Looks like Howard was pretty pleased he was on camera
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAudezetagged by System, 6/23/10
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/23/10
- productCavalli Audio Liquid Firetagged by System, 4/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/27/10
- productLeben CS-300Xtagged by System, 6/30/10
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 7/19/10
- productMeier Audio Concertotagged by System, 7/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- The absolute BEST amp for the LCD-3 (only vote if you have heard the mjolnir and at least one... Last post on 11/12/13 at 2:45pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 11/15/13 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Leben CS600 in DC area -- anyone with LCD2, T1, GS1000, HD800, 702 who wants to listen? Last post on 5/19/11 at 6:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here Last post on 11/22/11 at 8:45pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Are headphone amps frustrating and depressing? Last post on 7/12/11 at 3:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 - Page 322post #4816 of 69826/20/12 at 7:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4817 of 69826/21/12 at 5:34pmpost #4818 of 69826/28/12 at 10:44pmpost #4819 of 69826/29/12 at 6:09ampost #4820 of 69826/29/12 at 9:16amQuote:
Some people like the Icon HDP ($450) and the CEntrance DACmini ($800) with LCD-2s. I haven’t heard them personally, so it’s just to make you aware of those products (and maybe get people with first hand experience to comment on them).post #4821 of 69826/29/12 at 9:53am
The Icon HDP is an alright match for the LCD-2, and it keeps the dark flavor sometimes attributed to the cans, but you would do better with something that has more power and a neutral signature, e.g. the NFB-10SE. I enjoyed the HDP a lot more for my Denon D7000s than my LCD-2s.post #4822 of 69826/29/12 at 10:08ampost #4823 of 69826/29/12 at 10:29amQuote:
While this is not my go to set up for the LCD-2 (I prefer tubes or the power of the Pioneer SX1250), the ODAC+O2amp is a tough combo to beat on a budget, and if you get individual units it can be a good transportable rig (I can fit it and the LCD-2's in the LCD travel case) if you have a laptop as a source.post #4824 of 69826/29/12 at 10:56amQuote:
Sounds fantastic with mine. The big rig does offer a little more, but if I had to, I could certainly live with the O2, ODAC, and LCD-2.post #4825 of 69826/29/12 at 12:02pmQuote:
Could I get some background on the ODAC and O2? I am unfamiliar with them.
Thanks!post #4826 of 69826/29/12 at 1:31pmQuote:
They're a DAC & amp designed with measurements in mind. I can't link you, but if you google it you should be able to find them.post #4827 of 69826/29/12 at 6:10pmQuote:
Looks good. Backordered I see. The good ones always seem to be!post #4828 of 69826/29/12 at 7:22pmpost #4829 of 69826/29/12 at 7:33pmpost #4830 of 69827/2/12 at 8:23am
I’m considering buying a pair of Audeze LCD-2’s. I use an older Mcintosh intergraded amp as a headphone amp. I also listen to vinyl.
Does anyone have experience with this set up using the LCD-2’s?
Most reviews use a separate headphone amp with digital music. I'm using Senn HD650's now
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › [Review] Sennheiser IE800: Appreciation, Frustration and a bunch of... 18 seconds ago
- › Looking for a "fun" IEM 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 7 minutes ago
- › Looking for headphones for metal music; my budget is $0 - 300 7 minutes ago
- › Sell Cvv All Country >>> Fresh And Cheap 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi