Someone remind me not to hold a garage sale if/when I grow old and go senile.
Related Forum Threads
- grado ps1- hp2 .... anything bettere around ? Last post on 1/24/12 at 2:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Exact size dimensions of the Grado HP-1000 (HP-2) Last post on 8/20/11 at 5:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fake Joe Grados? Last post on 8/20/11 at 5:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone ever get a killer deal on a set of headphones? if so where? Last post on 6/6/11 at 11:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- which Grado? Last post on 5/28/11 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Headphone Identity Crisis (help lol) - Page 5post #61 of 14511/9/10 at 2:33pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 14511/9/10 at 2:47pmpost #63 of 14511/9/10 at 3:01pmQuote:
If you're referring to me- yes, I was joking.
By the way, you should be happy for the OP. If an audiophile who already has amps and sources for them happened to be lucky like that, we would probably say that he doesn't deserve it(because he can afford it).
Edited by pcf - 11/9/10 at 3:18pmpost #64 of 14511/9/10 at 3:02pmQuote:
Like the way you spell "audiofile"post #65 of 14511/9/10 at 3:17pmpost #66 of 14511/9/10 at 9:35pmThread Starterpost #67 of 14511/9/10 at 9:40pm
People will suggest $1000 dollar amps and $1500 dollar DACs for such a high quality headphone.
Also, lock up that headphone. I'm coming to take it.
I also get the impression that I'm being trolled. But I don't care.post #68 of 14511/9/10 at 9:41pm
ummmm, yeah. playing out of an ipod nano isnt the best way to go with these headphones. you should get a new source first and foremost IMO. how much are you willing to invest in these headphones?post #69 of 14511/9/10 at 9:45pm
don't worry,your gear is just fine
you can grow slowly. ipod is average,it is not bad at all
all you have to do is to plan your next gear
probably a new portable player like Hippo Gumstick (with class A amp that should last you pretty long)
later grow your headphones with good amps (solid state or tubes according to your taste)
enjoy your luxurious headphonespost #70 of 14511/9/10 at 9:45pmQuote:
Oh wow. Judging by the rolled corners I assume thats a Nano 1G? I would invest in an amp and a LO connector if you are sticking w/ Apple. Consider maybe an iPod 5.5, iPhone 4, Nano 6G if the Nano 1G isn't up to the task for you as a source. For amps I recommend the CMoy BB for $65, iBasso T3 for $120, Arrow 12HE 2G for $265, Meier Stepdance for $370 or a Pico slim/DAC or TTVJ slim/DAC combo.post #71 of 14511/9/10 at 9:46pmThread Starterpost #72 of 14511/9/10 at 9:48pmpost #73 of 14511/9/10 at 9:52pm
yeah, the HP2's would sound better with better source and amp because they are very transparent and revealing. But I would take an ipod->HP2 rig over a lot of other rigs, so it's still not a waste if the OP likes the sound.
I do think that it would be cool if you took the HP2's to Guitar Center or something and compared them to other headphones just so you know what you've got there.post #74 of 14511/9/10 at 10:02pm
- Headphone Identity Crisis (help lol)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 12 seconds ago
- › Meridian Sale and the Tchaik6! 18 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40x: The Little Brother that Could 23 seconds ago
- › Having hard time choosing Sony A35, A25 or ZX2 33 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser PXC 550 Discussion and Reviews 43 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - CES Launch Extravaganza 1 minute ago
- › Toronto GTA Meet January 2017 with Cayin! 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 1 minute ago
- › Help me setup my perfect audio setup. Getting a pair of closed,... 2 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear