Thanks for the work, John.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCambridge - Dac Magic - Digital to Analog Convertertagged by System, 8/17/10
- categoryDACstagged by System, 8/17/10
- productHeadAmp pico Upsampling USB DACtagged by System, 9/19/12
- productHeadAmp pico USB DAC/Amptagged by System, 9/19/12
- brandNuForcetagged by System, 8/17/10
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 8/17/10
- topicUsb Audiotagged by System, 8/17/10
Related Forum Threads
- Pico Upsampling USB DAC: Weekend + Cyber Monday Sale (Nov 27-29 only) Last post on 9/20/13 at 8:15am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- USB DAC recommendation???? Last post on 6/13/12 at 8:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- Android phones and USB DACs Last post on Today at 2:53 am in Portable Source Gear
- Buying Advice: MacBook Pro + USB DAC+ DarkVoice 336C => HD 650 Last post on 2/16/13 at 9:52am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Impressions/Opinions on HRT Music Streamer II + needed Last post on 1/3/14 at 10:30am in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
List of DACs that work with iPad - Page 2post #16 of 9479/2/10 at 9:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 9479/2/10 at 10:05pmpost #18 of 9479/3/10 at 6:31pmThread Starter
It was suggested that they plan to support 24-bit in the future, so maybe with the 4.2 update in November. *fingers crossed*
I haven't see anything, but seems like USB 1.x should be OK.
-johnpost #19 of 9479/10/10 at 6:54ampost #20 of 9479/15/10 at 12:43ampost #21 of 9479/29/10 at 11:22pmpost #22 of 9479/30/10 at 3:12ampost #23 of 94710/6/10 at 3:22am
I think the Hot Audio DAC Extasy may work, as I got the "not enough power" message as well with my DAC Straight and DAC Wow at first. Then I found that if I plugged the USB cable into the DAC and the Camera Kit first and then plugged the Camera Kit into the iPad, I did not get the message that way and they both powered up and worked just fine.post #24 of 94710/6/10 at 3:28ampost #25 of 94710/6/10 at 4:11ampost #26 of 94710/7/10 at 8:10am
I can confirm that both the firestone Libby (headphone amp) and Rubby (power amp) and DAC (optical/USB/COAX/XLR) work with the iPad. I've been using both with USB to very good effect.post #27 of 94710/7/10 at 8:11am
Yes, just plug it into a powered USB-hub and it will work. I do this with the DACPort.
post #28 of 94710/7/10 at 9:20amThread Starter
Sorry for the delay, been busy and haven't visited the board in a bit. I've added the updates.
Another tidbit. I have a friend who is registered as an iPhone developer. He tried iOS 4.2 beta on an old 3GS, and confirmed it still does NOT work with USB sound.
-johnpost #29 of 94710/7/10 at 5:37pm
- List of DACs that work with iPad
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Does Large Soundstage in Headphones Makes Music Less Musical or... 53 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard 2, Bifrost Multibit, PYST RCA and USB cables 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Brainwavz B200 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear