Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. - Page 6

post #76 of 3250

I had better put my 5.5 on ebay soon so its still worth something. I would love to have a classic mostly because of the aluminum case, the screen would be great also.

post #77 of 3250
The reason I'm NOT using Rockbox is because it doesn't add my songs to iTunes. I like having all my songs available everywhere. (I have 3 computers at home an iPhone and a 160gb iPod) if I use Rockbox my songs will only be available in the iPod and I can't stream to another device.
I don't like to EQ my music so there is no point to Rockbox for me.
post #78 of 3250

I downloaded Rockbox installer and it says 6th gen isnt supported? ;_:

post #79 of 3250

That's because it's not considered a stable release, so it's not included in the installer (I think,...not 100% on this).

Look here and get some ideas: http://www.freemyipod.org/wiki/Main_Page

post #80 of 3250

Hello Head-Fi! long time listener, first time caller here. I have been all over this site since last year and have just recently decided to join. I was wondering if anyone could help me with an error I am receiving when trying to Rockbox my 6th gen iPod 120GB. The error I get when trying to install the "winusb" driver is as follows: "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device; Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it." Then it lists the device as "iPod Classic/Nano 3G Bootrom DFU". Then underneath the device is where the problem is occurring: "A service installation section in this INF is invalid". I haven't changed anything about the file and even re-downloaded it. I checked the wiki and didn't see anything about this problem, just wanted to know if anyone else came across this or could point me in the right direction. And if it matters I am running Windows 7 64bit. Thanks for any help, and apologies for the length of the post just trying to give as much info as possible.

post #81 of 3250

can't wait for a stable release :)

 

post #82 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFellSwoop View Post

Hello Head-Fi! long time listener, first time caller here. I have been all over this site since last year and have just recently decided to join. I was wondering if anyone could help me with an error I am receiving when trying to Rockbox my 6th gen iPod 120GB. The error I get when trying to install the "winusb" driver is as follows: "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device; Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it." Then it lists the device as "iPod Classic/Nano 3G Bootrom DFU". Then underneath the device is where the problem is occurring: "A service installation section in this INF is invalid". I haven't changed anything about the file and even re-downloaded it. I checked the wiki and didn't see anything about this problem, just wanted to know if anyone else came across this or could point me in the right direction. And if it matters I am running Windows 7 64bit. Thanks for any help, and apologies for the length of the post just trying to give as much info as possible.

check if you're in admin account, 64bit windows 7 here as well and installed on a 160gb classic with no problems. oh make sure when you connect the dfu ipod in you skip it when Windows try to find a driver online and then go to devices and printers find your dfu ipod and then install the driver by right clicking into properties.
post #83 of 3250

Well not sure what happened but after a few more tries of "Have Disk" I finally managed to get it to work. Glad to have Rockbox up and running with no issues at the moment, but like others have stated the battery life is pretty poor. I got a full charge last night, and am already down to 60% after only about 2 hours? We'll see if that changes as I continue to mess around with it. Thanks anyways for the help bunch!

post #84 of 3250

Please post if you're battery life is any better, mine was awful.  
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFellSwoop View Post

Well not sure what happened but after a few more tries of "Have Disk" I finally managed to get it to work. Glad to have Rockbox up and running with no issues at the moment, but like others have stated the battery life is pretty poor. I got a full charge last night, and am already down to 60% after only about 2 hours? We'll see if that changes as I continue to mess around with it. Thanks anyways for the help bunch!


 

 

post #85 of 3250

Just rockboxed my classic. hope it works as well as i hope!

post #86 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusio View Post

Please post if you're battery life is any better, mine was awful.  
 


 

 


I think I'm getting around 6hrs of battery life out of mine as well, which was pretty similar to what I was getting out of it originally with the apple software.
post #87 of 3250

Really? 6h for a classic with normal software classic are pretty low though.

How is the rest working, apart from battery life? That question goes to everyone who has tried Rockbox on a classic ;)

post #88 of 3250

havent found any problems at all. works as good as it does on my 1gen mini.

 

 

post #89 of 3250

Well the software works great, I love the amount of customization I have. But I still think the battery life is below average as I too only get about 6 hours. With the Apple firmware I could get around to 12 hours a charge. I haven't decided what I am going to do yet, as it is still a pain I can't see the device on my Mac and I don't wanna drain my battery by having to charge it everyday. 

post #90 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by endlezz518 View Post

Really? 6h for a classic with normal software classic are pretty low though.

How is the rest working, apart from battery life? That question goes to everyone who has tried Rockbox on a classic wink.gif


What are you specifically asking about? The bubble game works great, eq assuming works great if I could get my head around how to use it. Haven't tried video playback, as I have my phone for that. The rockbox finds all of my music without fault, although I don't really like how it takes a while for it to "update" the database, also no laggy apple interface is a plus as well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.