Someone remind me not to hold a garage sale if/when I grow old and go senile.
Related Forum Threads
- grado ps1- hp2 .... anything bettere around ? Last post on 1/24/12 at 2:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Exact size dimensions of the Grado HP-1000 (HP-2) Last post on 8/20/11 at 5:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fake Joe Grados? Last post on 8/20/11 at 5:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone ever get a killer deal on a set of headphones? if so where? Last post on 6/6/11 at 11:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- which Grado? Last post on 5/28/11 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
Headphone Identity Crisis (help lol) - Page 5post #61 of 14511/9/10 at 2:33pmpost #62 of 14511/9/10 at 2:47pmpost #63 of 14511/9/10 at 3:01pmQuote:
If you're referring to me- yes, I was joking.
By the way, you should be happy for the OP. If an audiophile who already has amps and sources for them happened to be lucky like that, we would probably say that he doesn't deserve it(because he can afford it).
Edited by pcf - 11/9/10 at 3:18pmpost #64 of 14511/9/10 at 3:02pmQuote:
Like the way you spell "audiofile"post #65 of 14511/9/10 at 3:17pmpost #66 of 14511/9/10 at 9:35pmThread Starterpost #67 of 14511/9/10 at 9:40pm
People will suggest $1000 dollar amps and $1500 dollar DACs for such a high quality headphone.
Also, lock up that headphone. I'm coming to take it.
I also get the impression that I'm being trolled. But I don't care.post #68 of 14511/9/10 at 9:41pm
ummmm, yeah. playing out of an ipod nano isnt the best way to go with these headphones. you should get a new source first and foremost IMO. how much are you willing to invest in these headphones?post #69 of 14511/9/10 at 9:45pm
don't worry,your gear is just fine
you can grow slowly. ipod is average,it is not bad at all
all you have to do is to plan your next gear
probably a new portable player like Hippo Gumstick (with class A amp that should last you pretty long)
later grow your headphones with good amps (solid state or tubes according to your taste)
enjoy your luxurious headphonespost #70 of 14511/9/10 at 9:45pmQuote:
Oh wow. Judging by the rolled corners I assume thats a Nano 1G? I would invest in an amp and a LO connector if you are sticking w/ Apple. Consider maybe an iPod 5.5, iPhone 4, Nano 6G if the Nano 1G isn't up to the task for you as a source. For amps I recommend the CMoy BB for $65, iBasso T3 for $120, Arrow 12HE 2G for $265, Meier Stepdance for $370 or a Pico slim/DAC or TTVJ slim/DAC combo.post #71 of 14511/9/10 at 9:46pmThread Starterpost #72 of 14511/9/10 at 9:48pmpost #73 of 14511/9/10 at 9:52pm
yeah, the HP2's would sound better with better source and amp because they are very transparent and revealing. But I would take an ipod->HP2 rig over a lot of other rigs, so it's still not a waste if the OP likes the sound.
I do think that it would be cool if you took the HP2's to Guitar Center or something and compared them to other headphones just so you know what you've got there.post #74 of 14511/9/10 at 10:02pm
- Headphone Identity Crisis (help lol)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 25 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 26 seconds ago
- › DT 990 driver repair 31 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 34 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 37 seconds ago
- › Replacement cable for V-MODA M100 2 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 2 minutes ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 2 minutes ago
- › Trying to find the perfect over-ear headphones to invest in 3 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)