Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beats Pro - Worth it for 50% off?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beats Pro - Worth it for 50% off? - Page 8

post #106 of 119


Ah! I stand corrected. Yes audition is the only way forward me thinks. That said, I hear lady Goo Goo wears the beats so if your looking for an endorsement look no further!!!

 

Originally Posted by Mariusz22 View Post


Again... you are referring to the inferior Studios.  These don't necessarily have "banging vibrating bass", no iPhone friendly cords, no amp or noise reduction, etc.  I agree with saying you have to audition, but just clarifying that these are different cans we are talking about.

 
post #107 of 119

-Make headphone with noise cancelling feature

-charge a mint for noise cancelling feature
-feature ruins music

-remove feature and charge more

-beats pro

post #108 of 119

At this point I've had the opportunity to audition all the various carnations of the Beats and I will say that the Beats Pro are the only ones that sound good to me.  I won't even say "good".  Dare I say great?  I think the Beats Pro are worthy of serious consideration if you've got the money to spend.  Perhaps over time they will earn the same amount of respect and admiration as the Turbines, but in the interim I feel as though the Pros were unfairly placed into the "garbage" category without much consideration due to the fact that "Monster" and "Beats" are attached to the name.  I do feel that they are overpriced, so I will wait for the next deal to come around, but I would not discount the Beats Pro.  Price point and namesake aside, they are definitely in a different league than their brethren.    

post #109 of 119


As I was confused with the model, I can say that I have not listened to the pro's. I do agree and stand by the fact that the are WAAAYYYYY over priced though.

 

"how can you say that if you haven't heard them!" I hear you scream. Because I'm guessing they follow the trend of the rest of the gear that is also over priced. IMO

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFalcon View Post

At this point I've had the opportunity to audition all the various carnations of the Beats and I will say that the Beats Pro are the only ones that sound good to me.  I won't even say "good".  Dare I say great?  I think the Beats Pro are worthy of serious consideration if you've got the money to spend.  Perhaps over time they will earn the same amount of respect and admiration as the Turbines, but in the interim I feel as though the Pros were unfairly placed into the "garbage" category without much consideration due to the fact that "Monster" and "Beats" are attached to the name.  I do feel that they are overpriced, so I will wait for the next deal to come around, but I would not discount the Beats Pro.  Price point and namesake aside, they are definitely in a different league than their brethren.    

post #110 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsn90 View Post

I'm looking to get some new headphones, and I just found out that because of a deal that my company has with Monster, I get them 50% off. In other words, I could get the Beats Pro for $225.

 

I definitely wouldn't spend $450 on them... but $225 seems reasonable. I know the Beats get a lot of hate on these forums, but the main reason is price - so, if you could get the Beats Pro for $225, would you? Why or why not?


i have 1 set Beats Pro. (white)

headphone with wire only. very good condition. let me know if you still looking for it.
 

 

post #111 of 119

 

This is like the second thread you've necroed about Beats. Is Monster paying you?

post #112 of 119

I would not spend more than $50 on these headphones for my kids.

post #113 of 119

But you would also have to consider what the headphones are going to be used for, i see everyone here recommending all these open headphones that would probably require an amp.  The beats pro can be used portably without being amped and as long as theyre used for hiphop or house music i think theyll sound okay.

post #114 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by aljonn30 View Post

But you would also have to consider what the headphones are going to be used for, i see everyone here recommending all these open headphones that would probably require an amp.  The beats pro can be used portably without being amped and as long as theyre used for hiphop or house music i think theyll sound okay.



Have you considered the numerous threads discussing closed, portable headphones as cheaper alternatives to Beats?

post #115 of 119

ya i get that but the beats are well constructed and they dont sound too bad and i think its a decent price at 225 if you really like it

post #116 of 119

Uh huh. But that's a different argument from "everyone's recommending open headphones that need amping, so the Beats are better for portable use".

If you like the design, I guess there's no swaying the decision. If you like the sound...I remain unconvinced that you can't do better for cheaper on that front.

post #117 of 119

IMO at $225 you're wasting only half as much money.

post #118 of 119

If they are 75% off, i probably buy them. wink.gif

post #119 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundtech View Post

i have 1 set Beats Pro. (white)

headphone with wire only. very good condition. let me know if you still looking for it. 

 



We have separate forums for people looking to sell kit, and thread necrophilia is almost as uncool as the other variety.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beats Pro - Worth it for 50% off?