Has anyone compared a Emmeline "The Raptor" against a Woo Audio 6 amp?
Related Forum Threads
- WA6 has a low frequency hum on the left side, no matter what tubes are in it. Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Emmeline HR-2 vs WooAudio 2 Last post on 6/2/11 at 12:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK IV or WooAudio Last post on 4/9/11 at 5:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- $500-$600 U.S.A. Tube Amp for HD650's? Last post on 9/25/11 at 2:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- woo 6- what OHM headphone Last post on 12/23/10 at 3:11pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
How does the Emmeline II "The Raptor" Headphone Amp stack up against a Woo Audio 6 amppost #1 of 38/14/10 at 11:44amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 38/14/10 at 8:31pm
Brace yourself for the Invasion of the Woo Fanbois!
I've never compared them, but after some tube-rolling to get the noise floor down I have been completely happy with my Raptor.
My desktop system is MacBook Pro (running Amarra)/Ayre QB-9/Raptor/Senn HD 800.
If you live in or near Orange County, California, PM me and we'll see if we can arrange a time for you to come over and listen.post #3 of 310/30/11 at 9:44pm
I have had my raptor for a couple of years.mine has the super power supply and i read that you had to change the tubes to lower the noise level.Have you considered upgrading the raptors fuse to a hifi tuning fuse.I had ray replace my fuse with a gold hi-fi tuning fuse and the performance of the amp ramped up considerably as well as lowering the noise floor.The fuse are very inexpensive way to improve the performance of any component.The replacement fuse effect was at least comparable and probably greater than a power cord upgrade for a pittance compared to the cost of a upgaded power cord.I just thought that this email might be helpfull to get the best performance out of your raptor or any other component. buson 160man
- How does the Emmeline II "The Raptor" Headphone Amp stack up against a Woo Audio 6 amp
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › What amp to get for the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pros? 6 minutes ago
- › Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio 6 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 7 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 review - Take two... 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)