD_580_Headband.html

I have it on mine and it improves long term comfort a lot. The pads help with short term a lot, headband with long term a lot. With both of these one the HFI 580's are really comfortable. I reccomend sticking some tissues inbetween the sides of the pads and the headphone, my ears touched the driveer.
 

post #617 of 667

I've seen a lot of posts with people putting down ultrasone like "I never heard an ultrasone I thought sounded good".  Are ultrasone really that disrespected by head-fi?  I did notice the highs were sharp, but my new tube amp/dac seems to have helped with that.. or maybe burn in did

post #618 of 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncola View Post

I've seen a lot of posts with people putting down ultrasone like "I never heard an ultrasone I thought sounded good".  Are ultrasone really that disrespected by head-fi?  I did notice the highs were sharp, but my new tube amp/dac seems to have helped with that.. or maybe burn in did

Nah, I would say they just take a lot of time to burn in and properly adjust to them.

It took me like 3+ month to start liking them.

They are good with their own colored signature, just probably a bit overpriced (especially the 500+ higher models)

post #619 of 667

earpad report.  the brainwavs hm5 pads arrived and they are super soft.. they make the ultrasone 550 way more comfortable, but you lose the seal and the bass is greatly reduced.. I'm going back to the original.  Maybe the shure 840 pads would be more suitable

post #620 of 667

ultrasone pro 550 or HFI 580?

You're the first person I've heard of having those issues. Mine isolated just as good and made the bass a little more prominent.
 

post #621 of 667

Hey guys, i got my hfi 580's about a month ago and i LOVE the sound but the comfort is killing me and i accidentally slightly ripped the pads which effected the sound alot.

 

Im pretty lazy, so reading through 42 pages of post's about which pad is best and stuff doesnt appeal to me lol

 

Could someone basically sum up what pads i can use, and the effects on sound of each pad?

 

So far i've heard of the beyer dt 250 pads, the shure 840 pads and the brainwave hm5 pads, but i dont know how each one effects the sound, and which one is the most comfortable.

 

Sorry guys, i know this is a tall order but i need new pads asap and i dont want to choose the wrong ones :/

post #622 of 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post

Hey guys, i got my hfi 580's about a month ago and i LOVE the sound but the comfort is killing me and i accidentally slightly ripped the pads which effected the sound alot.

 

Im pretty lazy, so reading through 42 pages of post's about which pad is best and stuff doesnt appeal to me lol

 

Could someone basically sum up what pads i can use, and the effects on sound of each pad?

 

So far i've heard of the beyer dt 250 pads, the shure 840 pads and the brainwave hm5 pads, but i dont know how each one effects the sound, and which one is the most comfortable.

 

Sorry guys, i know this is a tall order but i need new pads asap and i dont want to choose the wrong ones :/

 Skip the dt250 pads they're too stiff. Not sure about the 840 pads, but I know the hm5 pads are very soft and comfortable. The hm5 pads might get hotter so if you live someplace reallllyy hot go with velour. There's also the srh940 pads which are soft and comfy.

post #623 of 667

Oh ok, thanks. yeah my main problem was my ears sweating from the pleather. would the brainwavz pads not be sweaty?

post #624 of 667

Think I'm gonna get these for my portable setup.Gonna use them with an Ultrabook/Galaxy Note II + Ibasso D-Zero.Just looking for a pair of fun sounding cans to use on the road. The right choice or is there any better in this price range? smily_headphones1.gif

post #625 of 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianT View Post

Think I'm gonna get these for my portable setup.Gonna use them with an Ultrabook/Galaxy Note II + Ibasso D-Zero.Just looking for a pair of fun sounding cans to use on the road. The right choice or is there any better in this price range? 
smily_headphones1.gif
For portable setup I don't see reason to use anything other than iems+ source.
These are a little bigger than you would think also
post #626 of 667
Wow i caved ,my 580s will be here in a few hours! Will compare to my Pro 750s and 7506 if anyone is interested.
post #627 of 667

Got them, new 1 metre version with the extension. The bag is nice, velour and quite thick.

 

First impression is that they are well built for the money and in comparison to my Pro750 the only real difference is that the 750 has nicer 'soft' plastic.

 

Burn in time!

 

PS pads are a bit hard , i take it they soften a bit?

post #628 of 667
I got them for 99 quid with free next day delivery from scan computers, so if you want a 1 metre versiin go there, amazon still selling 3 metre version i believe, oh and pay no tax.
post #629 of 667

The pads and headband are the only downsides to these, i would reccomend getting new earpads when you can (thts what im doing right now)

post #630 of 667

I hear velour ones collapse the imaging into a giant blurry mess. Pads cant just be changed willy nilly.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › FIGHT THE BEATS HYPE (Ultrasone HFI-580/HFI 580 appreciation thread)