Someone remind me not to hold a garage sale if/when I grow old and go senile.
Related Forum Threads
- grado ps1- hp2 .... anything bettere around ? Last post on 1/24/12 at 2:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Exact size dimensions of the Grado HP-1000 (HP-2) Last post on 8/20/11 at 5:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fake Joe Grados? Last post on 8/20/11 at 5:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone ever get a killer deal on a set of headphones? if so where? Last post on 6/6/11 at 11:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- which Grado? Last post on 5/28/11 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Build and Usage: Good looking, very nice feeling player, it looks like a really sold build and it's all metal construction. Not much to say about it, you can check pictures. I wasn't satisfied...
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
Headphone Identity Crisis (help lol) - Page 5post #61 of 14511/9/10 at 2:33pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 14511/9/10 at 2:47pmpost #63 of 14511/9/10 at 3:01pmQuote:
If you're referring to me- yes, I was joking.
By the way, you should be happy for the OP. If an audiophile who already has amps and sources for them happened to be lucky like that, we would probably say that he doesn't deserve it(because he can afford it).
Edited by pcf - 11/9/10 at 3:18pmpost #64 of 14511/9/10 at 3:02pmQuote:
Like the way you spell "audiofile"post #65 of 14511/9/10 at 3:17pmpost #66 of 14511/9/10 at 9:35pmThread Starterpost #67 of 14511/9/10 at 9:40pm
People will suggest $1000 dollar amps and $1500 dollar DACs for such a high quality headphone.
Also, lock up that headphone. I'm coming to take it.
I also get the impression that I'm being trolled. But I don't care.post #68 of 14511/9/10 at 9:41pm
ummmm, yeah. playing out of an ipod nano isnt the best way to go with these headphones. you should get a new source first and foremost IMO. how much are you willing to invest in these headphones?post #69 of 14511/9/10 at 9:45pm
don't worry,your gear is just fine
you can grow slowly. ipod is average,it is not bad at all
all you have to do is to plan your next gear
probably a new portable player like Hippo Gumstick (with class A amp that should last you pretty long)
later grow your headphones with good amps (solid state or tubes according to your taste)
enjoy your luxurious headphonespost #70 of 14511/9/10 at 9:45pmQuote:
Oh wow. Judging by the rolled corners I assume thats a Nano 1G? I would invest in an amp and a LO connector if you are sticking w/ Apple. Consider maybe an iPod 5.5, iPhone 4, Nano 6G if the Nano 1G isn't up to the task for you as a source. For amps I recommend the CMoy BB for $65, iBasso T3 for $120, Arrow 12HE 2G for $265, Meier Stepdance for $370 or a Pico slim/DAC or TTVJ slim/DAC combo.post #71 of 14511/9/10 at 9:46pmThread Starterpost #72 of 14511/9/10 at 9:48pmpost #73 of 14511/9/10 at 9:52pm
yeah, the HP2's would sound better with better source and amp because they are very transparent and revealing. But I would take an ipod->HP2 rig over a lot of other rigs, so it's still not a waste if the OP likes the sound.
I do think that it would be cool if you took the HP2's to Guitar Center or something and compared them to other headphones just so you know what you've got there.post #74 of 14511/9/10 at 10:02pm
- Headphone Identity Crisis (help lol)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › How Do I Measure/Calculate Max Output Power From An Amp? 1 second ago
- › AUDEZE EL8 OPEN BACKS 43 seconds ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › Objectivists board room 1 minute ago
- › Unmodded teradak v3.1d vs modded dac-ah 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 3 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-A15 vs FiiO X1 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable... by Tail
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2