Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 671

post #10051 of 18664
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontBend Ascend View Post

Yeah I've read that they are pretty hit and miss for people, also considering their size. I had a hard time with pulling the trigger, but I am very happy with them which has the unfortunate side effect that my Hd598 don't get much use anymore


The fact that your username has told me that I'm not the only lover of GYBE on Head-Fi has made my day.

post #10052 of 18664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

I wish I liked the sound of AKG phones as much as I liked how amazing they look in photos!

Know the feeling. I would love a set but the mids, especially vocals can sound a bit metallic. They've gone down from £250 to £150 now though, incredible price, even if I just use them for techno music.

post #10053 of 18664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon View Post

Know the feeling. I would love a set but the mids, especially vocals can sound a bit metallic. They've gone down from £250 to £150 now though, incredible price, even if I just use them for techno music.

 

Yep, I know when I sold my Qs a couple weeks ago, I had to lower the asking price since Amazon has them at a really attractive price right now. For those who like the sound, it's a great time to buy. In the meantime I'll continue to enjoy their photogenic qualities :D

post #10054 of 18664
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWuss View Post

the Harbeths have arrived...
Please excuse the homemade mass-loaded stands.   : (
my quick solution while i await the arrival of Skylan stands...   popcorn.gif


it is early yet, but i can already see a REL sub in my near future.
the Harbeths' midbass is terrific, but i want extension down to 20 Hz, please.   wink.gif



So after auditioning speakers today I think I've decided to go with...these. Harbeth Suoer 5s. Absolutely put Zu and Devore on blast.
post #10055 of 18664

deadhorse.gif

post #10056 of 18664
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

So after auditioning speakers today I think I've decided to go with...these. Harbeth Suoer 5s. Absolutely put Zu and Devore on blast.

 

Cool.  Could you post your demo impressions of all three in the 'pics of your high end rig' thread?  It's a bit more conducive to that discussion than this one.  IIRC people were following your pre-demo thoughts on that thread anyway.

post #10057 of 18664

I was planning on it. Just remembered that the exact speaker I was wowed by was recently talked about here as well.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxvc View Post

 

Cool.  Could you post your demo impressions of all three in the 'pics of your high end rig' thread?  It's a bit more conducive to that discussion than this one.  IIRC people were following your pre-demo thoughts on that thread anyway.

post #10058 of 18664

Will take better photos on the weekend, but this is my current setup:

700

 

From the right - B&W MM1, Audeze LCD-2, Sennheiser HD 650, Mac mini 2011, and the Fiio E7/E9 (soon to be HRT Music Streamer II+ and M-Stage amp :) )

post #10059 of 18664
A bit grainy taken from my ipad directly. But added a couple things since I last posted here. Namely the Lyr and the HD650.
post #10060 of 18664

I do almost zero listening by headphone or speakers for that matter at home, since the birth of my 2nd child. So I decided to put some better, by my standards, bits into my work setup.

 

Just added this week, Fiio E10 and Alessando MS1(loving them both so far). Also pictured, ATH M35, K240 Mkii, Ipod Shuffle, Ipod classic, new style apple earbuds, Boston Acoustics HD5, and my in-laws' old Penncrest receiver.

700

 

Edit: yeah its always that cluttered, headphones or not.

post #10061 of 18664
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugi123 View Post

Will take better photos on the weekend, but this is my current setup:

700

 

From the right - B&W MM1, Audeze LCD-2, Sennheiser HD 650, Mac mini 2011, and the Fiio E7/E9 (soon to be HRT Music Streamer II+ and M-Stage amp :) )

Nice, love the look of the B&W's and those stands aswell!

post #10062 of 18664

700

Using my Lyr as a preamp for the speakers....I got lazy and didnt want to switch cables every time I wanted to listen to my cans.

post #10063 of 18664
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrow View Post

700

Using my Lyr as a preamp for the speakers....I got lazy and didnt want to switch cables every time I wanted to listen to my cans.

Those A2's?

post #10064 of 18664

Is that a polystyrene mannequin head or is it solid it solid plastic/glass? Thinking of getting one for my upcoming SR-Omega's.

post #10065 of 18664

definitely styrofoam. pier 1 has glass heads for like 12 bucks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...