- I generate test tone using Audacity (freeware), in this case I created 100Hz sine wave.
- Created one for left channel, the another one for right channel.
- When I play the left channel track, I can hear that track softly from the right driver of the M50. To make sure, I just listen to the right driver of the M50, move away the left driver from my ear, and then I play and stop the left track test tone a few times, and yes, there is a bit of the left track tone I can hear softly on the right driver.
- I do the other way, playing the right track test tone, I could hear the same crosstalk on the left driver.
- I tested a few IEMs, no crosstalk heard.
- Initially I use PC with firewire interface (Saffire LE), and I transfer the test tone trakcs to iPod, and do the same test, same result, I can hear some crosstalk with M50, but none with IEMs.
- I borrow my friend's newly bought M50, did the same test, I can hear the same crosstalk.
Any M50 users here experience crosstalk with ATH-M50?
Did Audio Technica put somekind of crossfeed circuit in M50?
Here is 440Hz test tone for your convenience:
440Hz Test Tone