Hello, long time reader, first time poster from denmark.
I am looking for the perfect pair of headphones to match my budget and so far i haven't found much...
So i am hoping the pros from this fine forum will be able to help.
What i am looking for in a pair of headphones is as follows:
- High sound quality with good detail.
- Decent bass ( doesn't have to be "make my ears bleed" bass, just a good fast kick bass )
- Quality design, solid, must not feel like it was break if i drop it.
- They must work on the go aswell as at home.
- I would greatly prefere a design that allows me to change the cabel without having to use screwdrivers and soldering tools. (planning on a recabel with one for home and one for "on the go")
And most important of all
The headphones must not touch my ears AT ALL, they HAVE to go around and rest on my head without touching my ears.
My ears are stupid and starts hurting after 30 min or so wearing normal headphones.
I dont care if its a new model or an older you recommend, i have no problem buying used, but my current max is prolly the $500 range.
My current head gear is as follows:
B&W P5 Headphones, with pure gold plated solid copper braid recabel, a bit stiff but great sound.
Iphone 4s + Fiio 7 portabel headphone amplifier with LOD for portabel.
Vincent KHV-111 MK II tube headphone amplifier and B&W Aura CD player for home use.
Hope you guys will be able to help, i spend about 4 hours in busses and trains a day going to and from work so i really need a pair of headphones thats comfortable to wear for long periods of time.
Really tough requirements and hard to meet them all. The big one is the one you underlined. It is actually hard to find a closed headphone that does not touch the ears at some pint. Some nice ones to try would be the AT- ATH-900 which have BIG cups or perhaps the Denon D2000. Both decent cans. I used to wear over the ear cans too (AKG K241S) and could not stand anything in my ear like IEMS. But I got used to iems over time and settled on some Westone UM-3x which are perfect for traveling.