Has anyone compared a Emmeline "The Raptor" against a Woo Audio 6 amp?
Related Forum Threads
- WA6 has a low frequency hum on the left side, no matter what tubes are in it. Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Emmeline HR-2 vs WooAudio 2 Last post on 6/2/11 at 12:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK IV or WooAudio Last post on 4/9/11 at 5:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- $500-$600 U.S.A. Tube Amp for HD650's? Last post on 9/25/11 at 2:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- woo 6- what OHM headphone Last post on 12/23/10 at 3:11pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
https://store.thinksound.com/ I would like to give a hearty thanks to Thinksound's Aaron Fournier for reaching out to me for this review. I was provided with a review sample of the ON2...
This is a review of the Burson Audio Cable+ RCA to RCA active cable. The Burson Audio Cable+ was sent to me by Burson Audio for me as a loaner unit to test it out, thanks to Burson Audio for...
Most people balk at spending more than $20 on a pair of headphones, given the disposable history of a typical portable consumer headphones for the past 35 years. Music lovers who do invest in a...
It’s Black Friday, and what’s more black than to buy a good pair of headphones for your favorite rocker or metalhead. Today the headphone audiophile community is buzzing about what may become a...
The evolution of headphones has been fascinating to watch over the years. Pretty much everyone aged 50 and younger has grown up using headphones, and have owned many, many pairs. Some may remember...
How does the Emmeline II "The Raptor" Headphone Amp stack up against a Woo Audio 6 amppost #1 of 38/14/10 at 11:44amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 38/14/10 at 8:31pm
Brace yourself for the Invasion of the Woo Fanbois!
I've never compared them, but after some tube-rolling to get the noise floor down I have been completely happy with my Raptor.
My desktop system is MacBook Pro (running Amarra)/Ayre QB-9/Raptor/Senn HD 800.
If you live in or near Orange County, California, PM me and we'll see if we can arrange a time for you to come over and listen.post #3 of 310/30/11 at 9:44pm
I have had my raptor for a couple of years.mine has the super power supply and i read that you had to change the tubes to lower the noise level.Have you considered upgrading the raptors fuse to a hifi tuning fuse.I had ray replace my fuse with a gold hi-fi tuning fuse and the performance of the amp ramped up considerably as well as lowering the noise floor.The fuse are very inexpensive way to improve the performance of any component.The replacement fuse effect was at least comparable and probably greater than a power cord upgrade for a pittance compared to the cost of a upgaded power cord.I just thought that this email might be helpfull to get the best performance out of your raptor or any other component. buson 160man
- How does the Emmeline II "The Raptor" Headphone Amp stack up against a Woo Audio 6 amp
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 13 seconds ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 26 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic Dt 1170 new for 405€ on amazon.de - deal alert! 2 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod... 3 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 8 minutes ago
- › Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream" 8 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 10 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 10 minutes ago
- › iFi audio iPower - universal Ultra-Low Noise AC/DC adapter 11 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 11 minutes ago
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Dsnuts
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by peter123
- › BeyerDynamic DT 1990 PRO 250 Ohm Open Studio Headphones (710490) by Fastnbulbous
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by Fastnbulbous
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Fastnbulbous
- › 1MORE MK801 Over-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by zamroni
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...