Anyone an idea ??
Related Forum Threads
- $500-$600 U.S.A. Tube Amp for HD650's? Last post on 9/25/11 at 2:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- OTL vs SET Amp for HD650 Last post on 10/12/12 at 10:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Buying a complete set of audio stuff, I need some advice as I'm stuck. Last post on 6/27/12 at 1:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- WA6 has a low frequency hum on the left side, no matter what tubes are in it. Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
Best Combo senn650 + headphone amp - Budget 600$ ???post #1 of 168/5/10 at 2:57amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 168/5/10 at 3:00ampost #3 of 168/5/10 at 3:21amThread Starterpost #4 of 168/5/10 at 3:23ampost #5 of 168/5/10 at 5:32ampost #6 of 168/5/10 at 5:38amThread Starterpost #7 of 168/6/10 at 12:33ampost #8 of 168/6/10 at 3:59pmpost #9 of 168/6/10 at 4:14pmpost #10 of 168/8/10 at 1:10am
For solid state I went with the LD MKVII+ and DAC-1. Not only a great set-up but very versatile if you want to use different sources. A little over $600 ($650->$700) but you are getting a great amp and a DAC (both balanced).
I have heard the DV-337 and it's a great amp if you want a tube amp at about that price. A friend owns both the LD set-up and the DV337; he loves them both as do I.post #11 of 168/12/10 at 11:40ampost #12 of 168/12/10 at 11:53amQuote:
If a source is also needed, then this is indeed a great choice for the HD650. I wasn't a huge fan of the HDP's amp portion (loved its DAC) but it shined particularly well with the HD650.
If no DAC is needed, then Gilmore Lite really does well with the HD650 for a relatively low price. Matches very well sound signature wise and still has enough power to drive it well (note: although it MAY clip or distort at higher volume levels due to lack of voltage, but these levels IMO are harmful for your ears and should be avoided anyway). WA6 did amazingly well with them too as long as its set up with appropriate tubes as well as powerful hybrid such as EF1/EF5.post #13 of 168/12/10 at 12:35pmpost #14 of 168/12/10 at 12:51pm
I've tried that with my old rig and it does indeed work very well, but for HD650s in particular, I think just going with HDP alone is more than enough. Adding WA6 to the mix will result in soundstage increase and more smoother sound, but it's not enough of a performance increase that I'd purchase a new WA6 if I already had the HDP. But of course if you can afford it, then by all means go for it.post #15 of 168/12/10 at 1:01pm
Thanks :) I will probably just stick with the HDP
Quote:Originally Posted by K_19
I've tried that with my old rig and it does indeed work very well, but for HD650s in particular, I think just going with HDP alone is more than enough. Adding WA6 to the mix will result in soundstage increase and more smoother sound, but it's not enough of a performance increase that I'd purchase a new WA6 if I already had the HDP. But of course if you can afford it, then by all means go for it.
- Best Combo senn650 + headphone amp - Budget 600$ ???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 25 seconds ago
- › Tekfusion® Twinwoofers® In-Ear Headphones - Reviewers Needed! 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 Latest Update 24-07-2014 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Seattle Redhook Meet Saturday July 26th, 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 5 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)