New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

To good to be true?

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 

Hi!

 

I was wondering if this seller on ebay is "to good to be true" (concerning Monster headphones)?

 

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/pcgamerstar/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

 

 

I actually bought a pair of Coppers yesterday but then getting scared and asked the dealer if I could chancel the deal befor he ships them. Seemed no problem to him, he fully refunded the money. But he still guarateed me they are real.

 

What do you think? Is it generally possible he can sell that cheap?

 

Cheers!

 

 

hanes

post #2 of 17

Unless stolen, definitely too good to be true. I would stay away to be quite frank. I myself want a pair of Pro Coppers/Golds but wouldn't even consider buying a pair for only £99.99. That is £150 pounds off of the RRP. Up to you though :)

post #3 of 17
Thread Starter 

Thanks for the reply. Well, I thought the same way. But now I talked to the seller again and he promises me, I can send the phones back if I get the impression they are not real. Also that he offers a one year warranty (not the original Monster warranty though). He is on Ebay since several years and his feedback seems to be alright. He replies to questions immediately. You can pay via Paypal so you can get your money back anyway.

That sounds pretty alright, doesn t it? But still to good to be true... 

Should I take the risk and give it a try? 

 

What do the others think?

post #4 of 17

i would take the risk.

 

do this test

 

if you decided to buy it NOW and he said that it was sold and no other items were left , how would YOU feel ?

 

if you feel bummed,buy them.if not,leave them.

 

 

still an 75% discount is.....wow.

 

 

probably fake though...see this

 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/472323/fake-monster-turbine-s


Edited by proedros - 9/4/10 at 5:18am
post #5 of 17

Despite what I said earlier, I actually just purchased a pair of coppers from a seller on eBay. He currently has some gold's more coppers if you fancy a ganders. I have no affiliation to him in any way. But I got them for £67.06 (bidding) I asked him if they were genuine and how he let them go so cheap and he said that he bought the stock from a bankrupt company in Manchester. He also noted that he was expecting and hoping for a bit more than £67.06 and his feedback seems pretty rock solid. So they sound pretty real to be honest. 

 

Here are his items if you want to take a look http://bit.ly/9za7y5 :)


Edited by Apple254 - 9/4/10 at 5:40am
post #6 of 17

Sometimes you gotta bite a bullet. Since its heavily discounted,why not?

post #7 of 17


Mmmmmm, why does it take 5 - 10 days for delivery to Uk if the item is already in Leicester?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanes View Post

Hi!

 

I was wondering if this seller on ebay is "to good to be true" (concerning Monster headphones)?

 

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/pcgamerstar/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

 

 

I actually bought a pair of Coppers yesterday but then getting scared and asked the dealer if I could chancel the deal befor he ships them. Seemed no problem to him, he fully refunded the money. But he still guarateed me they are real.

 

What do you think? Is it generally possible he can sell that cheap?

 

Cheers!

 

 

hanes

post #8 of 17



cos they fake them to order?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaeO View Post


Mmmmmm, why does it take 5 - 10 days for delivery to Uk if the item is already in Leicester?
 


 
post #9 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyboy71 View Post



cos they fake them to order?

 

 


 

Actually he told me that they get "dispached in China" - which is suspicious.  
 

post #10 of 17



For sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanes View Post



Actually he told me that they get "dispached in China" - which is suspicious.  
 

post #11 of 17
Thread Starter 

Hey Apple254! Thanx for the hint! Actually I got the Coppers from the same dealer as you said for 105 now!

Since he offered the original lifetime-warranty, I thought I am going to give it a try. 

In addidtion to that, you can pay with Paypal - which means you can get your money back if the item is not as described.  

I remain sceptical, though. Please let me know when you get yours! Let`s hope that was a lucky deal!

 

cheers

 

hanes 

post #12 of 17
Thread Starter 

OK, now I know for sure that the first dealer is definitely a fake.

Within one day he stopped selling ANY article (and he offered a lot)!

It`s actually a miracle that I got my money back for the cancelled deal.

But I am wondering if this is part of some kind of system that these people use. I think it is important that they get a lot of positive feedback from many people ( he reminded me on giving him positive feedback even though our deal was cancelled). 

After having a look at what he has sold before, I realized that it was only really cheap stuff (DVDs, computer software etc.). Never any headphones. I think they might sell cheap stuff for about a year or so and THEN make only a few fake deals. And then they disappear for a while. If you create a lot of similar accounts on Ebay, only a few fake deals per account bring in the money.

I am wondering if there is even a way to get over the Paypal Buyer Protection like this.

 

By the way, I found some suspicious things about the other seller, too (the one that Apple254 recommended).

 

- He sells "Toy Watches" that usually cost about 150£ for about one third of this price. He even sometimes buys them by himself for similar prices (??!!!)

- Some of his buyers used wrong German to give him feedback. I know for sure because I am German. And you know what? He used wrong German to communicate with me, too (though I

  wrote in English). To me, this makes the impression that he and his former buyers are the same person. He might have tried to pretend that he has international (German) customers and that

  they give him positive feedback. Why should either a "real" German or an English customer use wrong German to give an English seller feedback? That stinks.  

 

- Under his "Turbine Gold" offer he wrote: "These are Copper, not Gold..."But the  picture of the original item shows clearly the case of the "Gold" headphones. For his Copper auction he does 

  not use original pictures. A bit strange, isn t it? 

 

Also, I am wondering about his warranty statement:

He offers the "lifetime" warranty and says, you can either send the headphone straight back to Monster (using the serial number) or he will do it for you within the first year. I am just wondering: Is just the serial number enough to send it back (either for him or yourself?). Or do you need a bill from an authorized dealer, too? Because I guess he as an Ebay seller (who says that he got the phones from a bankrupt company) is not authorized, right? Does anybody who has ever used the Monster warranty know more? Thank you!

 

 

Well, I am really wondering if I should cancel the second deal, too....

What do you think?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #13 of 17

Why would you take the risk when there are so many 'red flags'?  If you are willing to wait a little while legitimate deals will pop-up.

post #14 of 17

Yeah I see what you're saying Hanes but to be honest, I am gonna risk it. Its 50/50, I could get the best deal of my life, or I could return them to him and get my money back, meaning all I lose is my postage costs. But ya know, maybe he is just an idiot and thinks he can speak German when he can't. On the note of the photo being for the gold's, he did say to me that he had a batch of both golds and coppers and took just one picture for all of them (kind of understandable for someone that doesn't know anything about earphones or headphones which is what he told me) So yeah, I will be keeping my order, if they're real, absolutely wonderful, if they are fake, I will be sending them right back. One thing though, apparently the Monster warranty is literally no questions asked. So as long as you have a serial number that they can confirm is real, I would hope it is okay :)

post #15 of 17


You'll have to let us know how you get on with them when they arrive.  There are threads about determining whether they are fakes or not.  I hope they aren't (as I may pick some up too )
 

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple254 View Post

Yeah I see what you're saying Hanes but to be honest, I am gonna risk it. Its 50/50, I could get the best deal of my life, or I could return them to him and get my money back, meaning all I lose is my postage costs. But ya know, maybe he is just an idiot and thinks he can speak German when he can't. On the note of the photo being for the gold's, he did say to me that he had a batch of both golds and coppers and took just one picture for all of them (kind of understandable for someone that doesn't know anything about earphones or headphones which is what he told me) So yeah, I will be keeping my order, if they're real, absolutely wonderful, if they are fake, I will be sending them right back. One thing though, apparently the Monster warranty is literally no questions asked. So as long as you have a serial number that they can confirm is real, I would hope it is okay :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: