Has anyone compared a Emmeline "The Raptor" against a Woo Audio 6 amp?
Related Forum Threads
- WA6 has a low frequency hum on the left side, no matter what tubes are in it. Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Emmeline HR-2 vs WooAudio 2 Last post on 6/2/11 at 12:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK IV or WooAudio Last post on 4/9/11 at 5:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- $500-$600 U.S.A. Tube Amp for HD650's? Last post on 9/25/11 at 2:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- woo 6- what OHM headphone Last post on 12/23/10 at 3:11pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
Introduction: The whole reason I purchased these was because of jekostas review of the Bette 8MM 1+1 Hybrid: The 10MM version is going to mirror a lot of the 8MM, though I do not have the...
How does the Emmeline II "The Raptor" Headphone Amp stack up against a Woo Audio 6 amppost #1 of 38/14/10 at 11:44amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 38/14/10 at 8:31pm
Brace yourself for the Invasion of the Woo Fanbois!
I've never compared them, but after some tube-rolling to get the noise floor down I have been completely happy with my Raptor.
My desktop system is MacBook Pro (running Amarra)/Ayre QB-9/Raptor/Senn HD 800.
If you live in or near Orange County, California, PM me and we'll see if we can arrange a time for you to come over and listen.post #3 of 310/30/11 at 9:44pm
I have had my raptor for a couple of years.mine has the super power supply and i read that you had to change the tubes to lower the noise level.Have you considered upgrading the raptors fuse to a hifi tuning fuse.I had ray replace my fuse with a gold hi-fi tuning fuse and the performance of the amp ramped up considerably as well as lowering the noise floor.The fuse are very inexpensive way to improve the performance of any component.The replacement fuse effect was at least comparable and probably greater than a power cord upgrade for a pittance compared to the cost of a upgaded power cord.I just thought that this email might be helpfull to get the best performance out of your raptor or any other component. buson 160man
- How does the Emmeline II "The Raptor" Headphone Amp stack up against a Woo Audio 6 amp
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Which active studio monitors should i get for my Asus Xonar... 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Grado 325i Owners Club. 10 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 10 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 11 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3