You know what's scary, this guy isn't the only one building and selling potentially dangerous electronics. There's plenty out there just waiting to start a fire, or electrocute someone.
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 7/16/15 at 1:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 7/21/15 at 11:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
- Headphone Impedance
What did I just buy? 6DJ8/6AS7 Headphone amp on ebay... - Page 5
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
He had it back since Friday and the tracking showed this. For some reason eBay took their time and I had to send a few messages to them pointing out that it was in fact delivered. Until finally last night:
Thank you for writing eBay in regard to item #270553013841 (Audiophile
tube Headphone Amp. 6DJ8 6922 6ES8 6AS7 6080). I understand it can be
very frustrating to have to open case in the Resolution Center to get a
problem resolved, but we truly appreciate your cooperation.
I have good news! We were able to verify that the item was returned to
your seller. So, I have closed the case in your favor! Our system will
generate an automated email that says the same, but I wanted to take a
few moments and explain our decision in further detail.
We will be refunding you for the full amount of this transaction (the
cost of the item and the original shipping to you). You should see the
money in your PayPal account within 7 calendar days. If you do not have
a PayPal account you'll simply need to open one with your registered
eBay email address to claim the refund.
Yes! Received the Phenix G3-T7 two days ago. Doing some burn-in still but after 12+ hours it's sounding really nice.
Better than that piece of crap!!!!
I've posted some initial impressions on the Phenix thread.
I've also got a Bravo V.2 12AU7 on the way. It was silly cheap! I'm really wondering which I will like better. I still like my little CMOY, so I think essentially putting a tube before a CMOY like the Bravo does might should pretty nice.
Yes, happy ending. I hope your new amp continues to improve and ends up being totally satisfying. Hopefully no one else falls victim to that idiot's pitiful excuse of an amplifier.
What's his ebay account name? I'm curious to see if he's still trying to sell time bombs.
It seems this guy is infallible...he has 4 negative feedback reports and his answer to all of the complaints is the same arrogant BS......3 of the 4 complaints were DOA amps/tuners of some kind with the 4th an arcy sparky failure LOL..
Sheesh what a tool.
I actually filed a prohibited items report with eBay about this very item after reading about the OP's struggles; I can't stand this type of behavior by a seller, especially when it can put people's lives and homes at risk.
I e-mailed a detailed but short technical and objective explanation about why this type of flawed design is so dangerous and that it should not allowed to be sold on eBay as "new" gear. That is vintage gear can be offered under the pretext that it may not conform to current electrical and safety standards.
While I know eBay can't possibly investigate every case to their fullest extent due to the incredible amount of items being offered; I was quite dismayed that only hours after I filed my report I received this canned response. Which leads me to believe that not much time was invested on eBay's part to really evaluate the situation:
Thanks for reporting listing 270561315358 to us.
I investigated this listing and found that it didn't violate policy. To
protect the security and privacy of our members, I can't give you any
more details about why I made this decision.
In the future, try using the "Report item" link on the right side of the
listing. It's the fastest and easiest way to report a listing.
Thanks again for your report and also for your efforts in helping keep
the eBay Community safe.
eBay Customer Support
Hopefully this guy will be out after a few more inevitable negative feedbacks but not soon enough in my opinion. And BTW I did use the "Report item" link on the right side of the page...
I bet the ebay customer support personnel don't give a rat's ass as long as they get their money......They likely don't understand the technical side of the issue either. I'm glad the Op got his moeny back but feel sorry for the next sucker duped by this fellows dyslexic assemblies.
This guy may be out sooner than we think; Check out the new listing for the same amp:
I have just filed another report about his very improper use of profanity; this will get you kicked of eBay almost faster than anything else.
He may have just sealed his own fate!
- What did I just buy? 6DJ8/6AS7 Headphone amp on ebay...
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Help on portable headphone amp - Turning a Sennheiser G3 into IFB... 6 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE-x Pro Custom; Appreciation, Review & Discussion... 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 2 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2