My only complaint is they seem to be permanently stuck in my head...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help finding IEMs or headphones under $800. Big soundstage, rich vocals, slightly sparkling highs Last post on 9/9/12 at 9:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Customs on customs! Last post on 5/30/12 at 12:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
ACS T1 Custom Review and impressions thread! - Page 23
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I sometimes do as well, but if that actually happened then it probably would turn into a totally different thing altogether. It ain't broke, so why fix it, right?
And how would they not be lol? With those waving flags they pretty much turned into ear jewellery. The currently available aesthetic choices are rather limited compared to acrylic counterparts, so I'm glad to see that ACS has been kicking around
Adam already has my molds so the turn around time should be a week or so.
Thanks to all for te feedback. I have read so
Many reviews on so Many IEM it gets confusing. But the personal feed back is wonderful!!
+1...That's why they are stuck in my head and not in my hand to enjoy the flags...
Speaking of which....
Smoke or clear?
The T1's are the most natural customs I have heard, as for the ER4S comparison , well, the Etys remain my favorite IEM. I am absolutely convinced now, having owned a few multi armature customs that more drivers definitely does not mean a better sound. I've an old pioneer spec1 at home that I use solely for the ER4s that is staggeringly good with them, it takes my breath away and I am astonished that they have only one driver per ear the sound is so rich from this amp!
Edited by mark_h - 2/28/13 at 12:11pm
Not the usual comparison, but I have my T1's with me as usual this week while traveling and I brought along my HD800's too.
Both are fantastically detailed, but the HD800's have their massive soundstage and the T1's are more intimate of a setting.
Fostex HP-P1 drives both with no problem. IPC is all AIFF lossless. Toxic Cable 99% Silver/1% Gold LOD (Made in Kent, UK!)
Listening to Karnivool's Sound Awake album....Sweet night!
Edited by longbowbbs - 5/4/13 at 4:27pm
Hmmm well I'm certainly looking forwards to comparing the HD800 and T1s once mine arrive. (and the W1000X if anyone is interested),
Quick question: Can a galaxy S3 drive these to reasonable levels unamped?
Don't know about the Galaxy. My iPhone 5 usually is plenty loud at about 75% of max volume with the T1's
I never go beyond 40% with the T1 and an iPhone. Please be careful with your hearing.
I am usually at about halfway. Anything above 75% is more than normally use.
OK, here they are, only days old, my new T1's --- I added some special art work into the mold as well. Been using for a couple of days. I am told that "longbowbbs" was the first to have art molded in. Adam said I was # 2. As with "mark_h" I'll be comparing the ETY ER-4 and the T1. Seems the T1 has a much bigger sound, like at a large club or concert. Whereas the ETY ER-4 gives me that intimate sound studio detail. Both have great sound, albeit different, as I have read and now have experienced personally. I want to thank all those that have put in so much time to offer reviews and opinions! ... I have read nearly everything!!! You are a special group!! Also, a special thanks to Adam at ACS. His attention to detail and customer service was fantastic and appreciated!
About volume - I usually am at about 60 - 75% on my ipod. I am at about 30 - 40% using my Fii0 E11. Beyond that is crazy... At very low volumes the sound seems to suffer, i.e. I don't get the dynamics and detail.
Anyway, thanks to all!!!
- ACS T1 Custom Review and impressions thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 23 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 57 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX50 + Rockbox finally here (Latest Update: 2014-06-30) 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Neutron vs Poweramp 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 4 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)