Try Nelly Furtado's Party's Just Begun. I have it on the Brokedown Palace OST. Pretty nice about 10 seconds in.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 9/6/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/10/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/10/10
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 12/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for hip hop/rap for 300$ Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help headphones for rap/hip hop 90% of the time Last post on 1/7/12 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Argh! Why cant I find the right headphones?? Last post on 4/14/12 at 10:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones to compliment the LCD-2? Last post on 8/9/11 at 8:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
Ultrasone Pro 900 Appreciation Thread - Page 353
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5282 of 57461/24/13 at 5:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by CrimsonTowers
Received these earlier this week. Very very very satisfied with them. I have to say I was slightly underwhelmed at first by the signature but as I continued to listen I pretty much fell in love. Psychological burn-in is certainly a real thing.
Any song suggestions to take these cans to their limit? Don't worry about genre--musical prefeyou are enjoying themrence has nothing to do with this experiment.
Glad you are enjoying them...
How about trying the song in the OP here....http://www.head-fi.org/t/643934/the-essential-rock-metal-headphone-appreciation-thread-fans-unite then post your thoughts metal man....post #5283 of 57461/24/13 at 8:18pmpost #5284 of 57461/24/13 at 8:26pmpost #5285 of 57461/25/13 at 3:31pmI've had my Pro900's for about a year now and I paired them with the Hifi-Man 602. Let me say that this combo sounds awsome. I know the mids are slightly reccessed but not with this combo. You can listen to everything. The 602 has slightly rolled off highs , with a mid-range that is to die for , deep punchy bass, wide dynamics and a huge detailed soundstage. You have to hear it.post #5286 of 57461/25/13 at 3:47pm
I listen to jazz, some classical, house, Baltimore Club, hip-hop, rap, dubstep, pop, some rock and I am sure I mised some.post #5287 of 57461/25/13 at 4:08pm
Listen to Porter Robinson's Album. Dubstep that is too addicting ;)
Also Dusky aka Solarity
Skrillex for more dub
Massive Attack for some chill awesomeness
Matt Lange personally one of my favorite producers.
Edited by LustLoveLuck - 1/25/13 at 4:09pmpost #5288 of 57461/25/13 at 9:46pmQuote:
Agreed. They render bass very well, almost like Shabazz Palaces and The Bug. Amenamy is one of my usual test tracks for new equipment. Love the trap influence toopost #5289 of 57461/26/13 at 5:32ampost #5290 of 57461/26/13 at 6:19am
I don't understand the odd claims of the people that are against them. The claim is the mids are just not there while they prefer flat music. But any musician knows is that if add bass and significant highs at flat the mids will be easily drowned out because they do not travel as far. I don't understand how so many people miss this point.post #5291 of 57461/29/13 at 3:30pmQuote:
Same thing happened to me, I had to send it in for an RMA repair. I think they had to re-solder the connection. Solid performance since the repair.post #5292 of 57461/30/13 at 3:21am
Yeah, it became a huge ordeal with the person I bought them from. It was a independent seller. She said to ship them back to her and then said that there was nothing wrong with them. So, she gave me the option of returning them to me or returning them for a return with twenty percent of the cost of the item that she would keep for her troubles. I filed an a-z claim and got it all back since she had no right to do that. Just another warning of buying from sellers like that.post #5293 of 57461/30/13 at 4:59am
I got a friend of mine to buy these today, I was actually underwhelmed when I tried them out of an ipod but after some amping they really came alive! I was shocked at the sound stage to be honest, I thought it would be much smaller then it was. Overall I found these to great and the build quality was absolutely fantastic, I even thought they felt more solid then my Edition 8's!post #5294 of 57462/1/13 at 8:36amQuote:
I completely agree. It's night/ day difference when I try them out of my ipod. Well, I have to say they sound "fine", but still, the difference is big.
Edited by JackeShan - 2/1/13 at 8:37ampost #5295 of 57462/1/13 at 12:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kez1a
I got a friend of mine to buy these today, I was actually underwhelmed when I tried them out of an ipod but after some amping they really came alive! I was shocked at the sound stage to be honest, I thought it would be much smaller then it was. Overall I found these to great and the build quality was absolutely fantastic, I even thought they felt more solid then my Edition 8's!
What kind of amp do you have? I'm looking into an E11 or the new E12 that's coming out in March.
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › New to CIEMs - Seal 3 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › DT770 32ohm, Shure SRH940 or ATH-A900x? 2 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 5 minutes ago
- › Headphone system recommendations desired! $1500 budget. 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 6 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 8 minutes ago
- › Dream Earz AUD 8x 8 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 11 minutes ago
- › Winter Meet 2014 Westerville ohio (north columbus) 12 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude