Looks like Howard was pretty pleased he was on camera
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAudezetagged by System, 6/22/10
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/10
- productCavalli Audio Liquid Firetagged by System, 4/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/27/10
- productLeben CS-300Xtagged by System, 6/30/10
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 7/19/10
- productMeier Audio Concertotagged by System, 7/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 9/11/16 at 11:04am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The absolute BEST amp for the LCD-3 (only vote if you have heard the mjolnir and at least one... Last post on 11/12/15 at 7:08am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 10/9/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Leben CS600 in DC area -- anyone with LCD2, T1, GS1000, HD800, 702 who wants to listen? Last post on 2/20/15 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here Last post on 11/22/11 at 8:45pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Looking down at the vast landscape of Head-Fi and audio technology in general, I have noticed quite a few things over the past two years. Firstly, the crazy products,...
Introduction – It can be hard to find a rational reason to purchase a set of bookshelf speakers when there are so many fantastic computer out there that offer more features and similar sound...
Gear references Favourite: D2000 (balanced with sub-bass and upper-midrange emphasis) Neutrality: SRH940 (though with a slight treble emphasis) IEM reference: Aurisonics...
Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR-2 DAP Review And Impressions - Expatinjapan Head Pie Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2...
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 - Page 322post #4816 of 86996/20/12 at 7:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4817 of 86996/21/12 at 5:34pmpost #4818 of 86996/28/12 at 10:44pmpost #4819 of 86996/29/12 at 6:09ampost #4820 of 86996/29/12 at 9:16amQuote:
Some people like the Icon HDP ($450) and the CEntrance DACmini ($800) with LCD-2s. I haven’t heard them personally, so it’s just to make you aware of those products (and maybe get people with first hand experience to comment on them).post #4821 of 86996/29/12 at 9:53am
The Icon HDP is an alright match for the LCD-2, and it keeps the dark flavor sometimes attributed to the cans, but you would do better with something that has more power and a neutral signature, e.g. the NFB-10SE. I enjoyed the HDP a lot more for my Denon D7000s than my LCD-2s.post #4822 of 86996/29/12 at 10:08ampost #4823 of 86996/29/12 at 10:29amQuote:
While this is not my go to set up for the LCD-2 (I prefer tubes or the power of the Pioneer SX1250), the ODAC+O2amp is a tough combo to beat on a budget, and if you get individual units it can be a good transportable rig (I can fit it and the LCD-2's in the LCD travel case) if you have a laptop as a source.post #4824 of 86996/29/12 at 10:56amQuote:
Sounds fantastic with mine. The big rig does offer a little more, but if I had to, I could certainly live with the O2, ODAC, and LCD-2.post #4825 of 86996/29/12 at 12:02pmQuote:
Could I get some background on the ODAC and O2? I am unfamiliar with them.
Thanks!post #4826 of 86996/29/12 at 1:31pmQuote:
They're a DAC & amp designed with measurements in mind. I can't link you, but if you google it you should be able to find them.post #4827 of 86996/29/12 at 6:10pmQuote:
Looks good. Backordered I see. The good ones always seem to be!post #4828 of 86996/29/12 at 7:22pmpost #4829 of 86996/29/12 at 7:33pmpost #4830 of 86997/2/12 at 8:23am
I’m considering buying a pair of Audeze LCD-2’s. I use an older Mcintosh intergraded amp as a headphone amp. I also listen to vinyl.
Does anyone have experience with this set up using the LCD-2’s?
Most reviews use a separate headphone amp with digital music. I'm using Senn HD650's now
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 13 seconds ago
- › NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones 58 seconds ago
- › Hey guys - how can I connect a headphone amp to my audio interface? 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser debuts a bunch of new headphones at IFA 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 5 minutes ago
- › FS/FT: Philips Fidelio X1 (Excellent Condition, Stock and... 5 minutes ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 6 minutes ago
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Gigaset Earphones by B9Scrambler
- › OPPO HA-2 by ryanjsoo
- › TFZ Series 1 by Hisoundfi
- › LH Labs Geek Out V2+ by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...