or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Fan Club! - Page 415

post #6211 of 27047
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

I have the SR225i. I do prefer the sound coming out of my ODAC/Little Dot I+ over my Samsung Note 2 phone for critical listening. But for moving around the house, I'm not listening nearly as closely, and the SQ of the Samsung is good enough for me. It also seems that the SR225i really just do sound good with a multitude of sources. I have Ultrasone HFI-780 that respond more dramatically to being amplified, where I have more of a sense of loss when they are not amped.

However, I did just order an O2 headphone amp to go with my ODAC and the Note 2 (Note 2 has USB audio out). Not for my pocket for moving around (the O2 is a little big for that), but so I can sit anywhere in my house and relax with some critical listening, or if I want to use my headphones with my laptop in another room to get away from my computer workstation in my home office. Probably will take it on business trips for relaxing in the hotel room at the end of the day.

I had the same sense w/ my Ipod w/ more causal listening it sounds pretty good. Hey, I took a look at their website, that O2 looks pretty sweet. Do you consider that an upgrade from your Fiio E17-or will you use them for different applictions?


Edited by markm1 - 2/4/13 at 1:00pm
post #6212 of 27047

Grados are good, but too bright, and the pads man .. G cush are comfortable but there is no bass with them on the ps500, that's sick !

post #6213 of 27047

I have to say...I have had my PS500 for a month now..Just picked up some Beyerdynamic T1's. It's early but I think the PS500 is a better sounding can. Or maybe just more fun.Yes the sound stage is bigger on the T1 and is more clear as well... Maybe I am just a Grado lover. I have never listened to any other Grado's. Any other suggestions on picking up another set of Grado's to add to my PS500?

post #6214 of 27047

You really think the PS500 is bright???? Try the AKG Q701.. Now that's bright. 

post #6215 of 27047
Quote:
Originally Posted by ematthews View Post

I have to say...I have had my PS500 for a month now..Just picked up some Beyerdynamic T1's. It's early but I think the PS500 is a better sounding can. Or maybe just more fun.Yes the sound stage is bigger on the T1 and is more clear as well... Maybe I am just a Grado lover. I have never listened to any other Grado's. Any other suggestions on picking up another set of Grado's to add to my PS500?

I think most people would recommend the Rs1's to compliment the PS500's. I have Rs2's and my next purchase will be Ps500 to compliment them.cool.gif

post #6216 of 27047
Quote:
Originally Posted by obobskivich View Post

I live in a fairly dry climate though.

Fairly dry???? I thought Barsoom was like a desert wink.gif
post #6217 of 27047
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post

I had the same sense w/ my Ipod w/ more causal listening it sounds pretty good. Hey, I took a look at their website, that O2 looks pretty sweet. Do you consider that an upgrade from your Fiio E17-or will you use them for different applictions?

I keep my E17 at work in my office with my laptop for when I want to listen to some background music there.

But yes. By all measures, the O2 is a better headphone amp.
post #6218 of 27047
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post

I think most people would recommend the Rs1's to compliment the PS500's. I have Rs2's and my next purchase will be Ps500 to compliment them.cool.gif

OK-so when you upgrade to Rs1s/PS500's, etc. do the SR series (I've got the 225i) seem obsolete at that point?

post #6219 of 27047
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post

I think most people would recommend the Rs1's to compliment the PS500's. I have Rs2's and my next purchase will be Ps500 to compliment them.cool.gif

 

Two pairs of high end headphones for around $1000-$1200, i call this a smart move.

post #6220 of 27047
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post

OK-so when you upgrade to Rs1s/PS500's, etc. do the SR series (I've got the 225i) seem obsolete at that point?

 

i'm not sure i understand what you mean, but if you mean that by getting either the RS1i or the PS500, you would stop using your SR225i, my guess would be, yes. Since i've bought my PS1000, i hardly use my GS1000 anymore.

post #6221 of 27047

Would the RS1i be a nice compliment to the 325i.

 

I am very close to looking for a pair.

post #6222 of 27047
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post

Would the RS1i be a nice compliment to the 325i.

 

I am very close to looking for a pair.

Not a nice compliment as an amazing REPLACEMENT to the 325i! wink_face.gif

post #6223 of 27047
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post

Would the RS1i be a nice compliment to the 325i.

 

I am very close to looking for a pair.

 

Hi, beside appearance and weight what is the SQ gain from 325i to RS1i?

Some said sonically they are close, the RS1i SQ gain are like 15%?

Any one here who have both like to comment since this is Grado Fan club? :D

post #6224 of 27047
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post

Would the RS1i be a nice compliment to the 325i.

 

I am very close to looking for a pair.

 

In my opinion,the PS500 would be a better complement to the SR325i than the RS1i.

post #6225 of 27047
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker45 View Post

 

In my opinion,the PS500 would be a better complement to the SR325i than the RS1i.

I may just replace my 325is with the RS1i's......just not sure if it would be worth the $225 to upgrade ..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Fan Club!