Has anyone compared a Emmeline "The Raptor" against a Woo Audio 6 amp?
Related Forum Threads
- WA6 has a low frequency hum on the left side, no matter what tubes are in it. Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Emmeline HR-2 vs WooAudio 2 Last post on 6/2/11 at 12:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK IV or WooAudio Last post on 4/9/11 at 5:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- $500-$600 U.S.A. Tube Amp for HD650's? Last post on 9/25/11 at 2:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- woo 6- what OHM headphone Last post on 12/23/10 at 3:11pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
How does the Emmeline II "The Raptor" Headphone Amp stack up against a Woo Audio 6 amppost #1 of 38/14/10 at 11:44amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 38/14/10 at 8:31pm
Brace yourself for the Invasion of the Woo Fanbois!
I've never compared them, but after some tube-rolling to get the noise floor down I have been completely happy with my Raptor.
My desktop system is MacBook Pro (running Amarra)/Ayre QB-9/Raptor/Senn HD 800.
If you live in or near Orange County, California, PM me and we'll see if we can arrange a time for you to come over and listen.post #3 of 310/30/11 at 9:44pm
I have had my raptor for a couple of years.mine has the super power supply and i read that you had to change the tubes to lower the noise level.Have you considered upgrading the raptors fuse to a hifi tuning fuse.I had ray replace my fuse with a gold hi-fi tuning fuse and the performance of the amp ramped up considerably as well as lowering the noise floor.The fuse are very inexpensive way to improve the performance of any component.The replacement fuse effect was at least comparable and probably greater than a power cord upgrade for a pittance compared to the cost of a upgaded power cord.I just thought that this email might be helpfull to get the best performance out of your raptor or any other component. buson 160man
- How does the Emmeline II "The Raptor" Headphone Amp stack up against a Woo Audio 6 amp
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
- › Desktop headphones for $150 range 15 seconds ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 52 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966) 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Portable/Battery powered amps with 1/4 inch jack 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 5 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)