Looks like Howard was pretty pleased he was on camera
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAudezetagged by System, 6/22/10
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/10
- productCavalli Audio Liquid Firetagged by System, 4/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/27/10
- productLeben CS-300Xtagged by System, 6/30/10
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 7/19/10
- productMeier Audio Concertotagged by System, 7/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 8/4/15 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The absolute BEST amp for the LCD-3 (only vote if you have heard the mjolnir and at least one... Last post on 11/12/15 at 7:08am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 10/9/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Leben CS600 in DC area -- anyone with LCD2, T1, GS1000, HD800, 702 who wants to listen? Last post on 2/20/15 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here Last post on 11/22/11 at 8:45pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 - Page 322post #4816 of 86606/20/12 at 7:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4817 of 86606/21/12 at 5:34pmpost #4818 of 86606/28/12 at 10:44pmpost #4819 of 86606/29/12 at 6:09ampost #4820 of 86606/29/12 at 9:16amQuote:
Some people like the Icon HDP ($450) and the CEntrance DACmini ($800) with LCD-2s. I haven’t heard them personally, so it’s just to make you aware of those products (and maybe get people with first hand experience to comment on them).post #4821 of 86606/29/12 at 9:53am
The Icon HDP is an alright match for the LCD-2, and it keeps the dark flavor sometimes attributed to the cans, but you would do better with something that has more power and a neutral signature, e.g. the NFB-10SE. I enjoyed the HDP a lot more for my Denon D7000s than my LCD-2s.post #4822 of 86606/29/12 at 10:08ampost #4823 of 86606/29/12 at 10:29amQuote:
While this is not my go to set up for the LCD-2 (I prefer tubes or the power of the Pioneer SX1250), the ODAC+O2amp is a tough combo to beat on a budget, and if you get individual units it can be a good transportable rig (I can fit it and the LCD-2's in the LCD travel case) if you have a laptop as a source.post #4824 of 86606/29/12 at 10:56amQuote:
Sounds fantastic with mine. The big rig does offer a little more, but if I had to, I could certainly live with the O2, ODAC, and LCD-2.post #4825 of 86606/29/12 at 12:02pmQuote:
Could I get some background on the ODAC and O2? I am unfamiliar with them.
Thanks!post #4826 of 86606/29/12 at 1:31pmQuote:
They're a DAC & amp designed with measurements in mind. I can't link you, but if you google it you should be able to find them.post #4827 of 86606/29/12 at 6:10pmQuote:
Looks good. Backordered I see. The good ones always seem to be!post #4828 of 86606/29/12 at 7:22pmpost #4829 of 86606/29/12 at 7:33pmpost #4830 of 86607/2/12 at 8:23am
I’m considering buying a pair of Audeze LCD-2’s. I use an older Mcintosh intergraded amp as a headphone amp. I also listen to vinyl.
Does anyone have experience with this set up using the LCD-2’s?
Most reviews use a separate headphone amp with digital music. I'm using Senn HD650's now
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 13 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 15 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 30 seconds ago
- › Questyle QP1 35 seconds ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 44 seconds ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › What amplifier to get around 100 dollars? 4 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone 8 minutes ago
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...