Just to be pedantic, the hyphen goes here: SR-71B.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/25/11
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 4/5/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/19/10
- productRay Samuels Audio Emmeline SR-71B Balanced Amptagged by nightmancometh, 11/18/13
- productRay Samuels Audio SR-71tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productRSA Hornettagged by System, 7/19/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- The best portable amp Last post on 8/25/13 at 6:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Looking for "best" portable amp for Audeze LCD-2 Last post on 8/30/12 at 10:36pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 5/12/14 at 7:39pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- No bass on SR-71B Last post on 6/27/11 at 8:11am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp for my Beyerdynamic DT990 600 ohm Last post on 2/12/11 at 8:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
RSA SR71b, quad mono balanced. img. 1 & 17 Review pg 32, 34, 68, UPDATED 4/2013 for Improved sound. - Page 72post #1066 of 11839/9/13 at 8:52pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1067 of 11839/10/13 at 9:06am
I have had my SR-71B for about 2½ years and have been very happy with it driving HE-500, FA003 and JH13 all balanced. Unfortunately the batteri was down to 3-4 hours on a charge so I contacted Ray to have it replaced and he offered to do the upgrade at the same time. Have now got it back and can only say that it is now an even better amp (at least going from memory). Yes the high gain has been upped and the low and medium gain are the same so it now drives the HE-500 with more volume for the same dial position. The background is totally silent and black except on silly setting (high gain and max volume with JH13). There seems to be even better control, slam and impact to the bass and as a result even more control and clarity over the rest of the frequency range. I don't know if this is the best portable amp in exsistence but ir is certainly the best portable amp out of the >10 I have owned over the years. It is also scarily close (though different in tone and sound) to my big home RudiStor amp that cost 4-5 times as much. Seriously good value and very well pleased.post #1068 of 11839/11/13 at 6:13amI agree it definitly is a amazing sounding amplifier bakanced. It really shines balanced. If you are running it se or if you plan,on using it se you are really not doing this amp justice.
I have learned to get used to and adjust to the sound of the balanced output. Once I realized wjat I was hearing it definitely impressed mepost #1069 of 11839/11/13 at 8:33amQuote:Originally Posted by Mooses9
I agree it definitly is a amazing sounding amplifier bakanced. It really shines balanced. If you are running it se or if you plan,on using it se you are really not doing this amp justice.
I have learned to get used to and adjust to the sound of the balanced output. Once I realized wjat I was hearing it definitely impressed me
Not only that, as now I´ve had the amp for almost 3 months and it seems to have serious channel imbalance issues when using the SE. Clearly Balanced is the way to go! Just have to re-cable my RS1's so i can have a fully balanced rig and be done with it.post #1070 of 11839/11/13 at 5:36pmQuote:
That definitely should not be.
Unbalanced, this amp is (should be) as good as other unbalanced amps, at the least.post #1071 of 11839/11/13 at 9:47pmquote name="Stoney" url="/t/502696/rsa-sr71b-quad-mono-balanced-img-1-17-review-pg-32-34-68-updated-4-2013-for-improved-sound/1065#post_9795399"]
That definitely should not be.
Unbalanced, this amp is (should be) as good as other unbalanced amps, at the least.
I agree that sounds more like a mechanical issue than a balanced vs single ended issue imo.post #1072 of 11839/12/13 at 4:24amQuote:
Remember that the SR71B has a volume pot system that can be adjusted for imbalance. If that doesn't work, send it back to Ray.
Also, the RS-1's are a treat balanced...have fun.
Edited by wolfen68 - 9/12/13 at 4:25ampost #1073 of 11839/12/13 at 9:16ampost #1074 of 118310/20/13 at 8:16ampost #1075 of 118310/22/13 at 5:10pmpost #1076 of 118310/22/13 at 6:36pmQuote:
do you plan on using the optical out of the ak100 with a Dac, then the sr71bpost #1077 of 118310/23/13 at 7:03amQuote:
Not really, I didn't spend the money on the AK100 just to bypass the DAC, seems a bit of a waste.post #1078 of 118310/23/13 at 8:16am
Not yet, as i am sort of on a long trip right now. I'll send them in about a month. The thing is, even if i have the amp connected to the CLAS with the SE line out and just select the balanced input, the problem is apparently solved.post #1079 of 118310/23/13 at 12:54pmpost #1080 of 118310/23/13 at 1:07pm
- RSA SR71b, quad mono balanced. img. 1 & 17 Review pg 32, 34, 68, UPDATED 4/2013 for Improved sound.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › V-moda XS (On-Ear) White/Silver Headphones -- Practically Brand New... 56 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › I could really use some guidance from you guys 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 7 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)