Someone remind me not to hold a garage sale if/when I grow old and go senile.
Related Forum Threads
- grado ps1- hp2 .... anything bettere around ? Last post on 1/24/12 at 2:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Exact size dimensions of the Grado HP-1000 (HP-2) Last post on 8/20/11 at 5:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fake Joe Grados? Last post on 8/20/11 at 5:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone ever get a killer deal on a set of headphones? if so where? Last post on 6/6/11 at 11:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- which Grado? Last post on 5/28/11 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
Headphone Identity Crisis (help lol) - Page 5post #61 of 14511/9/10 at 2:33pmpost #62 of 14511/9/10 at 2:47pmpost #63 of 14511/9/10 at 3:01pmQuote:
If you're referring to me- yes, I was joking.
By the way, you should be happy for the OP. If an audiophile who already has amps and sources for them happened to be lucky like that, we would probably say that he doesn't deserve it(because he can afford it).
Edited by pcf - 11/9/10 at 3:18pmpost #64 of 14511/9/10 at 3:02pmQuote:
Like the way you spell "audiofile"post #65 of 14511/9/10 at 3:17pmpost #66 of 14511/9/10 at 9:35pmThread Starterpost #67 of 14511/9/10 at 9:40pm
People will suggest $1000 dollar amps and $1500 dollar DACs for such a high quality headphone.
Also, lock up that headphone. I'm coming to take it.
I also get the impression that I'm being trolled. But I don't care.post #68 of 14511/9/10 at 9:41pm
ummmm, yeah. playing out of an ipod nano isnt the best way to go with these headphones. you should get a new source first and foremost IMO. how much are you willing to invest in these headphones?post #69 of 14511/9/10 at 9:45pm
don't worry,your gear is just fine
you can grow slowly. ipod is average,it is not bad at all
all you have to do is to plan your next gear
probably a new portable player like Hippo Gumstick (with class A amp that should last you pretty long)
later grow your headphones with good amps (solid state or tubes according to your taste)
enjoy your luxurious headphonespost #70 of 14511/9/10 at 9:45pmQuote:
Oh wow. Judging by the rolled corners I assume thats a Nano 1G? I would invest in an amp and a LO connector if you are sticking w/ Apple. Consider maybe an iPod 5.5, iPhone 4, Nano 6G if the Nano 1G isn't up to the task for you as a source. For amps I recommend the CMoy BB for $65, iBasso T3 for $120, Arrow 12HE 2G for $265, Meier Stepdance for $370 or a Pico slim/DAC or TTVJ slim/DAC combo.post #71 of 14511/9/10 at 9:46pmThread Starterpost #72 of 14511/9/10 at 9:48pmpost #73 of 14511/9/10 at 9:52pm
yeah, the HP2's would sound better with better source and amp because they are very transparent and revealing. But I would take an ipod->HP2 rig over a lot of other rigs, so it's still not a waste if the OP likes the sound.
I do think that it would be cool if you took the HP2's to Guitar Center or something and compared them to other headphones just so you know what you've got there.post #74 of 14511/9/10 at 10:02pm
- Headphone Identity Crisis (help lol)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sound quality difference between iCan Nano and iCan Micro??? 27 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 31 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 41 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 2 minutes ago
- › My Schiit Modi Has Been Possessed by an RF Ghoul 2 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Double Amping 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)