Thanks for the work, John.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCambridge - Dac Magic - Digital to Analog Convertertagged by System, 8/17/10
- categoryDACstagged by System, 8/17/10
- productHeadAmp pico Upsampling USB DACtagged by System, 9/19/12
- productHeadAmp pico USB DAC/Amptagged by System, 9/19/12
- brandNuForcetagged by System, 8/17/10
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 8/17/10
- topicUsb Audiotagged by System, 8/17/10
Related Forum Threads
- Pico Upsampling USB DAC: Weekend + Cyber Monday Sale (Nov 27-29 only) Last post on 9/20/13 at 8:15am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- USB DAC recommendation???? Last post on 6/13/12 at 8:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- Android phones and USB DACs Last post on Yesterday at 1:03 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Buying Advice: MacBook Pro + USB DAC+ DarkVoice 336C => HD 650 Last post on 2/16/13 at 9:52am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Impressions/Opinions on HRT Music Streamer II + needed Last post on 1/3/14 at 10:30am in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
List of DACs that work with iPad - Page 2post #16 of 9479/2/10 at 9:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 9479/2/10 at 10:05pmpost #18 of 9479/3/10 at 6:31pmThread Starter
It was suggested that they plan to support 24-bit in the future, so maybe with the 4.2 update in November. *fingers crossed*
I haven't see anything, but seems like USB 1.x should be OK.
-johnpost #19 of 9479/10/10 at 6:54ampost #20 of 9479/15/10 at 12:43ampost #21 of 9479/29/10 at 11:22pmpost #22 of 9479/30/10 at 3:12ampost #23 of 94710/6/10 at 3:22am
I think the Hot Audio DAC Extasy may work, as I got the "not enough power" message as well with my DAC Straight and DAC Wow at first. Then I found that if I plugged the USB cable into the DAC and the Camera Kit first and then plugged the Camera Kit into the iPad, I did not get the message that way and they both powered up and worked just fine.post #24 of 94710/6/10 at 3:28ampost #25 of 94710/6/10 at 4:11ampost #26 of 94710/7/10 at 8:10am
I can confirm that both the firestone Libby (headphone amp) and Rubby (power amp) and DAC (optical/USB/COAX/XLR) work with the iPad. I've been using both with USB to very good effect.post #27 of 94710/7/10 at 8:11am
Yes, just plug it into a powered USB-hub and it will work. I do this with the DACPort.
post #28 of 94710/7/10 at 9:20amThread Starter
Sorry for the delay, been busy and haven't visited the board in a bit. I've added the updates.
Another tidbit. I have a friend who is registered as an iPhone developer. He tried iOS 4.2 beta on an old 3GS, and confirmed it still does NOT work with USB sound.
-johnpost #29 of 94710/7/10 at 5:37pm
- List of DACs that work with iPad
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 28 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony NW-WM1Z/ NW-WM1A Flagship DAP (Live From IFA 2016) 2 minutes ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 2 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 3 minutes ago
- › I'm looking for something new. 3 minutes ago
- › Rock Jaw Audio Looking for Pre-Production Testers for Future Products 4 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear