Anyone an idea ??
Related Forum Threads
- $500-$600 U.S.A. Tube Amp for HD650's? Last post on 9/25/11 at 2:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- OTL vs SET Amp for HD650 Last post on 10/12/12 at 10:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Buying a complete set of audio stuff, I need some advice as I'm stuck. Last post on 6/27/12 at 1:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- WA6 has a low frequency hum on the left side, no matter what tubes are in it. Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
Best Combo senn650 + headphone amp - Budget 600$ ???post #1 of 168/5/10 at 2:57amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 168/5/10 at 3:00ampost #3 of 168/5/10 at 3:21amThread Starterpost #4 of 168/5/10 at 3:23ampost #5 of 168/5/10 at 5:32ampost #6 of 168/5/10 at 5:38amThread Starterpost #7 of 168/6/10 at 12:33ampost #8 of 168/6/10 at 3:59pmpost #9 of 168/6/10 at 4:14pmpost #10 of 168/8/10 at 1:10am
For solid state I went with the LD MKVII+ and DAC-1. Not only a great set-up but very versatile if you want to use different sources. A little over $600 ($650->$700) but you are getting a great amp and a DAC (both balanced).
I have heard the DV-337 and it's a great amp if you want a tube amp at about that price. A friend owns both the LD set-up and the DV337; he loves them both as do I.post #11 of 168/12/10 at 11:40ampost #12 of 168/12/10 at 11:53amQuote:
If a source is also needed, then this is indeed a great choice for the HD650. I wasn't a huge fan of the HDP's amp portion (loved its DAC) but it shined particularly well with the HD650.
If no DAC is needed, then Gilmore Lite really does well with the HD650 for a relatively low price. Matches very well sound signature wise and still has enough power to drive it well (note: although it MAY clip or distort at higher volume levels due to lack of voltage, but these levels IMO are harmful for your ears and should be avoided anyway). WA6 did amazingly well with them too as long as its set up with appropriate tubes as well as powerful hybrid such as EF1/EF5.post #13 of 168/12/10 at 12:35pmpost #14 of 168/12/10 at 12:51pm
I've tried that with my old rig and it does indeed work very well, but for HD650s in particular, I think just going with HDP alone is more than enough. Adding WA6 to the mix will result in soundstage increase and more smoother sound, but it's not enough of a performance increase that I'd purchase a new WA6 if I already had the HDP. But of course if you can afford it, then by all means go for it.post #15 of 168/12/10 at 1:01pm
Thanks :) I will probably just stick with the HDP
Quote:Originally Posted by K_19
I've tried that with my old rig and it does indeed work very well, but for HD650s in particular, I think just going with HDP alone is more than enough. Adding WA6 to the mix will result in soundstage increase and more smoother sound, but it's not enough of a performance increase that I'd purchase a new WA6 if I already had the HDP. But of course if you can afford it, then by all means go for it.
- Best Combo senn650 + headphone amp - Budget 600$ ???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
- › Bakoon japan launch 1st portable headphone amplifier HDA 5520 24 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 32 seconds ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (Impressions of DN-2000,... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)