- 29 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Melbourne. AU
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
Photo courtesy of Cozoy INTRODUCTION I recently tested out a couple battery-powered DAC/Amp (Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3) solutions and the battery-free Calyx PaT DAC/Amp with the goal of...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus Review Hello, my name is Oscar and this is my review of the Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus. Creative sent these to me as part of a tour and I did not pay for...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 586post #8776 of 202339/29/12 at 6:41amIt certainly does! I haven't tried many other amps with the LCDs but it was a clear winner (for me) over the Sugden HA-4, and Schiit Mjolnir.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8777 of 202339/29/12 at 6:55amQuote:
I like the Fit-PC too! Awesome little box. Does yours have the single or dual drive bays?post #8778 of 202339/29/12 at 6:56ampost #8779 of 202339/29/12 at 7:18amJust a single bay in which I have a 250Gb SSD which is more than enough for the OS and few essential software. I have external 2Tb connected via USB 3.Quote:
Edited by Sab666 - 9/29/12 at 7:19ampost #8780 of 202339/29/12 at 7:24amI did have an issue with heat after doing 122 Windows updates in a row! (about an hour and a half of constant strain on CPU and HD) Had to cool it down with a frozen pea bag.. But running JRiver MC, or even Photoshop 5 it doesn't break a sweat.Quote:
Edited by Sab666 - 9/29/12 at 7:25ampost #8781 of 202339/29/12 at 8:49ampost #8782 of 202339/29/12 at 9:06ampost #8783 of 202339/29/12 at 11:06ampost #8784 of 202339/29/12 at 11:36amQuote:
Stop spending money. Forever. You shall use every last bit of your money, hunt and gather for food, ride a bike to generate electricity and have a "Will work for music" sign
Have funpost #8785 of 202339/29/12 at 1:47pmpost #8786 of 202339/29/12 at 2:20pm
Hate to break it to ya, but you're in way too deep.post #8787 of 202339/29/12 at 2:29pm
Loving my DT880/250s, had 'em for 2 weeks now. They sound great with the E17. Drinking some limited release Lagunitas Sumpin' Wild right now... bought 3 bombers of it yesterday. One of my favorite beers of all time.post #8788 of 202339/29/12 at 3:08pm
Hmmm no BBcode on this forum?
Edited by Signy - 9/29/12 at 3:15pmpost #8789 of 202339/29/12 at 3:29pmpost #8790 of 202339/29/12 at 4:01pm
I love the Lehmann head-amps, they have such a super-sweet treble, never bright, never harsh. I had the Lehmann Rhinelander before it (actually still have it here in its box - must sell) and they're very similar sounding. I wanted the BCL because of its linear/integral PSU and the fact I could upgrade the mains cable at a later date. I suppose it would be fair to say that the BCL has slightly more authority and a more 'full bodied' sound than its cheaper brother but I wouldn't be unhappy if I still only had the Rhinelander.
I've swapped to the M-Dac from the Arcam rDAC because I've heard nothing but good things about it and it looks better ;) I've been listening to it for the past few days and fettling with the filters and FW versions (they do sound different). The designer, John Westlake is supporting it outside of Audiolab along with programmer Dominik and has been releasing updated FW for it but because of memory limitations within the internal processors, he's had to shunt processes around which has altered it's sonic sig. slightly. Some people prefer the original 'shipping' FW sq whereas others prefer the more clinical sound in the latest FW versions. There's TONS of information about all this on www.pinkfishmedia.net where John and Dom are quite prolific forum members. To summarise, I've (currently) settled on FW version A0.8 with the Optimal Transient XD filter and 'Phase Select' set to Reverse (180deg).
The HD700 I managed to get quite cheaply and so couldn't really say no. They are great and I'm delighted with them - super comfortable. A great step up from the 558's I was using.
Using a standard USB cable from my iMac (iTunes running on SSD) with Mark Grant G1000HD interconnect between DAC and amp. Currently got a NAIM PowerLine fitted to the Lehmann which is kindly on loan from a very nice customer of mine :) Thanks Chai. This will need to go back soon and not sure if I've heard or appreciated a difference over standard lead TBH...
Think that should cover everything :)
PS: Don't tell the wife how much these things cost.... I lie well ;)
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Looking for new headphones, need advice. New to audiophile gear. 1 minute ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 4 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 4 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 4 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 7 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 9 minutes ago
- › Cardas Clear Headphone Cable 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 10 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 10 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by nmatheis
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2