You know what's scary, this guy isn't the only one building and selling potentially dangerous electronics. There's plenty out there just waiting to start a fire, or electrocute someone.
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
- Headphone Impedance
What did I just buy? 6DJ8/6AS7 Headphone amp on ebay... - Page 5
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
He had it back since Friday and the tracking showed this. For some reason eBay took their time and I had to send a few messages to them pointing out that it was in fact delivered. Until finally last night:
Thank you for writing eBay in regard to item #270553013841 (Audiophile
tube Headphone Amp. 6DJ8 6922 6ES8 6AS7 6080). I understand it can be
very frustrating to have to open case in the Resolution Center to get a
problem resolved, but we truly appreciate your cooperation.
I have good news! We were able to verify that the item was returned to
your seller. So, I have closed the case in your favor! Our system will
generate an automated email that says the same, but I wanted to take a
few moments and explain our decision in further detail.
We will be refunding you for the full amount of this transaction (the
cost of the item and the original shipping to you). You should see the
money in your PayPal account within 7 calendar days. If you do not have
a PayPal account you'll simply need to open one with your registered
eBay email address to claim the refund.
Yes! Received the Phenix G3-T7 two days ago. Doing some burn-in still but after 12+ hours it's sounding really nice.
Better than that piece of crap!!!!
I've posted some initial impressions on the Phenix thread.
I've also got a Bravo V.2 12AU7 on the way. It was silly cheap! I'm really wondering which I will like better. I still like my little CMOY, so I think essentially putting a tube before a CMOY like the Bravo does might should pretty nice.
Yes, happy ending. I hope your new amp continues to improve and ends up being totally satisfying. Hopefully no one else falls victim to that idiot's pitiful excuse of an amplifier.
What's his ebay account name? I'm curious to see if he's still trying to sell time bombs.
It seems this guy is infallible...he has 4 negative feedback reports and his answer to all of the complaints is the same arrogant BS......3 of the 4 complaints were DOA amps/tuners of some kind with the 4th an arcy sparky failure LOL..
Sheesh what a tool.
I actually filed a prohibited items report with eBay about this very item after reading about the OP's struggles; I can't stand this type of behavior by a seller, especially when it can put people's lives and homes at risk.
I e-mailed a detailed but short technical and objective explanation about why this type of flawed design is so dangerous and that it should not allowed to be sold on eBay as "new" gear. That is vintage gear can be offered under the pretext that it may not conform to current electrical and safety standards.
While I know eBay can't possibly investigate every case to their fullest extent due to the incredible amount of items being offered; I was quite dismayed that only hours after I filed my report I received this canned response. Which leads me to believe that not much time was invested on eBay's part to really evaluate the situation:
Thanks for reporting listing 270561315358 to us.
I investigated this listing and found that it didn't violate policy. To
protect the security and privacy of our members, I can't give you any
more details about why I made this decision.
In the future, try using the "Report item" link on the right side of the
listing. It's the fastest and easiest way to report a listing.
Thanks again for your report and also for your efforts in helping keep
the eBay Community safe.
eBay Customer Support
Hopefully this guy will be out after a few more inevitable negative feedbacks but not soon enough in my opinion. And BTW I did use the "Report item" link on the right side of the page...
I bet the ebay customer support personnel don't give a rat's ass as long as they get their money......They likely don't understand the technical side of the issue either. I'm glad the Op got his moeny back but feel sorry for the next sucker duped by this fellows dyslexic assemblies.
This guy may be out sooner than we think; Check out the new listing for the same amp:
I have just filed another report about his very improper use of profanity; this will get you kicked of eBay almost faster than anything else.
He may have just sealed his own fate!
- What did I just buy? 6DJ8/6AS7 Headphone amp on ebay...
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 4 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 20 seconds ago
- › Wanting some advice on what amp to drive current (DT-990 Pro /... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › Reviewers Wanted: Be One Of The First to Experience the RHA T10i 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 5 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 7 minutes ago
- › New to this community! Looking for $60 and less headphones..also... 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)