Anyone an idea ??
Related Forum Threads
- $500-$600 U.S.A. Tube Amp for HD650's? Last post on 9/25/11 at 2:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- OTL vs SET Amp for HD650 Last post on 10/12/12 at 10:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Buying a complete set of audio stuff, I need some advice as I'm stuck. Last post on 6/27/12 at 1:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- WA6 has a low frequency hum on the left side, no matter what tubes are in it. Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
My comprehensive review of the Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones BURN-IN TIME - Took about 3-4 days to burn in so maybe 12 or so hours for me Upon receiving these as a gift for my birthday (so I...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music and sound equipment but I...
Brace yourself... Pardon any grammatical errors please as this is one of my longer reviews. Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be...
Best Combo senn650 + headphone amp - Budget 600$ ???post #1 of 168/5/10 at 2:57amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 168/5/10 at 3:00ampost #3 of 168/5/10 at 3:21amThread Starterpost #4 of 168/5/10 at 3:23ampost #5 of 168/5/10 at 5:32ampost #6 of 168/5/10 at 5:38amThread Starterpost #7 of 168/6/10 at 12:33ampost #8 of 168/6/10 at 3:59pmpost #9 of 168/6/10 at 4:14pmpost #10 of 168/8/10 at 1:10am
For solid state I went with the LD MKVII+ and DAC-1. Not only a great set-up but very versatile if you want to use different sources. A little over $600 ($650->$700) but you are getting a great amp and a DAC (both balanced).
I have heard the DV-337 and it's a great amp if you want a tube amp at about that price. A friend owns both the LD set-up and the DV337; he loves them both as do I.post #11 of 168/12/10 at 11:40ampost #12 of 168/12/10 at 11:53amQuote:
If a source is also needed, then this is indeed a great choice for the HD650. I wasn't a huge fan of the HDP's amp portion (loved its DAC) but it shined particularly well with the HD650.
If no DAC is needed, then Gilmore Lite really does well with the HD650 for a relatively low price. Matches very well sound signature wise and still has enough power to drive it well (note: although it MAY clip or distort at higher volume levels due to lack of voltage, but these levels IMO are harmful for your ears and should be avoided anyway). WA6 did amazingly well with them too as long as its set up with appropriate tubes as well as powerful hybrid such as EF1/EF5.post #13 of 168/12/10 at 12:35pmpost #14 of 168/12/10 at 12:51pm
I've tried that with my old rig and it does indeed work very well, but for HD650s in particular, I think just going with HDP alone is more than enough. Adding WA6 to the mix will result in soundstage increase and more smoother sound, but it's not enough of a performance increase that I'd purchase a new WA6 if I already had the HDP. But of course if you can afford it, then by all means go for it.post #15 of 168/12/10 at 1:01pm
Thanks :) I will probably just stick with the HDP
Quote:Originally Posted by K_19
I've tried that with my old rig and it does indeed work very well, but for HD650s in particular, I think just going with HDP alone is more than enough. Adding WA6 to the mix will result in soundstage increase and more smoother sound, but it's not enough of a performance increase that I'd purchase a new WA6 if I already had the HDP. But of course if you can afford it, then by all means go for it.
- Best Combo senn650 + headphone amp - Budget 600$ ???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 2 minutes ago
- › Heads up! Dick Smith "Premium headphones VT H68" aluminum and... 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-3 (2014) ES9018 DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › which headset doesn't ruin hair (not a joke) 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by bkyoung
- › Superlux HD-631 by Sharingan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)