has anyone done a comparison of these two? I know they are very similar and I've pretty much decided on getting one of the two, but the lack of direct comparison makes it hard... I'm specifically curious about things like bass impact, instrument separation, and whether or not the ck10's are really worth the roughly $100 more...
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/7/10
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 12/7/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/7/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- Ortofon eQ5 in review - possibly the last earphone a man (or woman) could ever want in his (or... Last post on 4/5/13 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's for Thrash Metal, maximum budget of £250, source iaudio9 Last post on 2/16/11 at 12:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thoughts on an upgrade to CK10 from q-JAYS Last post on 2/6/11 at 12:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM, mainly rock/metal ~$250-300 Last post on 10/1/10 at 11:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are replacement for ATH-CK10 ? Last post on 9/14/10 at 11:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
So, this is my firest review on Head-Fi. My name is Jonny, I'm 23. Masters student studying Future Design, I work part time in my local phone store and I've been in love with audio since I was...
I would like to thank Christian from plusSound for providing the X8 GPC in return for my honest opinion. Introduction PlusSound started making cables around 2012, and has consistently been...
I've recentlty bougth them for office. All i wanted was a pair of fairly decent cans within the budget ive prepaired for this occasion. Unboxing was a surprise, in the package we get a nice pair...
If you are a bass head and like still like to hear to rest of the music, then this Burson V4 could be for you. Charles at Burson had offered the V5 in exchange for a honest evaluation. I did...
Preamble: Founded just last year in 2015, ORIVETI (http://www.oriveti.com/) is still a new company on the market that is however not new to the audio business, having members in their...
CK10 vs DBA-02?post #1 of 3012/5/10 at 12:06pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 3012/5/10 at 12:23pmpost #3 of 3012/5/10 at 12:27pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by mcnoiserdc
I did read it, and thats where I learned how similar they are. I am curious as to the differences in a direct comparison, and like I said, if the ck10s are worth the extra moneypost #4 of 3012/5/10 at 12:58pmpost #5 of 3012/5/10 at 3:10pmpost #6 of 3012/5/10 at 3:44pm
It depends. If sound is all that matters then they are very close where the extra amount the CK10 costs is not worth it. If you care about things such as build quality then maybe the CK10 would be worth it. The CK10 is the best built earphone I have owned and has beat just about every earphone I have auditioned with the exception of the CK100. The CK10 is built much better than the DBA-02. It also looks better imo. I liked the cable on the CK10 much better. If I were to choose between the CK10 or the DBA-02 I would pick the CK10 as the better package but I would know very well that the extra $100 is definitely not getting much return on your money compared to just buying a DBA-02.post #7 of 3012/5/10 at 3:56pm
I currently am trying out both the DBA-02 and CK10 (loaners) and personally like the DBA-02 more. The CK10 just sounds a bit too ethereal. There isn't that much bass impact and the highs are a bit more sibilant than the DBA-02. The DBA-02 sounds a little more natural (especially with bass) and the highs seem more airy and yet less "hot". Though the DBA-02 does exhibit some sibilance, it is less than the CK10. If I tried, I could probably EQ the CK10 to sound like the DBA-02 and vice-versa. So really, it should come down to whether the extra build quality is worth the extra money.post #8 of 3012/5/10 at 4:10pmThread Starterpost #9 of 3012/5/10 at 5:04pmpost #10 of 3012/5/10 at 9:06pmpost #11 of 3012/5/10 at 9:35pm
I'm having the same problem deciding. I'm leaning towards the CK10s but my big problem is that exact insertion and a perfect fit seems to be a big deal with the CK10s, where I don't hear nearly as many people complaining about with the DBA-02s. I have fairly large ears and I wouldn't be surprised if the CK10s fit poorly right out of the box. Is that something that can be corrected with the right tips, and if so which ones should I consider? Build quality and longevity is important to me, so the CK10s win out in that regard.
Edited by wompa164 - 12/5/10 at 10:23pmpost #12 of 3012/5/10 at 9:42pm
i don't get where people have a hard time fitting it in their ears. i guess i'm just lucky enough to have ears made for CK10s... like i listened to them for hours before falling asleep last night (Tori Amos.. wow) and i felt like she was whispering in my ears the whole time.post #13 of 3012/8/10 at 12:09pmpost #14 of 3012/8/10 at 3:00pm
from what i hear, the RE0 and the E7 are made for each other. it makes the things it does well even better, like highs, clarity, etc, and makes the things it doesn't do well, bass, etc. much much better.post #15 of 3012/8/10 at 3:39pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CK10 vs DBA-02?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 7 seconds ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 27 seconds ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 1 minute ago
- › XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-7200 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSine 20 by AudioJunki3
- › PlusSound X8 IEM Cable by flinkenick
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by d1554573r
- › Supreme Sound Opamp V4 by snellemin
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by HiFiChris
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by cleg
- › Meze 11 Neo by mgunin
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear