Thanks for the work, John.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCambridge - Dac Magic - Digital to Analog Convertertagged by System, 8/17/10
- categoryDACstagged by System, 8/17/10
- productHeadAmp pico Upsampling USB DACtagged by System, 9/19/12
- productHeadAmp pico USB DAC/Amptagged by System, 9/19/12
- brandNuForcetagged by System, 8/17/10
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 8/17/10
- topicUsb Audiotagged by System, 8/17/10
Related Forum Threads
- Pico Upsampling USB DAC: Weekend + Cyber Monday Sale (Nov 27-29 only) Last post on 9/20/13 at 8:15am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- USB DAC recommendation???? Last post on 6/13/12 at 8:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- Android phones and USB DACs Last post on Yesterday at 1:22 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Buying Advice: MacBook Pro + USB DAC+ DarkVoice 336C => HD 650 Last post on 2/16/13 at 9:52am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Impressions/Opinions on HRT Music Streamer II + needed Last post on 1/3/14 at 10:30am in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Acknowledgment It’s always a privilege to check out new gear in exchange for your honest opinion. Thanks, iFi, for letting me in on this particular party. I’ve been borrowing this unit...
Introduction I have recently had the good fortune to review 1More’s excellent Triple Driver 1001 In Ear Monitors and their MK802 Bluetooth full-sized headphone and was left extremely impressed...
As the rabbit hole of summit-fi in-ear monitors gets deeper and deeper, I find myself encountering the same issues over and over. Most of the high end multiple armature driver in-ear monitors in...
List of DACs that work with iPad - Page 2post #16 of 9479/2/10 at 9:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 9479/2/10 at 10:05pmpost #18 of 9479/3/10 at 6:31pmThread Starter
It was suggested that they plan to support 24-bit in the future, so maybe with the 4.2 update in November. *fingers crossed*
I haven't see anything, but seems like USB 1.x should be OK.
-johnpost #19 of 9479/10/10 at 6:54ampost #20 of 9479/15/10 at 12:43ampost #21 of 9479/29/10 at 11:22pmpost #22 of 9479/30/10 at 3:12ampost #23 of 94710/6/10 at 3:22am
I think the Hot Audio DAC Extasy may work, as I got the "not enough power" message as well with my DAC Straight and DAC Wow at first. Then I found that if I plugged the USB cable into the DAC and the Camera Kit first and then plugged the Camera Kit into the iPad, I did not get the message that way and they both powered up and worked just fine.post #24 of 94710/6/10 at 3:28ampost #25 of 94710/6/10 at 4:11ampost #26 of 94710/7/10 at 8:10am
I can confirm that both the firestone Libby (headphone amp) and Rubby (power amp) and DAC (optical/USB/COAX/XLR) work with the iPad. I've been using both with USB to very good effect.post #27 of 94710/7/10 at 8:11am
Yes, just plug it into a powered USB-hub and it will work. I do this with the DACPort.
post #28 of 94710/7/10 at 9:20amThread Starter
Sorry for the delay, been busy and haven't visited the board in a bit. I've added the updates.
Another tidbit. I have a friend who is registered as an iPhone developer. He tried iOS 4.2 beta on an old 3GS, and confirmed it still does NOT work with USB sound.
-johnpost #29 of 94710/7/10 at 5:37pm
- List of DACs that work with iPad
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 44 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free 1 minute ago
- › Sony ZX-2 w/extras - excellent condition 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 3 minutes ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › FS: NuForce HEM8 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › New Pioneer XDP-300R - 2xES9018K2M, Balanced, Android 5.1. 2x... 4 minutes ago
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear