Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › ***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared*** - Page 39

post #571 of 585

I really like the TM7. However, in the Blox thread I read that BE5 was about as good as the TM7! And still there's a new flagship earbud coming from Blox later this year!
Since I really like my Dasetn earbuds, I felt that I could just as well skip the BE5 and buy the new Blox flagship model when that's released...

I've got two top Aiwa earbuds -HP-D9 and the HP-V2. The soundstage on the D9 is amazing, best I've heard in a pair of earbuds, but bass is almost non-existant. It works great with acoustic and more calm music but because of the thin bass response it doesn't work that great with heavier rock music. Aiwa HP-V2 is an old model, from 1982 or 1983, but it sounds great. It's a bit thinner sounding than for example Dasetn M1, but almost as good.

I've also got some old top Sony models - MDR-E252, MDR-E282 & MDR-E484. E252 (released 1982 or 1983 as a competitor to Aiwa HP-V2) sounds a bit close to Blox TM7, but not as good. E282 and E484 are pretty good as well. Until I discovered Blox and Dasetn earbuds, the old Aiwa and Sony earbuds were my favorites...

post #572 of 585

I own and rank the following (by sound quality, not sound signature):

 

Blox TM7 > Desetn M760 (both black & red cabled versions) >= Blox BE5 >> Dasetn M1 >= Yuin PK1 >= Blox M2C > Tingo TG-38S*

 

* My set of TG-38S may be defective as it's even hard for me to believe they could be that bad.  I ordered a 2nd pair but won't be able to test for a few months

 

TM7, M760 & BE5 are head and shoulders better than the rest

M1, PK1 and M2C are very close to each other

post #573 of 585

Danneq, I agree. BE5 is good but not better than TM7 or Dasetn M760.  If someone already owns either of those 2, skip BE5.  I'm also excited about Blox's new flagship.  Any word on release date?

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danneq View Post
 

I really like the TM7. However, in the Blox thread I read that BE5 was about as good as the TM7! And still there's a new flagship earbud coming from Blox later this year!
Since I really like my Dasetn earbuds, I felt that I could just as well skip the BE5 and buy the new Blox flagship model when that's released...

post #574 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtruong34 View Post
 

I own and rank the following (by sound quality, not sound signature):

 

Blox TM7 > Desetn M760 (both black & red cabled versions) >= Blox BE5 >> Dasetn M1 >= Yuin PK1 >= Blox M2C > Tingo TG-38S*

 

* My set of TG-38S may be defective as it's even hard for me to believe they could be that bad.  I ordered a 2nd pair but won't be able to test for a few months

 

TM7, M760 & BE5 are head and shoulders better than the rest

M1, PK1 and M2C are very close to each other

:atsmile: rating added to post #568

post #575 of 585

Sorry for the noob question but wasn't PK1 the king of earbuds ? 

 

Can someone please explain me how the M760 which cost 25usd perform better than pk1 which cost 150$ ? How is that possible ? Pk1 needs an amp to perform best from what i 've read (i'm not an pk1 owner)

post #576 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by shak85 View Post
 

Sorry for the noob question but wasn't PK1 the king of earbuds ?

 

Can someone please explain me how the M760 which cost 25usd perform better than pk1 which cost 150$ ? How is that possible ? Pk1 needs an amp to perform best from what i 've read (i'm not an pk1 owner)

Can't speak for others but this is how I derived my ranking.  It was by overall sound quality.  The PK1 has strengths and weaknesses over the M760 and vice versa.  Some of those qualities were more or less important to me, but may be different to others.  To my ears, the PK1 excel in detail and clarity, but lack in bottom end fullness and weight.  Soundstage is average.  M760 trump PK1 in most categories except detail and clarity. I guess I would describe the PK1 as "clinical" and M760 as "musical" so that's why I put M760 higher.

 

As to your specific question HOW it's done on different dollar scale, I don't know, I'm not a manufacturer.

 

P.S. PK1 was displaced by the Blox models as King Of Buds by reviewer ClieOS.

post #577 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtruong34 View Post
 

Can't speak for others but this is how I derived my ranking.  It was by overall sound quality.  The PK1 has strengths and weaknesses over the M760 and vice versa.  Some of those qualities were more or less important to me, but may be different to others.  To my ears, the PK1 excel in detail and clarity, but lack in bottom end fullness and weight.  Soundstage is average.  M760 trump PK1 in most categories except detail and clarity. I guess I would describe the PK1 as "clinical" and M760 as "musical" so that's why I put M760 higher.

 

As to your specific question HOW it's done on different dollar scale, I don't know, I'm not a manufacturer.

 

P.S. PK1 was displaced by the Blox models as King Of Buds by reviewer ClieOS.

Yes i've read that review. Anyway i have ordered the M760 but i 'm thinking of getting Blox Be5 as well. My dilemma is if i will spent cash over M985 or Be5 or PK1 . I've searched for a comparison between those three and clieOS states that m985 is better than the other two but others state otherwise and fit problems. Which one would you recommend? If m760 has better quality than BE5 i might just stick with it since it's cheaper

post #578 of 585

Having owned Blox TM7, I wasn't very impressed with BE5.  It's rating falls about where it should be.  Below TM7 in line with it's price.  I was very impressed with M760 when taking price into consideration. 

post #579 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtruong34 View Post

Having owned Blox TM7, I wasn't very impressed with BE5.  It's rating falls about where it should be.  Below TM7 in line with it's price.  I was very impressed with M760 when taking price into consideration. 

Thanks for the info. Does amping help like in pk1? Any iems that have similar sound quality with m760?
post #580 of 585

Post #568 updated as of 6/10/14!


Edited by jrazmar - 6/9/14 at 3:05pm
post #581 of 585

Anyone interested for blox I got a response from bloxearpones . The development of the new flagship has gone quite slow so the release is likely to be Q4 instead of Q3

post #582 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtruong34 View Post

Can't speak for others but this is how I derived my ranking.  It was by overall sound quality.  The PK1 has strengths and weaknesses over the M760 and vice versa.  Some of those qualities were more or less important to me, but may be different to others.  To my ears, the PK1 excel in detail and clarity, but lack in bottom end fullness and weight.  Soundstage is average.  M760 trump PK1 in most categories except detail and clarity. I guess I would describe the PK1 as "clinical" and M760 as "musical" so that's why I put M760 higher.

As to your specific question HOW it's done on different dollar scale, I don't know, I'm not a manufacturer.

P.S. PK1 was displaced by the Blox models as King Of Buds by reviewer ClieOS.

I just got m760 and indeed they have a warm sound. I should have pk1 in next week , i m even more excited since they have great detail and clarity. I like to have an easy to understand separation of instruments and i think pk1 will be perfect for rock/blues .
post #583 of 585

A set of earbuds that are coming with the new Amazon phone that was announced yesterday. Might be promising, might not be. Though
it might be worth mentioning as a lot of phone makers tend to throw iems with their phones nowadays instead of earbuds. Looks inspired of the earpod from Apple a little bit.

post #584 of 585
It seems that in first page the earbuds Live and Living get the highest score. Can anyone that had experience with them share his review about them ?
post #585 of 585
I would be intereste to know how mx985 compares to blox earbuds


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › ***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***