- 84 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: hk
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 850post #12736 of 168381/25/14 at 8:22am3.a.i not bad at all compare to w4 , i prefer the 3ai . bass is kind of like x10 but tighter and fast , soundstage a little bit smaller than w4 but surrounding is very similar , easy to drive , mids is like w4 , vocal not very close but not far , the only problem is the treble more smooth and laidback than w4 , make it not suitable for edm , but quite gd in rock and live performance , isolation better than w4 ,overall is kind of neutral but with very little bass boost , bass and mids detail good but for treble , a bit lack in detail
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12737 of 168381/25/14 at 4:07pmThread StarterQuote:
I would go for the S2 then. Not so much for the sound (although I like the S2 a little more) but more because it has a nicer construction (mostly metal vs metal+plastic on the S1) and more eartips. Fit is very important with the S1/S2 - they are pretty picky about seal.Quote:Originally Posted by Ellis
So I've been listening to music all morning with my SS Flux and Klipsch tips - it's a massive improvement over the stock tips. I've yet to test them properly (i.e. walking around outside) but I see no reason why they shouldn't be fine in all environments. It's just a shame that the stock tips seem so rubbish, because otherwise it's a great pair of IEMs for the price.
Thanks for the recommendation Joker. I can recommend the same to anyone else having issues with the fit of the original tips.
Glad to hear it! I hope others who have the same issue will come across this information .Quote:Originally Posted by cibibikeru
I bought the Flux and have been listening to them for a while, I like them more than MH1, Flux seems more balanced, mids and treble are more present but not disturbing. I've been reading a lot about iem and sound signatures, of all the IEMs I owned, I really loved the Brainwavz M1, the Vsonic GR04 Flagship (apart from sibilance), the Sony MH1 and now the Flux. I also listened to Shure SE215 but for 5min, really smooth except for not that present treble, soundstage . I like the full bodied sound, smooth, without anythig in particular to disturb your ears (harsh treble, sibilance, too much bass, too much mids, to much lower treble etc.).
I guess that puts me somewhere between warm and smooth and balanced? Now I'm even considering an upgrade to the Flux.
I read about the Fiio X3 DAP these days, is it worth 200$ as upgrade to the clip+ ? Would I hear a noticeable difference in SQ with the Steelseries Flux for example or do I have to also buy 100-200$ IEMs to hear something?
I haven't tried the GR04 but I'm a big fan of the M1, MH1, and Flux. I don't consider the SE215 an upgrade over the Flux or MH1, personally. It sounds like you enjoy a *slightly* warm signature.
I haven't tried the X3 at length but I doubt it's necessary for an entry-level dynamic IEM. A rockboxed clip+ works great as far as I'm concerned. The Flux is not very efficient but it's not picky when it comes to source. Some other IEMs are (BAs often more so than dynamics), but with the Flux as long as you get sufficient volume from your device you should be good.post #12738 of 168381/25/14 at 11:07pm
just how much of a sonic upgrade is the EPH-100 over the SE215?
i can't decide between the two... what draws me about the SE215 is the design,
and the EPH-100 sounds like it fits my sound preference exactly...post #12739 of 168381/25/14 at 11:43pmpost #12740 of 168381/26/14 at 7:54ampost #12741 of 168381/26/14 at 1:38pmThread StarterQuote:
I'm not a fan of either compared to the similarly-priced VSonic VC1000 and modded Rock-It R-50.post #12742 of 168381/26/14 at 1:40pmpost #12743 of 168381/26/14 at 2:47pmpost #12744 of 168381/26/14 at 6:18pmThread Starterpost #12745 of 168381/26/14 at 7:19pmpost #12746 of 168381/26/14 at 8:17pmpost #12747 of 168381/26/14 at 9:19pmThread Starter
The M6 would be my recommendation as well. Some of the colors are less than $20 on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-Sport-Fi-Noise-Isolating-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0038W0K2U and you can find more cheap ones on ebay.post #12748 of 168381/26/14 at 9:28pmQuote:
thanks! that's easy. thought it was something more seriouspost #12749 of 168381/26/14 at 9:40pmpost #12750 of 168381/26/14 at 11:54pmQuote:
How about the xiaomi pistons 2. http://www.ibuygou.com/p-original_xiaomi_piston_earphone_updated_version_brown-5708-usd.html
There is a great hype going on about them at the discovery thread. Haven't got them myself, but respected heafiers are praising them.
I'm curious to how joker would rate them, but reading this thread makes it obvious there are far more iems in line waiting to being reviewed.
Edited by Pastapipo - 1/26/14 at 11:57pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › La Figaro 339 1 minute ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX200 Firmware Modification Project 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 2 minutes ago
- › IC: hd800 MINT, no cable (possible draug 2c) 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 6 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 6 minutes ago
- › Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line... 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 7 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-7200 10 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear