Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More - Page 110

post #1636 of 1660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaker View Post
 

Do you think the dt-770 250's and the dt-990 250's sound signatures are different enough to warrant owning them both? Looking for something with a bit more bass punch, something more fun to switch with every once in a while.

Currently own the 770s and Magni/Modi stack

 

I would say to buy the Dt990 Pro 250-Ohm headphones and sell off the DT770s.

Unless you need to block outside noise or keep others from hearing the audio coming from your headphones, I think you will end up just using the DT990s.

post #1637 of 1660

I don't think the 990 has any more punch than the 770.

 

Maybe save up a bit more and buy a used T5/T70/T90/etc?

post #1638 of 1660

I'll look into the t70/t90. Any experience on the HE-400s?


Edited by Breaker - 7/1/14 at 2:59pm
post #1639 of 1660

The HE-400 has pretty good bass, but the midrange feels a bit sucked out. I guess you could say it feels a bit similar to the DT990 in the regard.

post #1640 of 1660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post
 

The HE-400 has pretty good bass, but the midrange feels a bit sucked out. I guess you could say it feels a bit similar to the DT990 in the regard.

Anything in the sub $350 range that has a similar sound signature to the 770s with a neutral mid range and a tighter/more impact-full bass? I don't necessarily need forward mids but I don't want them to be distant either

post #1641 of 1660

Nothing that immediately comes to mind... the Philips Fidelio X1 sorta maybe, though it's more of a lush tone.

post #1642 of 1660

How about HD600? They have tight bass and they produce the perfect bass for me. Fidelio X1 considered as a bassy headphone for me. But I love the balance sound. Just like Amperior, more power in bass without sacrifice mids and high.

post #1643 of 1660
Quote:
Originally Posted by diaBoliQu3 View Post
 

How about HD600? They have tight bass and they produce the perfect bass for me. Fidelio X1 considered as a bassy headphone for me. But I love the balance sound. Just like Amperior, more power in bass without sacrifice mids and high.

I don't like on ears and I have mixed feelings in regards to what I've heard about the X1s. I've been considering the HD600s as well, I'd like to somehow demo the HD600s and the HE-400s with the hybrid pads

post #1644 of 1660

I'm looking for a complete opposite of the DT-770 Pro 80ohm. Thinking about the AD-500x


Edited by Supertoaster - 8/29/14 at 4:30pm
post #1645 of 1660

I haven't heard the 500x specifically, but I think anything in the open backed ATH series will fit your criteria.

post #1646 of 1660

Sorry guys I do not want to read through the whole Tread because it is too much. I want to buy headphones DT series that would be suitable for electronic music, with as many bass as possible.

THNX

post #1647 of 1660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slovenek View Post
 

Sorry guys I do not want to read through the whole Tread because it is too much. I want to buy headphones DT series that would be suitable for electronic music, with as many bass as possible.

THNX

 

Open: DT990

Closed: DT770 (80 ohm)

post #1648 of 1660
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnottj View Post
 

 

Open: DT990

Closed: DT770 (80 ohm)

 
beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition, 600 Ohm
 
beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition, 32 Ohm
 
beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition, 250 Ohm
 
beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO
 
Are there any differences between them other than resistance? Maybe more bass?

Edited by Slovenek - 9/29/14 at 11:46am
post #1649 of 1660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slovenek View Post
 
 
beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition, 600 Ohm
 
beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition, 32 Ohm
 
beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition, 250 Ohm
 
beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO
 
Are there any differences between them other than resistance? Maybe more bass?

 

I believe the Pro model has a tighter clamp which results in slightly more bass.

 

In theory, the 3 Edition versions of the should sound the same (according to Beyerdynamic) People have reported differences, though. I recommed reading the very first post of this thread (by ZombieX) as it details some potential differences between the various models.

post #1650 of 1660
Just got a new DT990 250OHM how long would it take to burn in?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More