You know what's scary, this guy isn't the only one building and selling potentially dangerous electronics. There's plenty out there just waiting to start a fire, or electrocute someone.
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
- Headphone Impedance
What did I just buy? 6DJ8/6AS7 Headphone amp on ebay... - Page 5
He had it back since Friday and the tracking showed this. For some reason eBay took their time and I had to send a few messages to them pointing out that it was in fact delivered. Until finally last night:
Thank you for writing eBay in regard to item #270553013841 (Audiophile
tube Headphone Amp. 6DJ8 6922 6ES8 6AS7 6080). I understand it can be
very frustrating to have to open case in the Resolution Center to get a
problem resolved, but we truly appreciate your cooperation.
I have good news! We were able to verify that the item was returned to
your seller. So, I have closed the case in your favor! Our system will
generate an automated email that says the same, but I wanted to take a
few moments and explain our decision in further detail.
We will be refunding you for the full amount of this transaction (the
cost of the item and the original shipping to you). You should see the
money in your PayPal account within 7 calendar days. If you do not have
a PayPal account you'll simply need to open one with your registered
eBay email address to claim the refund.
Yes! Received the Phenix G3-T7 two days ago. Doing some burn-in still but after 12+ hours it's sounding really nice.
Better than that piece of crap!!!!
I've posted some initial impressions on the Phenix thread.
I've also got a Bravo V.2 12AU7 on the way. It was silly cheap! I'm really wondering which I will like better. I still like my little CMOY, so I think essentially putting a tube before a CMOY like the Bravo does might should pretty nice.
Yes, happy ending. I hope your new amp continues to improve and ends up being totally satisfying. Hopefully no one else falls victim to that idiot's pitiful excuse of an amplifier.
What's his ebay account name? I'm curious to see if he's still trying to sell time bombs.
It seems this guy is infallible...he has 4 negative feedback reports and his answer to all of the complaints is the same arrogant BS......3 of the 4 complaints were DOA amps/tuners of some kind with the 4th an arcy sparky failure LOL..
Sheesh what a tool.
I actually filed a prohibited items report with eBay about this very item after reading about the OP's struggles; I can't stand this type of behavior by a seller, especially when it can put people's lives and homes at risk.
I e-mailed a detailed but short technical and objective explanation about why this type of flawed design is so dangerous and that it should not allowed to be sold on eBay as "new" gear. That is vintage gear can be offered under the pretext that it may not conform to current electrical and safety standards.
While I know eBay can't possibly investigate every case to their fullest extent due to the incredible amount of items being offered; I was quite dismayed that only hours after I filed my report I received this canned response. Which leads me to believe that not much time was invested on eBay's part to really evaluate the situation:
Thanks for reporting listing 270561315358 to us.
I investigated this listing and found that it didn't violate policy. To
protect the security and privacy of our members, I can't give you any
more details about why I made this decision.
In the future, try using the "Report item" link on the right side of the
listing. It's the fastest and easiest way to report a listing.
Thanks again for your report and also for your efforts in helping keep
the eBay Community safe.
eBay Customer Support
Hopefully this guy will be out after a few more inevitable negative feedbacks but not soon enough in my opinion. And BTW I did use the "Report item" link on the right side of the page...
I bet the ebay customer support personnel don't give a rat's ass as long as they get their money......They likely don't understand the technical side of the issue either. I'm glad the Op got his moeny back but feel sorry for the next sucker duped by this fellows dyslexic assemblies.
This guy may be out sooner than we think; Check out the new listing for the same amp:
I have just filed another report about his very improper use of profanity; this will get you kicked of eBay almost faster than anything else.
He may have just sealed his own fate!
- What did I just buy? 6DJ8/6AS7 Headphone amp on ebay...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Anybody use E17 DAC with O2 amp? 3 seconds ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 25 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 47 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › IEM High Volume Accident 3 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)