- 84 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: hk
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
Deep, Dark but not Handsome?! Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank Pandora for sending these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from an objective...
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 850post #12736 of 168021/25/14 at 8:22am3.a.i not bad at all compare to w4 , i prefer the 3ai . bass is kind of like x10 but tighter and fast , soundstage a little bit smaller than w4 but surrounding is very similar , easy to drive , mids is like w4 , vocal not very close but not far , the only problem is the treble more smooth and laidback than w4 , make it not suitable for edm , but quite gd in rock and live performance , isolation better than w4 ,overall is kind of neutral but with very little bass boost , bass and mids detail good but for treble , a bit lack in detail
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12737 of 168021/25/14 at 4:07pmThread StarterQuote:
I would go for the S2 then. Not so much for the sound (although I like the S2 a little more) but more because it has a nicer construction (mostly metal vs metal+plastic on the S1) and more eartips. Fit is very important with the S1/S2 - they are pretty picky about seal.Quote:Originally Posted by Ellis
So I've been listening to music all morning with my SS Flux and Klipsch tips - it's a massive improvement over the stock tips. I've yet to test them properly (i.e. walking around outside) but I see no reason why they shouldn't be fine in all environments. It's just a shame that the stock tips seem so rubbish, because otherwise it's a great pair of IEMs for the price.
Thanks for the recommendation Joker. I can recommend the same to anyone else having issues with the fit of the original tips.
Glad to hear it! I hope others who have the same issue will come across this information .Quote:Originally Posted by cibibikeru
I bought the Flux and have been listening to them for a while, I like them more than MH1, Flux seems more balanced, mids and treble are more present but not disturbing. I've been reading a lot about iem and sound signatures, of all the IEMs I owned, I really loved the Brainwavz M1, the Vsonic GR04 Flagship (apart from sibilance), the Sony MH1 and now the Flux. I also listened to Shure SE215 but for 5min, really smooth except for not that present treble, soundstage . I like the full bodied sound, smooth, without anythig in particular to disturb your ears (harsh treble, sibilance, too much bass, too much mids, to much lower treble etc.).
I guess that puts me somewhere between warm and smooth and balanced? Now I'm even considering an upgrade to the Flux.
I read about the Fiio X3 DAP these days, is it worth 200$ as upgrade to the clip+ ? Would I hear a noticeable difference in SQ with the Steelseries Flux for example or do I have to also buy 100-200$ IEMs to hear something?
I haven't tried the GR04 but I'm a big fan of the M1, MH1, and Flux. I don't consider the SE215 an upgrade over the Flux or MH1, personally. It sounds like you enjoy a *slightly* warm signature.
I haven't tried the X3 at length but I doubt it's necessary for an entry-level dynamic IEM. A rockboxed clip+ works great as far as I'm concerned. The Flux is not very efficient but it's not picky when it comes to source. Some other IEMs are (BAs often more so than dynamics), but with the Flux as long as you get sufficient volume from your device you should be good.post #12738 of 168021/25/14 at 11:07pm
just how much of a sonic upgrade is the EPH-100 over the SE215?
i can't decide between the two... what draws me about the SE215 is the design,
and the EPH-100 sounds like it fits my sound preference exactly...post #12739 of 168021/25/14 at 11:43pmpost #12740 of 168021/26/14 at 7:54ampost #12741 of 168021/26/14 at 1:38pmThread StarterQuote:
I'm not a fan of either compared to the similarly-priced VSonic VC1000 and modded Rock-It R-50.post #12742 of 168021/26/14 at 1:40pmpost #12743 of 168021/26/14 at 2:47pmpost #12744 of 168021/26/14 at 6:18pmThread Starterpost #12745 of 168021/26/14 at 7:19pmpost #12746 of 168021/26/14 at 8:17pmpost #12747 of 168021/26/14 at 9:19pmThread Starter
The M6 would be my recommendation as well. Some of the colors are less than $20 on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-Sport-Fi-Noise-Isolating-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0038W0K2U and you can find more cheap ones on ebay.post #12748 of 168021/26/14 at 9:28pmQuote:
thanks! that's easy. thought it was something more seriouspost #12749 of 168021/26/14 at 9:40pmpost #12750 of 168021/26/14 at 11:54pmQuote:
How about the xiaomi pistons 2. http://www.ibuygou.com/p-original_xiaomi_piston_earphone_updated_version_brown-5708-usd.html
There is a great hype going on about them at the discovery thread. Haven't got them myself, but respected heafiers are praising them.
I'm curious to how joker would rate them, but reading this thread makes it obvious there are far more iems in line waiting to being reviewed.
Edited by Pastapipo - 1/26/14 at 11:57pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 30 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sacramento Mini meet 2 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 2 minutes ago
- › Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free 2 minutes ago
- › Inbetween the HE-400i and the Sennheiser 600s 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 CS Closed Back 3 minutes ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 4 minutes ago
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear