- 29 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Melbourne. AU
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time of this review, the iFi micro iDSD, iFi nano Gemini cable and iFi nano iUSB3.0 was for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are links for the purchase of these three...
These so far dethroned all my top headphones. Deeper more natural bass than the M50X, or the HE-400, better 3d imaging, and speed than the AD900x, better comfort than the DT990pro. Mine is...
Introduction I was able to demo the PM-3 for a week as part of OPPO's loaner program. This is the second OPPO loaner I've tried (also auditioned the PM-1), and once again I'd like to thank Chris...
For the money they are extremely comfortable, sound great plugged into my Onkyo TX-8255 receiver playing either music or watching videos from my pc through the Onkyo. I know you can spend many...
Intro: I'm not all too technical about sound (which explains only the bass/mid/treble; I still need to add my thoughts on soundstage though). It's pretty much whether I like a product or I...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 586post #8776 of 210509/29/12 at 6:41amIt certainly does! I haven't tried many other amps with the LCDs but it was a clear winner (for me) over the Sugden HA-4, and Schiit Mjolnir.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8777 of 210509/29/12 at 6:55amQuote:
I like the Fit-PC too! Awesome little box. Does yours have the single or dual drive bays?post #8778 of 210509/29/12 at 6:56ampost #8779 of 210509/29/12 at 7:18amJust a single bay in which I have a 250Gb SSD which is more than enough for the OS and few essential software. I have external 2Tb connected via USB 3.Quote:
Edited by Sab666 - 9/29/12 at 7:19ampost #8780 of 210509/29/12 at 7:24amI did have an issue with heat after doing 122 Windows updates in a row! (about an hour and a half of constant strain on CPU and HD) Had to cool it down with a frozen pea bag.. But running JRiver MC, or even Photoshop 5 it doesn't break a sweat.Quote:
Edited by Sab666 - 9/29/12 at 7:25ampost #8781 of 210509/29/12 at 8:49ampost #8782 of 210509/29/12 at 9:06ampost #8783 of 210509/29/12 at 11:06ampost #8784 of 210509/29/12 at 11:36amQuote:
Stop spending money. Forever. You shall use every last bit of your money, hunt and gather for food, ride a bike to generate electricity and have a "Will work for music" sign
Have funpost #8785 of 210509/29/12 at 1:47pmpost #8786 of 210509/29/12 at 2:20pm
Hate to break it to ya, but you're in way too deep.post #8787 of 210509/29/12 at 2:29pm
Loving my DT880/250s, had 'em for 2 weeks now. They sound great with the E17. Drinking some limited release Lagunitas Sumpin' Wild right now... bought 3 bombers of it yesterday. One of my favorite beers of all time.post #8788 of 210509/29/12 at 3:08pm
Hmmm no BBcode on this forum?
Edited by Signy - 9/29/12 at 3:15pmpost #8789 of 210509/29/12 at 3:29pmpost #8790 of 210509/29/12 at 4:01pm
I love the Lehmann head-amps, they have such a super-sweet treble, never bright, never harsh. I had the Lehmann Rhinelander before it (actually still have it here in its box - must sell) and they're very similar sounding. I wanted the BCL because of its linear/integral PSU and the fact I could upgrade the mains cable at a later date. I suppose it would be fair to say that the BCL has slightly more authority and a more 'full bodied' sound than its cheaper brother but I wouldn't be unhappy if I still only had the Rhinelander.
I've swapped to the M-Dac from the Arcam rDAC because I've heard nothing but good things about it and it looks better ;) I've been listening to it for the past few days and fettling with the filters and FW versions (they do sound different). The designer, John Westlake is supporting it outside of Audiolab along with programmer Dominik and has been releasing updated FW for it but because of memory limitations within the internal processors, he's had to shunt processes around which has altered it's sonic sig. slightly. Some people prefer the original 'shipping' FW sq whereas others prefer the more clinical sound in the latest FW versions. There's TONS of information about all this on www.pinkfishmedia.net where John and Dom are quite prolific forum members. To summarise, I've (currently) settled on FW version A0.8 with the Optimal Transient XD filter and 'Phase Select' set to Reverse (180deg).
The HD700 I managed to get quite cheaply and so couldn't really say no. They are great and I'm delighted with them - super comfortable. A great step up from the 558's I was using.
Using a standard USB cable from my iMac (iTunes running on SSD) with Mark Grant G1000HD interconnect between DAC and amp. Currently got a NAIM PowerLine fitted to the Lehmann which is kindly on loan from a very nice customer of mine :) Thanks Chai. This will need to go back soon and not sure if I've heard or appreciated a difference over standard lead TBH...
Think that should cover everything :)
PS: Don't tell the wife how much these things cost.... I lie well ;)
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Audeze LCD-4 10 seconds ago
- › 50%Off for Bluetooth Headphone Ausdom M05 with APT-X Announcement... 50 seconds ago
- › iCAN Amp Review: A New Amp that Gives You More: More Bass, More... 3 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio "Pro" desktop line discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Good amp/dac to get better bass out of k7xx's 7 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sophonax
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse