Someone remind me not to hold a garage sale if/when I grow old and go senile.
Related Forum Threads
- grado ps1- hp2 .... anything bettere around ? Last post on 1/24/12 at 2:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Exact size dimensions of the Grado HP-1000 (HP-2) Last post on 8/20/11 at 5:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fake Joe Grados? Last post on 8/20/11 at 5:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone ever get a killer deal on a set of headphones? if so where? Last post on 6/6/11 at 11:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- which Grado? Last post on 5/28/11 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I said DON'T TALK !!
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Headphone Identity Crisis (help lol) - Page 5post #61 of 14511/9/10 at 2:33pmpost #62 of 14511/9/10 at 2:47pmpost #63 of 14511/9/10 at 3:01pmQuote:
If you're referring to me- yes, I was joking.
By the way, you should be happy for the OP. If an audiophile who already has amps and sources for them happened to be lucky like that, we would probably say that he doesn't deserve it(because he can afford it).
Edited by pcf - 11/9/10 at 3:18pmpost #64 of 14511/9/10 at 3:02pmQuote:
Like the way you spell "audiofile"post #65 of 14511/9/10 at 3:17pmpost #66 of 14511/9/10 at 9:35pmThread Starterpost #67 of 14511/9/10 at 9:40pm
People will suggest $1000 dollar amps and $1500 dollar DACs for such a high quality headphone.
Also, lock up that headphone. I'm coming to take it.
I also get the impression that I'm being trolled. But I don't care.post #68 of 14511/9/10 at 9:41pm
ummmm, yeah. playing out of an ipod nano isnt the best way to go with these headphones. you should get a new source first and foremost IMO. how much are you willing to invest in these headphones?post #69 of 14511/9/10 at 9:45pm
don't worry,your gear is just fine
you can grow slowly. ipod is average,it is not bad at all
all you have to do is to plan your next gear
probably a new portable player like Hippo Gumstick (with class A amp that should last you pretty long)
later grow your headphones with good amps (solid state or tubes according to your taste)
enjoy your luxurious headphonespost #70 of 14511/9/10 at 9:45pmQuote:
Oh wow. Judging by the rolled corners I assume thats a Nano 1G? I would invest in an amp and a LO connector if you are sticking w/ Apple. Consider maybe an iPod 5.5, iPhone 4, Nano 6G if the Nano 1G isn't up to the task for you as a source. For amps I recommend the CMoy BB for $65, iBasso T3 for $120, Arrow 12HE 2G for $265, Meier Stepdance for $370 or a Pico slim/DAC or TTVJ slim/DAC combo.post #71 of 14511/9/10 at 9:46pmThread Starterpost #72 of 14511/9/10 at 9:48pmpost #73 of 14511/9/10 at 9:52pm
yeah, the HP2's would sound better with better source and amp because they are very transparent and revealing. But I would take an ipod->HP2 rig over a lot of other rigs, so it's still not a waste if the OP likes the sound.
I do think that it would be cool if you took the HP2's to Guitar Center or something and compared them to other headphones just so you know what you've got there.post #74 of 14511/9/10 at 10:02pm
- Headphone Identity Crisis (help lol)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 30 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions & Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ASUS Xonar DSX - surroud through optical out help 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › It's June 2014 and I am waiting for OPPO PM-2 Availability 6 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)