has anyone done a comparison of these two? I know they are very similar and I've pretty much decided on getting one of the two, but the lack of direct comparison makes it hard... I'm specifically curious about things like bass impact, instrument separation, and whether or not the ck10's are really worth the roughly $100 more...
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/7/10
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 12/7/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/7/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- Ortofon eQ5 in review - possibly the last earphone a man (or woman) could ever want in his (or... Last post on 4/5/13 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's for Thrash Metal, maximum budget of £250, source iaudio9 Last post on 2/16/11 at 12:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thoughts on an upgrade to CK10 from q-JAYS Last post on 2/6/11 at 12:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM, mainly rock/metal ~$250-300 Last post on 10/1/10 at 11:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are replacement for ATH-CK10 ? Last post on 9/14/10 at 11:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
I was in the market for a higher end 2.1 system when my search ended up at the Edifier website, I was impressed with the specs and decided to delve further, found a set at a nice price and pulled...
These are, without a doubt, the best In Ear Monitors that I own / have owned. Let me say that I purchased the pink color because it was far less expensive, less than $40. I purchased my pair from...
CK10 vs DBA-02?post #1 of 3012/5/10 at 12:06pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 3012/5/10 at 12:23pmpost #3 of 3012/5/10 at 12:27pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by mcnoiserdc
I did read it, and thats where I learned how similar they are. I am curious as to the differences in a direct comparison, and like I said, if the ck10s are worth the extra moneypost #4 of 3012/5/10 at 12:58pmpost #5 of 3012/5/10 at 3:10pmpost #6 of 3012/5/10 at 3:44pm
It depends. If sound is all that matters then they are very close where the extra amount the CK10 costs is not worth it. If you care about things such as build quality then maybe the CK10 would be worth it. The CK10 is the best built earphone I have owned and has beat just about every earphone I have auditioned with the exception of the CK100. The CK10 is built much better than the DBA-02. It also looks better imo. I liked the cable on the CK10 much better. If I were to choose between the CK10 or the DBA-02 I would pick the CK10 as the better package but I would know very well that the extra $100 is definitely not getting much return on your money compared to just buying a DBA-02.post #7 of 3012/5/10 at 3:56pm
I currently am trying out both the DBA-02 and CK10 (loaners) and personally like the DBA-02 more. The CK10 just sounds a bit too ethereal. There isn't that much bass impact and the highs are a bit more sibilant than the DBA-02. The DBA-02 sounds a little more natural (especially with bass) and the highs seem more airy and yet less "hot". Though the DBA-02 does exhibit some sibilance, it is less than the CK10. If I tried, I could probably EQ the CK10 to sound like the DBA-02 and vice-versa. So really, it should come down to whether the extra build quality is worth the extra money.post #8 of 3012/5/10 at 4:10pmThread Starterpost #9 of 3012/5/10 at 5:04pmpost #10 of 3012/5/10 at 9:06pmpost #11 of 3012/5/10 at 9:35pm
I'm having the same problem deciding. I'm leaning towards the CK10s but my big problem is that exact insertion and a perfect fit seems to be a big deal with the CK10s, where I don't hear nearly as many people complaining about with the DBA-02s. I have fairly large ears and I wouldn't be surprised if the CK10s fit poorly right out of the box. Is that something that can be corrected with the right tips, and if so which ones should I consider? Build quality and longevity is important to me, so the CK10s win out in that regard.
Edited by wompa164 - 12/5/10 at 10:23pmpost #12 of 3012/5/10 at 9:42pm
i don't get where people have a hard time fitting it in their ears. i guess i'm just lucky enough to have ears made for CK10s... like i listened to them for hours before falling asleep last night (Tori Amos.. wow) and i felt like she was whispering in my ears the whole time.post #13 of 3012/8/10 at 12:09pmpost #14 of 3012/8/10 at 3:00pm
from what i hear, the RE0 and the E7 are made for each other. it makes the things it does well even better, like highs, clarity, etc, and makes the things it doesn't do well, bass, etc. much much better.post #15 of 3012/8/10 at 3:39pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CK10 vs DBA-02?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread 49 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › The Ruizu X02 DAP appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio Conductor Virtuoso 5 minutes ago
- › FS: ZMF Master V1 one month old 5 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › Klipsch Image S4i II Black In-Ear Headphones with Microphone by laurentiusjan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)