- 29 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Melbourne. AU
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/11/17
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a report about a new IEM from Brainwavz. The B100 Specifications: Drivers : Single Balanced Armature Rated Impedance : 50 Ω Frequency Range : 15 Hz ~ 22...
A little bit about me: So I am Neil. a normal music loving lad who works here in Japan. I commute everyday, and I am always searching for the best value for my music needs. I currently use the...
I tested these headphones and was not very impressed with them. The price was very high for a used pair of headphones and it did not seem to compete well with other brands at lower price points....
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
SPECS: No written spec was found for the UMI-BTA9 WHERE TO BUY / COST: http://amzn.to/2h6jhkA $69.99 new ( often heavily discounted down to $25 or less ) OVERVIEW Happy...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 586post #8776 of 215749/29/12 at 6:41amIt certainly does! I haven't tried many other amps with the LCDs but it was a clear winner (for me) over the Sugden HA-4, and Schiit Mjolnir.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8777 of 215749/29/12 at 6:55amQuote:
I like the Fit-PC too! Awesome little box. Does yours have the single or dual drive bays?post #8778 of 215749/29/12 at 6:56ampost #8779 of 215749/29/12 at 7:18amJust a single bay in which I have a 250Gb SSD which is more than enough for the OS and few essential software. I have external 2Tb connected via USB 3.Quote:
Edited by Sab666 - 9/29/12 at 7:19ampost #8780 of 215749/29/12 at 7:24amI did have an issue with heat after doing 122 Windows updates in a row! (about an hour and a half of constant strain on CPU and HD) Had to cool it down with a frozen pea bag.. But running JRiver MC, or even Photoshop 5 it doesn't break a sweat.Quote:
Edited by Sab666 - 9/29/12 at 7:25ampost #8781 of 215749/29/12 at 8:49ampost #8782 of 215749/29/12 at 9:06ampost #8783 of 215749/29/12 at 11:06ampost #8784 of 215749/29/12 at 11:36amQuote:
Stop spending money. Forever. You shall use every last bit of your money, hunt and gather for food, ride a bike to generate electricity and have a "Will work for music" sign
Have funpost #8785 of 215749/29/12 at 1:47pmpost #8786 of 215749/29/12 at 2:20pm
Hate to break it to ya, but you're in way too deep.post #8787 of 215749/29/12 at 2:29pm
Loving my DT880/250s, had 'em for 2 weeks now. They sound great with the E17. Drinking some limited release Lagunitas Sumpin' Wild right now... bought 3 bombers of it yesterday. One of my favorite beers of all time.post #8788 of 215749/29/12 at 3:08pm
Hmmm no BBcode on this forum?
Edited by Signy - 9/29/12 at 3:15pmpost #8789 of 215749/29/12 at 3:29pmpost #8790 of 215749/29/12 at 4:01pm
I love the Lehmann head-amps, they have such a super-sweet treble, never bright, never harsh. I had the Lehmann Rhinelander before it (actually still have it here in its box - must sell) and they're very similar sounding. I wanted the BCL because of its linear/integral PSU and the fact I could upgrade the mains cable at a later date. I suppose it would be fair to say that the BCL has slightly more authority and a more 'full bodied' sound than its cheaper brother but I wouldn't be unhappy if I still only had the Rhinelander.
I've swapped to the M-Dac from the Arcam rDAC because I've heard nothing but good things about it and it looks better ;) I've been listening to it for the past few days and fettling with the filters and FW versions (they do sound different). The designer, John Westlake is supporting it outside of Audiolab along with programmer Dominik and has been releasing updated FW for it but because of memory limitations within the internal processors, he's had to shunt processes around which has altered it's sonic sig. slightly. Some people prefer the original 'shipping' FW sq whereas others prefer the more clinical sound in the latest FW versions. There's TONS of information about all this on www.pinkfishmedia.net where John and Dom are quite prolific forum members. To summarise, I've (currently) settled on FW version A0.8 with the Optimal Transient XD filter and 'Phase Select' set to Reverse (180deg).
The HD700 I managed to get quite cheaply and so couldn't really say no. They are great and I'm delighted with them - super comfortable. A great step up from the 558's I was using.
Using a standard USB cable from my iMac (iTunes running on SSD) with Mark Grant G1000HD interconnect between DAC and amp. Currently got a NAIM PowerLine fitted to the Lehmann which is kindly on loan from a very nice customer of mine :) Thanks Chai. This will need to go back soon and not sure if I've heard or appreciated a difference over standard lead TBH...
Think that should cover everything :)
PS: Don't tell the wife how much these things cost.... I lie well ;)
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Which is better: Sennheiser HD800S or Ether Flow? 14 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 36 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 38 seconds ago
- › THE Ultimate Step-By-Step Hifiman Headband Replacement Guide from... 1 minute ago
- › Introducing NightOwl Carbon & NightHawk Carbon. Next Generation... 1 minute ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear