Related Forum Threads
- headphone upgrade help! Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Old headphones with new stereo receiver. ***UPDATED*** Last post on 7/22/11 at 11:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- The beautiful AKG. No review just *** lots of pictures *** Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Ety's ruined my AD700s :O Last post on 5/7/11 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was invited by Noontec to write a honest review of their Hammo S headphone. I tend to be very skeptical about lower-priced headphones, since the bottom tier of headphones/speakers tend to...
RHA T20 Review Tour Many thanks to RHA and forum member Rearwing for arranging the tour and the generosity of a 10-day listening period (my suspicion though is to pass some thanks to reviewer...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
I originally bought these after my earphones that came with my phone broke. After receiving these I was extremely pleased with the bass: it was boomy, punchy and felt powerful. These were also very...
I am an amateur recording engineer that mainly uses a laptop pc on location with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. The bus power is no doubt as noisy as a baby with a full diaper that's up way past...
Balanced K702 - how does SAA do it? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 513/14/10 at 10:26pm
If you look properly, there are arrows indicating what the ground, and left+/- and right +/- are attached to.
The ground is attached to the shield, and the left-/right- signals are not joined.
The arrows are actually pointing away from the ground wires.
This would do the same as joining the left+/right+.
The fact is that you need four channels for a balanced headphone.
If it is connected by 3 wires to the cable, it is not balanced.post #48 of 513/14/10 at 10:28pmHeadroom diagram is spot-on. It's obvious you need two wires per channel. It's not possible to have "balanced" headphones with only three wires, not you can connect together any of those 4 wires (and neither you can involve ground with any of them). To do so will at least make the amp not work correctly and at worst damage it permanently.post #49 of 513/14/10 at 10:37pmpost #50 of 517/29/10 at 3:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by WirBrauchenBass
i've recently started looking into balancing headphones and though i don't actually plan on buying anything anytime soon, this has come to my attention:
stefan audio art offers a detachable balanced replacement cable for the AKG K702 that simply plugs in the original mini-xlr connector. no soldering, no dual-entry - I like that (maybe apart from the price...).
however, as far as my limited understanding of the technical aspects goes, that shouldn't turn them into a balanced headphone, as both drivers still use the same common ground - or am i missing something here?Quote:Quote:
If you truly understood what a "balanced" headphone was, you'd know that the bu****it started way before we got to the headphone cable.post #51 of 515/25/13 at 8:46pm
- Balanced K702 - how does SAA do it?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 2891 Active Users (575 Members and 2316 Guests)
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 48 seconds ago
- › Sold my HD800s and looking to get an open-back headphone for under... 1 minute ago
- › Wide Soundstage Open-back Headphones Under $500? 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs Element 5 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › RHA T20 by LFC_SL
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)