Has anyone compared a Emmeline "The Raptor" against a Woo Audio 6 amp?
Related Forum Threads
- WA6 has a low frequency hum on the left side, no matter what tubes are in it. Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Emmeline HR-2 vs WooAudio 2 Last post on 6/2/11 at 12:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK IV or WooAudio Last post on 4/9/11 at 5:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- $500-$600 U.S.A. Tube Amp for HD650's? Last post on 9/25/11 at 2:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- woo 6- what OHM headphone Last post on 12/23/10 at 3:11pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Greetings Head-fi! Today we're going to be checking out a wireless Bluetooth speaker from Archeer, the A320. Archeer sells a pretty wide variety of products like cellphone cases, headphones,...
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
How does the Emmeline II "The Raptor" Headphone Amp stack up against a Woo Audio 6 amppost #1 of 38/14/10 at 11:44amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 38/14/10 at 8:31pm
Brace yourself for the Invasion of the Woo Fanbois!
I've never compared them, but after some tube-rolling to get the noise floor down I have been completely happy with my Raptor.
My desktop system is MacBook Pro (running Amarra)/Ayre QB-9/Raptor/Senn HD 800.
If you live in or near Orange County, California, PM me and we'll see if we can arrange a time for you to come over and listen.post #3 of 310/30/11 at 9:44pm
I have had my raptor for a couple of years.mine has the super power supply and i read that you had to change the tubes to lower the noise level.Have you considered upgrading the raptors fuse to a hifi tuning fuse.I had ray replace my fuse with a gold hi-fi tuning fuse and the performance of the amp ramped up considerably as well as lowering the noise floor.The fuse are very inexpensive way to improve the performance of any component.The replacement fuse effect was at least comparable and probably greater than a power cord upgrade for a pittance compared to the cost of a upgaded power cord.I just thought that this email might be helpfull to get the best performance out of your raptor or any other component. buson 160man
- How does the Emmeline II "The Raptor" Headphone Amp stack up against a Woo Audio 6 amp
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 31 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 1 minute ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears X Effect Audio Giveaway // 2017 EMPIRE SPRING SALE 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › Woo WA8 or WA6/se 4 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 4 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017) 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Which UK / EU Cable Company Would you Recommend!? Help! 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K240 MKII Headphones by Napalmhardcore
- › ARCHEER 25W Bluetooth Home Speakers with Huge Bass and Superior... by B9Scrambler
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear