Anyone an idea ??
Related Forum Threads
- $500-$600 U.S.A. Tube Amp for HD650's? Last post on 9/25/11 at 2:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- OTL vs SET Amp for HD650 Last post on 10/12/12 at 10:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Buying a complete set of audio stuff, I need some advice as I'm stuck. Last post on 6/27/12 at 1:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- WA6 has a low frequency hum on the left side, no matter what tubes are in it. Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Best Combo senn650 + headphone amp - Budget 600$ ???post #1 of 168/5/10 at 2:57amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 168/5/10 at 3:00ampost #3 of 168/5/10 at 3:21amThread Starterpost #4 of 168/5/10 at 3:23ampost #5 of 168/5/10 at 5:32ampost #6 of 168/5/10 at 5:38amThread Starterpost #7 of 168/6/10 at 12:33ampost #8 of 168/6/10 at 3:59pmpost #9 of 168/6/10 at 4:14pmpost #10 of 168/8/10 at 1:10am
For solid state I went with the LD MKVII+ and DAC-1. Not only a great set-up but very versatile if you want to use different sources. A little over $600 ($650->$700) but you are getting a great amp and a DAC (both balanced).
I have heard the DV-337 and it's a great amp if you want a tube amp at about that price. A friend owns both the LD set-up and the DV337; he loves them both as do I.post #11 of 168/12/10 at 11:40ampost #12 of 168/12/10 at 11:53amQuote:
If a source is also needed, then this is indeed a great choice for the HD650. I wasn't a huge fan of the HDP's amp portion (loved its DAC) but it shined particularly well with the HD650.
If no DAC is needed, then Gilmore Lite really does well with the HD650 for a relatively low price. Matches very well sound signature wise and still has enough power to drive it well (note: although it MAY clip or distort at higher volume levels due to lack of voltage, but these levels IMO are harmful for your ears and should be avoided anyway). WA6 did amazingly well with them too as long as its set up with appropriate tubes as well as powerful hybrid such as EF1/EF5.post #13 of 168/12/10 at 12:35pmpost #14 of 168/12/10 at 12:51pm
I've tried that with my old rig and it does indeed work very well, but for HD650s in particular, I think just going with HDP alone is more than enough. Adding WA6 to the mix will result in soundstage increase and more smoother sound, but it's not enough of a performance increase that I'd purchase a new WA6 if I already had the HDP. But of course if you can afford it, then by all means go for it.post #15 of 168/12/10 at 1:01pm
Thanks :) I will probably just stick with the HDP
Quote:Originally Posted by K_19
I've tried that with my old rig and it does indeed work very well, but for HD650s in particular, I think just going with HDP alone is more than enough. Adding WA6 to the mix will result in soundstage increase and more smoother sound, but it's not enough of a performance increase that I'd purchase a new WA6 if I already had the HDP. But of course if you can afford it, then by all means go for it.
- Best Combo senn650 + headphone amp - Budget 600$ ???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
- › The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread 6 seconds ago
- › The DIY'rs Cookbook 1 minute ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 6 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 8 minutes ago
- › Help Please - Sennheiser HD 215 II vs. Audio Technica ATH-M30x 14 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 14 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Hunter Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Sports 4.1 Bluetooth Headset... by Shobin Wang
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Wired 3.5MM Headphones Earphones, Ghostek® Turbine Series Wired... by Cinder
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...