Just to be pedantic, the hyphen goes here: SR-71B.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/25/11
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/19/10
- productRay Samuels Audio Emmeline SR-71B Balanced Amptagged by nightmancometh, 11/18/13
- productRay Samuels Audio SR-71tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 7/19/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- The best portable amp Last post on 8/25/13 at 6:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Looking for "best" portable amp for Audeze LCD-2 Last post on 8/30/12 at 10:36pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 9/27/14 at 4:02am in Portable Headphone Amps
- No bass on SR-71B Last post on 6/27/11 at 8:11am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp for my Beyerdynamic DT990 600 ohm Last post on 2/12/11 at 8:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 7/30/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Introduction – So a few weeks into my search and discovery of budget-based earphones has led me here - to the Xiaomi Piston 2.1. The Pistons are the result of the popular Chinese smartphone...
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
RSA SR71b, quad mono balanced. img. 1 & 17 Review pg 32, 34, 68, UPDATED 4/2013 for Improved sound. - Page 72post #1066 of 11859/9/13 at 8:52pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1067 of 11859/10/13 at 9:06am
I have had my SR-71B for about 2½ years and have been very happy with it driving HE-500, FA003 and JH13 all balanced. Unfortunately the batteri was down to 3-4 hours on a charge so I contacted Ray to have it replaced and he offered to do the upgrade at the same time. Have now got it back and can only say that it is now an even better amp (at least going from memory). Yes the high gain has been upped and the low and medium gain are the same so it now drives the HE-500 with more volume for the same dial position. The background is totally silent and black except on silly setting (high gain and max volume with JH13). There seems to be even better control, slam and impact to the bass and as a result even more control and clarity over the rest of the frequency range. I don't know if this is the best portable amp in exsistence but ir is certainly the best portable amp out of the >10 I have owned over the years. It is also scarily close (though different in tone and sound) to my big home RudiStor amp that cost 4-5 times as much. Seriously good value and very well pleased.post #1068 of 11859/11/13 at 6:13amI agree it definitly is a amazing sounding amplifier bakanced. It really shines balanced. If you are running it se or if you plan,on using it se you are really not doing this amp justice.
I have learned to get used to and adjust to the sound of the balanced output. Once I realized wjat I was hearing it definitely impressed mepost #1069 of 11859/11/13 at 8:33amQuote:Originally Posted by Mooses9
I agree it definitly is a amazing sounding amplifier bakanced. It really shines balanced. If you are running it se or if you plan,on using it se you are really not doing this amp justice.
I have learned to get used to and adjust to the sound of the balanced output. Once I realized wjat I was hearing it definitely impressed me
Not only that, as now I´ve had the amp for almost 3 months and it seems to have serious channel imbalance issues when using the SE. Clearly Balanced is the way to go! Just have to re-cable my RS1's so i can have a fully balanced rig and be done with it.post #1070 of 11859/11/13 at 5:36pmQuote:
That definitely should not be.
Unbalanced, this amp is (should be) as good as other unbalanced amps, at the least.post #1071 of 11859/11/13 at 9:47pmquote name="Stoney" url="/t/502696/rsa-sr71b-quad-mono-balanced-img-1-17-review-pg-32-34-68-updated-4-2013-for-improved-sound/1065#post_9795399"]
That definitely should not be.
Unbalanced, this amp is (should be) as good as other unbalanced amps, at the least.
I agree that sounds more like a mechanical issue than a balanced vs single ended issue imo.post #1072 of 11859/12/13 at 4:24amQuote:
Remember that the SR71B has a volume pot system that can be adjusted for imbalance. If that doesn't work, send it back to Ray.
Also, the RS-1's are a treat balanced...have fun.
Edited by wolfen68 - 9/12/13 at 4:25ampost #1073 of 11859/12/13 at 9:16ampost #1074 of 118510/20/13 at 8:16ampost #1075 of 118510/22/13 at 5:10pmpost #1076 of 118510/22/13 at 6:36pmQuote:
do you plan on using the optical out of the ak100 with a Dac, then the sr71bpost #1077 of 118510/23/13 at 7:03amQuote:
Not really, I didn't spend the money on the AK100 just to bypass the DAC, seems a bit of a waste.post #1078 of 118510/23/13 at 8:16am
Not yet, as i am sort of on a long trip right now. I'll send them in about a month. The thing is, even if i have the amp connected to the CLAS with the SE line out and just select the balanced input, the problem is apparently solved.post #1079 of 118510/23/13 at 12:54pmpost #1080 of 118510/23/13 at 1:07pm
- RSA SR71b, quad mono balanced. img. 1 & 17 Review pg 32, 34, 68, UPDATED 4/2013 for Improved sound.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 11 seconds ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 20 seconds ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 5 minutes ago
- › FS: Grado HF2 5 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › a replacement for my vsonic gr07 be 6 minutes ago
- › Good external 7.1 or maybe 5.1 sound card? 7 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 8 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Audiophile1811
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)