Looks like Howard was pretty pleased he was on camera
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAudezetagged by System, 6/22/10
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/10
- productCavalli Audio Liquid Firetagged by System, 4/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/27/10
- productLeben CS-300Xtagged by System, 6/30/10
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 7/19/10
- productMeier Audio Concertotagged by System, 7/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 5/12/14 at 2:23am in High-end Audio Forum
- The absolute BEST amp for the LCD-3 (only vote if you have heard the mjolnir and at least one... Last post on 8/2/14 at 6:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 8/14/14 at 8:35am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Leben CS600 in DC area -- anyone with LCD2, T1, GS1000, HD800, 702 who wants to listen? Last post on 5/19/11 at 6:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here Last post on 11/22/11 at 8:45pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 - Page 322post #4816 of 76906/20/12 at 7:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4817 of 76906/21/12 at 5:34pmpost #4818 of 76906/28/12 at 10:44pmpost #4819 of 76906/29/12 at 6:09ampost #4820 of 76906/29/12 at 9:16amQuote:
Some people like the Icon HDP ($450) and the CEntrance DACmini ($800) with LCD-2s. I haven’t heard them personally, so it’s just to make you aware of those products (and maybe get people with first hand experience to comment on them).post #4821 of 76906/29/12 at 9:53am
The Icon HDP is an alright match for the LCD-2, and it keeps the dark flavor sometimes attributed to the cans, but you would do better with something that has more power and a neutral signature, e.g. the NFB-10SE. I enjoyed the HDP a lot more for my Denon D7000s than my LCD-2s.post #4822 of 76906/29/12 at 10:08ampost #4823 of 76906/29/12 at 10:29amQuote:
While this is not my go to set up for the LCD-2 (I prefer tubes or the power of the Pioneer SX1250), the ODAC+O2amp is a tough combo to beat on a budget, and if you get individual units it can be a good transportable rig (I can fit it and the LCD-2's in the LCD travel case) if you have a laptop as a source.post #4824 of 76906/29/12 at 10:56amQuote:
Sounds fantastic with mine. The big rig does offer a little more, but if I had to, I could certainly live with the O2, ODAC, and LCD-2.post #4825 of 76906/29/12 at 12:02pmQuote:
Could I get some background on the ODAC and O2? I am unfamiliar with them.
Thanks!post #4826 of 76906/29/12 at 1:31pmQuote:
They're a DAC & amp designed with measurements in mind. I can't link you, but if you google it you should be able to find them.post #4827 of 76906/29/12 at 6:10pmQuote:
Looks good. Backordered I see. The good ones always seem to be!post #4828 of 76906/29/12 at 7:22pmpost #4829 of 76906/29/12 at 7:33pmpost #4830 of 76907/2/12 at 8:23am
I’m considering buying a pair of Audeze LCD-2’s. I use an older Mcintosh intergraded amp as a headphone amp. I also listen to vinyl.
Does anyone have experience with this set up using the LCD-2’s?
Most reviews use a separate headphone amp with digital music. I'm using Senn HD650's now
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 8 seconds ago
- › Need an answer quick please!! 28 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 47 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.20 download and discussion 1 minute ago
- › SR60-Mod part II 1 minute ago
- › Music Streaming Service 2 minutes ago
- › What Happened to the JVC Marshmallow? 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)