I think I got EmCORE here ( not sure ).
The following instruction is really good. Also if iTunes installed on Windows, you connect iPod and press MENU+Center for a while, then iTunes will ask to repair iPod classic.
Edited by yosh - 5/10/12 at 6:54pm
Here! press the green button to download. everything you need is here.
I am sure there is tutorials on how to rock box it. it's pretty simple. When you copy and paste the "rockbox" folder. Use the update from aroldan instead.
1. Delete itunes (you don't have to, but it's better)
2. Use ctrl+alt+delete to turn off "applemobileservice" and "ituneshelper" in the task manager
3. Connect ipod to laptop, then hold menu + select till the screen is completely off (around 15 seconds). Now you entered DFU mode (if the system ask the driver for it, use the one included in the file)
4. Run "bootstrap_ipodclassic_itunes", then you will have a UMSboot 64mb usb drive in your "computer".
5. Copy "installer-ipodclassic-r859-20120102.ubi" into the USMboot drive. Then safely remove your ipod and wait until the rb to be installed.
6. Reconnect again you will see your ipod drive, and copy aroldan's "rockbox" folder into your ipod drive. Disconnect it and hold the play to restart.
The above are on page 49 in this forum