- 2,218 Posts. Joined 3/2014
- Location: The Wet Coast
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAudezetagged by System, 6/22/10
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/10
- productCavalli Audio Liquid Firetagged by System, 4/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/27/10
- productLeben CS-300Xtagged by System, 6/30/10
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 7/19/10
- productMeier Audio Concertotagged by System, 7/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 1/21/15 at 5:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The absolute BEST amp for the LCD-3 (only vote if you have heard the mjolnir and at least one... Last post on 11/20/14 at 9:10am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 10/9/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Leben CS600 in DC area -- anyone with LCD2, T1, GS1000, HD800, 702 who wants to listen? Last post on 2/20/15 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here Last post on 11/22/11 at 8:45pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 - Page 525post #7861 of 78723/22/15 at 2:52pmAnd balanced to the XC.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7862 of 78723/22/15 at 8:12pmQuote:
Thanks for the feedback.
Anyone have any input regarding the Bryston BHA-1 vs. the Burson Conductor and how their sound signatures differ with the (pre-Fazor) LCD 2.2 (and LCD 3, if I ever move up)?
And if it helps, I'm a fan of mostly electronic music.
Edited by porridgecup - 3/23/15 at 1:19pmpost #7863 of 78723/25/15 at 6:02amQuote:
+1 Very interested in this comparison, too!
I've heard about the great synergy of BHA-1 as well as Conductor with LCD-2s.
I listen mostly to EDM, too:-)post #7864 of 78723/25/15 at 9:45ampost #7865 of 78723/25/15 at 3:11pmpost #7866 of 78723/26/15 at 4:22ampost #7867 of 78723/26/15 at 3:01pmQuote:
I've heard a ton of good things about it for sure.
What DAC are you pairing it with? One big reason I was interested in the Conductor was the combination amp/DAC. Saves a little desk space and just seems more convenient; also saves me the headache and hassle (and possible additional DAC price compared to the Conductor's price) of deciding on the right DAC to buy.
Also, I read a few comments that the BHA-1 is a little on the bright side. I know that probably won't be an issue with the LCD 2 since it's so dark by default, but I feel like that might limit my options if I decide to pick up the HD800 some day. I'd prefer to get one top tier amp and one top tier DAC and use them for many years if possible, without buying their competitors.
For reference, my current setup is Schiit Magni/Modi (1, not 2) with the Beyer DT880. That combo is considerably too bright for me, so I have it pretty heavily equalized to boost the lower ranges and decrease the higher ranges. My EQ is roughly +4.7 dB for lows and -5.5 dB for highs, if that helps show just how bright I feel the combo is out of the box.
I'm still waiting for my LCD 2 to come in, and I'm not sure I even want to plug it into my Magni because I suspect it'll heavily skew my perception both due to it being too bright for my tastes and too low-end for Audeze cans.
Edited by porridgecup - 3/26/15 at 3:02pmpost #7868 of 78723/26/15 at 3:07pmI use it either with a bel canto DAC 3.5 or my oppo bdp 95eu. I also use it with AKG 550 and it also sounds great. In fact, it made these sound more balanced than with the Lehmann Linear that I used to own. Certainly doesn't sound too bright to me. Sorry, I have not had a chance to hear the kit you listed.post #7869 of 78723/26/15 at 6:15pmQuote:
Just plug it in, the headphones will sound great and you will be able to appreciate the upgrade when you eventually do it.post #7870 of 78723/27/15 at 3:51pmQuote:
I've spent many hours listening to my LCD-2 through the Magni and they certainly play very well together. The brightness is largely tamed by the LCD-2 and the sound is super detailed and sweet.post #7871 of 78723/27/15 at 6:24pmpost #7872 of 78723/27/15 at 7:33pm
Waiting on some ADA4637-1BRZ opamps to roll into the underdog portable CAYIN C5 amp which powers my hard to drive 2.1's just fine at volume position 5/6 as a point of reference.
Low-end quality and heft/control supposed to get better vs stock opamp. Cheap upgrade - $20 + shipping.Quote:Originally Posted by AudioMan2013
So I ordered new op amps for this amp and made it sound fantastic - very smooth, detailed highs, tight bass with good quantity, and a bit of liquid 3d sound. I am using 2 ADA4637-1BRZ op amps and they sound fantastic. The ad8597 and the original TI OPA ones were a no go for my ears.
Edited by Lohb - Yesterday at 12:05 pm
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 52 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- ONLY 12 HOURS AWAY!!! 1 minute ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Help to choose headphone. Alternative to P7? Pair with DAC? 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica debuts three new pairs of headphones ATH-R70x,... 9 minutes ago
- › On Ear Headphones for 100$ 11 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 11 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2