has anyone done a comparison of these two? I know they are very similar and I've pretty much decided on getting one of the two, but the lack of direct comparison makes it hard... I'm specifically curious about things like bass impact, instrument separation, and whether or not the ck10's are really worth the roughly $100 more...
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/7/10
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 12/7/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/7/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- Ortofon eQ5 in review - possibly the last earphone a man (or woman) could ever want in his (or... Last post on 4/5/13 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's for Thrash Metal, maximum budget of £250, source iaudio9 Last post on 2/16/11 at 12:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thoughts on an upgrade to CK10 from q-JAYS Last post on 2/6/11 at 12:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM, mainly rock/metal ~$250-300 Last post on 10/1/10 at 11:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are replacement for ATH-CK10 ? Last post on 9/14/10 at 11:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
All instruments come to live with pm1, crystal clear and smooth at the same time. Pm1 made my Sennheiser hd650 and Grado reference 1 sound harsh and incomplete. I had some time to listen to hd800...
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I didn't really know about PaiAudio at all until very recently when I was approached by Alex Fan...
CK10 vs DBA-02?post #1 of 3012/5/10 at 12:06pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 3012/5/10 at 12:23pmpost #3 of 3012/5/10 at 12:27pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by mcnoiserdc
I did read it, and thats where I learned how similar they are. I am curious as to the differences in a direct comparison, and like I said, if the ck10s are worth the extra moneypost #4 of 3012/5/10 at 12:58pmpost #5 of 3012/5/10 at 3:10pmpost #6 of 3012/5/10 at 3:44pm
It depends. If sound is all that matters then they are very close where the extra amount the CK10 costs is not worth it. If you care about things such as build quality then maybe the CK10 would be worth it. The CK10 is the best built earphone I have owned and has beat just about every earphone I have auditioned with the exception of the CK100. The CK10 is built much better than the DBA-02. It also looks better imo. I liked the cable on the CK10 much better. If I were to choose between the CK10 or the DBA-02 I would pick the CK10 as the better package but I would know very well that the extra $100 is definitely not getting much return on your money compared to just buying a DBA-02.post #7 of 3012/5/10 at 3:56pm
I currently am trying out both the DBA-02 and CK10 (loaners) and personally like the DBA-02 more. The CK10 just sounds a bit too ethereal. There isn't that much bass impact and the highs are a bit more sibilant than the DBA-02. The DBA-02 sounds a little more natural (especially with bass) and the highs seem more airy and yet less "hot". Though the DBA-02 does exhibit some sibilance, it is less than the CK10. If I tried, I could probably EQ the CK10 to sound like the DBA-02 and vice-versa. So really, it should come down to whether the extra build quality is worth the extra money.post #8 of 3012/5/10 at 4:10pmThread Starterpost #9 of 3012/5/10 at 5:04pmpost #10 of 3012/5/10 at 9:06pmpost #11 of 3012/5/10 at 9:35pm
I'm having the same problem deciding. I'm leaning towards the CK10s but my big problem is that exact insertion and a perfect fit seems to be a big deal with the CK10s, where I don't hear nearly as many people complaining about with the DBA-02s. I have fairly large ears and I wouldn't be surprised if the CK10s fit poorly right out of the box. Is that something that can be corrected with the right tips, and if so which ones should I consider? Build quality and longevity is important to me, so the CK10s win out in that regard.
Edited by wompa164 - 12/5/10 at 10:23pmpost #12 of 3012/5/10 at 9:42pm
i don't get where people have a hard time fitting it in their ears. i guess i'm just lucky enough to have ears made for CK10s... like i listened to them for hours before falling asleep last night (Tori Amos.. wow) and i felt like she was whispering in my ears the whole time.post #13 of 3012/8/10 at 12:09pmpost #14 of 3012/8/10 at 3:00pm
from what i hear, the RE0 and the E7 are made for each other. it makes the things it does well even better, like highs, clarity, etc, and makes the things it doesn't do well, bass, etc. much much better.post #15 of 3012/8/10 at 3:39pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CK10 vs DBA-02?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Three Word Story just now
- › Does a better quality USB cable influence sound? 2 seconds ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 5 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 20 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 26 seconds ago
- › Star Citizen 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 5 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 6 minutes ago
- › The Best Headphones To Plug Directly Into Your Smart Phone. No DAC,... 7 minutes ago
- › Advanced Sound by Cinder
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sam 88
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...