Anyone an idea ??
Related Forum Threads
- $500-$600 U.S.A. Tube Amp for HD650's? Last post on 9/25/11 at 2:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- OTL vs SET Amp for HD650 Last post on 10/12/12 at 10:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Buying a complete set of audio stuff, I need some advice as I'm stuck. Last post on 6/27/12 at 1:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- WA6 has a low frequency hum on the left side, no matter what tubes are in it. Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
For me, the Audeze EL-8Cs satisfy a long awaited two year search for a closed headphone that I can use at work that sound just as good as my home theater setup. I enjoy them so much, that I cannot...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
thinksound rain2 - A mini Review Firstly, I'd like to thank @d marc0 for including me on this tour. It's always a great experience and privilege to be a part of such a great community which...
Best Combo senn650 + headphone amp - Budget 600$ ???post #1 of 168/5/10 at 2:57amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 168/5/10 at 3:00ampost #3 of 168/5/10 at 3:21amThread Starterpost #4 of 168/5/10 at 3:23ampost #5 of 168/5/10 at 5:32ampost #6 of 168/5/10 at 5:38amThread Starterpost #7 of 168/6/10 at 12:33ampost #8 of 168/6/10 at 3:59pmpost #9 of 168/6/10 at 4:14pmpost #10 of 168/8/10 at 1:10am
For solid state I went with the LD MKVII+ and DAC-1. Not only a great set-up but very versatile if you want to use different sources. A little over $600 ($650->$700) but you are getting a great amp and a DAC (both balanced).
I have heard the DV-337 and it's a great amp if you want a tube amp at about that price. A friend owns both the LD set-up and the DV337; he loves them both as do I.post #11 of 168/12/10 at 11:40ampost #12 of 168/12/10 at 11:53amQuote:
If a source is also needed, then this is indeed a great choice for the HD650. I wasn't a huge fan of the HDP's amp portion (loved its DAC) but it shined particularly well with the HD650.
If no DAC is needed, then Gilmore Lite really does well with the HD650 for a relatively low price. Matches very well sound signature wise and still has enough power to drive it well (note: although it MAY clip or distort at higher volume levels due to lack of voltage, but these levels IMO are harmful for your ears and should be avoided anyway). WA6 did amazingly well with them too as long as its set up with appropriate tubes as well as powerful hybrid such as EF1/EF5.post #13 of 168/12/10 at 12:35pmpost #14 of 168/12/10 at 12:51pm
I've tried that with my old rig and it does indeed work very well, but for HD650s in particular, I think just going with HDP alone is more than enough. Adding WA6 to the mix will result in soundstage increase and more smoother sound, but it's not enough of a performance increase that I'd purchase a new WA6 if I already had the HDP. But of course if you can afford it, then by all means go for it.post #15 of 168/12/10 at 1:01pm
Thanks :) I will probably just stick with the HDP
Quote:Originally Posted by K_19
I've tried that with my old rig and it does indeed work very well, but for HD650s in particular, I think just going with HDP alone is more than enough. Adding WA6 to the mix will result in soundstage increase and more smoother sound, but it's not enough of a performance increase that I'd purchase a new WA6 if I already had the HDP. But of course if you can afford it, then by all means go for it.
- Best Combo senn650 + headphone amp - Budget 600$ ???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 59 seconds ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500 2 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › [WTS] JH13 Freqphase Custom IEM 5 minutes ago
- › I tried to avoid a new thread but...DAC -up to 300 5 minutes ago
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by moedawg140
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › FLC Technology FLC8 by jk47
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2