lol. I still need to install the darn thing.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-gd Reference 5tagged by System, 7/26/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 7/15/10
- brandPS Audiotagged by System, 10/20/10
- productPS Audio - PerfectWave DACtagged by System, 10/20/10
- productReference Seventagged by System, 7/26/12
- categorySound Cardstagged by System, 7/22/10
- productWyred4Sound µDACtagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audio-GD Reference 5.2 (New Balanced 4x PCM1704UK DAC) Last post on 7/5/16 at 12:25pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Audio-gd Reference 7.1 vs Violectric v800 Last post on 9/4/12 at 7:38am in Dedicated Source Components
- Audio-gd NFB-17/NFB-17.2 Last post on 3/1/13 at 7:51pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Lite Dac-83 versus Audio GD Ref 7,8,9 Last post on 9/22/12 at 12:59pm in Dedicated Source Components
- To DAC or not to DAC Last post on 9/12/10 at 5:34pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite - Page 42post #616 of 16685/11/12 at 6:49pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #617 of 16685/11/12 at 7:00pmpost #618 of 16685/11/12 at 8:26pmQuote:
Quoted from Paul:
. . . there will always be differences of opinion and certainly we
cannot fix that - nor would we want to - however, we believe the
SQ issue is something we can start to control. The idea would
be the optimize the compilation code - because we believe the
changes we're hearing happen when we compile the code into
assembly language. By optimizing the compilation process we
can minimize the software jitter - and when we minimize software
jitter, it must sound better.
We just have to figure out how to measure the software jitter - and
I think we now have an idea of how to do that.
I believe we've made progress and had a possible breakthrough
this evening thanks to a visiting engineer who gave us a possible
simple solution. Our chief engineer Bob is on it probably next
week - this week we have to spend a lot of time with the engineer
we've hired to help - but I think we're on to something that should
allow the compiler to maximize sound quality on a consistent basis.
It's a subject near and dear to our hearts and we're working to get
closer - I think we're nearly there.
I think we figured it out, still working on the final details.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------post #619 of 16685/13/12 at 11:44ampost #620 of 16685/16/12 at 10:31pmpost #621 of 16685/17/12 at 12:44amI think I would rather not compare to anymore DAC's. The exception would be attending audio meets and discussing with other head-fiers on sound signature per DAC. I'm so happy to hear music in one of the best ways possible. Why use more money and time to compare other DAC's if you already enjoy what's in front of you? Don't answer that. The point is, PerfectWave DAC is that extraordinary.
Edited by gzone3lement - 5/17/12 at 12:49ampost #622 of 16685/17/12 at 6:28amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by gzone3lement
I think I would rather not compare to anymore DAC's. The exception would be attending audio meets and discussing with other head-fiers on sound signature per DAC. I'm so happy to hear music in one of the best ways possible. Why use more money and time to compare other DAC's if you already enjoy what's in front of you? Don't answer that. The point is, PerfectWave DAC is that extraordinary.
X2, plus not sure how much more I need to spend to give me a big jump other than different sound signature.post #623 of 16685/17/12 at 8:45pmpost #624 of 16685/17/12 at 9:18pmQuote:
Set to '100' (max) the unbalanced output voltage is 2.8v. This is doubled to 5.6v when using the balanced XLR outputs.post #625 of 16685/18/12 at 8:22amQuote:
Thanks! Is the XLR output adjustable (I'd like to reduce it)? How easy is this to do? Best to you.post #626 of 16685/18/12 at 8:38amThread StarterQuote:
yes, use touch console or am iDevice. The output level is the same for balanced and unbalanced out.post #627 of 16685/18/12 at 10:06amQuote:
Not only is it adjustable, it can be controlled via the remote control.post #628 of 16685/18/12 at 10:35amThread Starterpost #629 of 16685/18/12 at 11:04pm
That's great. I found out that on the Zodiac Antelope Gold you need to fiddle with a trimpot and a voltmeter (not a show-stopper, but a convenience thing).
And many DACs don't allow changes at all. Thanks for the quick info.post #630 of 16685/19/12 at 9:25amQuote:
Some DAC like Wadia have both. You have internal switches and volume control with the remote. The reason for this is because the volume control is in the digital domain and according to Wadia if you take the volume under 86 resolution start to be affected. The internal switches are to match the output voltage of the DAC as close to the input required in your pre-amp or amp then the digital volume control is used for fine tuning keeping it between 86 and 100.
- Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... just now
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 22 seconds ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 53 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Aiwa HP-500 (Working Transducer/Parts) 2 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › iPhone 7 Will Revolutionize Portable Audio for the First Time in a... 6 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear