Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 636

post #9526 of 18522

the rs1i's have arrived !

post #9527 of 18522
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post
 

 

While it does seem a bit high, it is still much less than the replacement velour ear pads for the Sennheiser HD-600 / 650 headphones.  Those pad replacements run about $58.00 before shipping.  But, you have to take into consideration, the TTVJ flats are made to the same specifications as the originals and are apparently made by the same company that made the pads for Grado.

Thanks for the info on the making of the pads, glad to know the same company still makes them.

I'm going to try them on all of the Grado models.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

the rs1i's have arrived !

Nice!!!

Cant wait to hear what you have to say about them, congratulations!!!

post #9528 of 18522
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

the rs1i's have arrived !

ERMAHGERD! I bet your excited!

post #9529 of 18522
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

the rs1i's have arrived !

 

Ok.  I'm a little jealous 

:(

post #9530 of 18522
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post
 

 

Ok.  I'm a little jealous 

:(

 

+1

post #9531 of 18522

OK-Jay-we're all waiting...especially those of us who haven't heard the RSIi.

 

My sense is they are really, really great....but not slam dunk, slap you in the face-the most beautiful woman you've ever seen-great. My sense is it's a lot more subtle than that.

 

But, do tell!

 

I've read so much about those damn HP's...it feels like the way I felt about the Lord of the Rings. I actually read LOTR before as the movies came out at the ripe old age of about 40...I said, fine, I'm going to read these books I've heard people rant about incessantly my whole life.....

 

And, I loved them!

post #9532 of 18522
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 

OK-Jay-we're all waiting...especially those of us who haven't heard the RSIi.

 

My sense is they are really, really great....but not slam dunk, slap you in the face-the most beautiful woman you've ever seen-great. My sense is it's a lot more subtle than that.

 

But, do tell!

 

I've read so much about those damn HP's...it feels like the way I felt about the Lord of the Rings. I actually read LOTR before as the movies came out at the ripe old age of about 40...I said, fine, I'm going to read these books I've heard people rant about incessantly my whole life.....

 

And, I loved them!

 

 

of course it hasn't been very long, i've just had them for a couple of hours so i only have some first impressions

yeah, its not a slap in the face , mouth open, "holy cow" kinda thing, it is subtle for the most part

it is a grado, thats for sure, i guess the easiest thing i could say right now, is it sounds like a silky sr225i

bass is improved, the treble has detail, but not harsh, not sibilant , very smooth

instrument separation is really good

i do wonder how the tape mod would make it sound, i bet it would be good !

right now i'm listening to jane's addiction, "jane say's" never heard it sound better

post #9533 of 18522

right now i'm listening to jane's addiction, "jane say's" never heard it sound better

 

Thanks Jay-comports with what I've heard.....OBTW, good taste...love Jane's Addiction....Nothing's Shocking-killer album. Enjoy!

post #9534 of 18522

I'm offering a rare, vintage Grado rig in the For Sale Forums.

Thanks!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/683480/vintage-grado-rig-rare-black-sr325-joseph-grado-signature-hpa-2-amplifier

post #9535 of 18522
urbanear plattan headband or sony mdr 7506 headband which one is the worthest for grado replacement headband?
post #9536 of 18522
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakinkeen View Post

urbanear plattan headband or sony mdr 7506 headband which one is the worthest for grado replacement headband?

 

I haven't personally used the Urban Ears option, but have used the Sony band on two builds now.  I think the Sony 7506 is an excellent band.  I have provided a somewhat lengthy narrative on the Sony 7506 a few minutes ago in the following linked post:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/576717/grado-modders-go-magnum/2895#post_9842286

 

post #9537 of 18522

First post for me, got into some in-ear love with the Monster Miles Davis Tribunes.  Entered a contest a short while later at Grado and won a set of SR10's.  Gave them to my kid as a birthday present.  Thinking meh... hope he enjoys them.

 

Turns out I do too.  Found the PS500 for $400 on Amazon and hope they work well with my Schiit amp and DAC.  Might need to upgrade that too.  They should be here later this week.

 

So what's the deal with the pads?

post #9538 of 18522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drmark View Post
 

First post for me, got into some in-ear love with the Monster Miles Davis Tribunes.  Entered a contest a short while later at Grado and won a set of SR10's.  Gave them to my kid as a birthday present.  Thinking meh... hope he enjoys them.

 

Turns out I do too.  Found the PS500 for $400 on Amazon and hope they work well with my Schiit amp and DAC.  Might need to upgrade that too.  They should be here later this week.

 

So what's the deal with the pads?

wow, the ps500 for $400 thats almost half price,

i have the ps500 too, i love mine ! what's your concern with the pads ?

the pads do have an effect on the sound, comfort too, i have both the L-cushes, and the g-cushes,

the g's are the most comfortable, and provide a larger soundstage , the L-cushes a more intimate staging, sound

post #9539 of 18522

I have been reading that the stock pads are pretty bad.  Also when it arrives to wash them to soften them.  Will I need to replace the pads with something else?

post #9540 of 18522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drmark View Post
 

I have been reading that the stock pads are pretty bad.  Also when it arrives to wash them to soften them.  Will I need to replace the pads with something else?

 

Which pad? S-cush, L-cush , or G-bowls?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!