Related Forum Threads
- headphone upgrade help! Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Old headphones with new stereo receiver. ***UPDATED*** Last post on 7/22/11 at 11:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- The beautiful AKG. No review just *** lots of pictures *** Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Ety's ruined my AD700s :O Last post on 5/7/11 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero By NLNH around April 16th. I received...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
These headphones need to be amped. If you choose to use them without doing so, they will sound weak and lifeless. The complaints I read about seem to me to be with people that haven't synergized...
For my taste are too analitical cans.I try to remove the high frequencies sibiling using several different tips...shure triple compy foam....nothing they remain too harsh for my tasty. I also...
Balanced K702 - how does SAA do it? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 513/14/10 at 10:26pm
If you look properly, there are arrows indicating what the ground, and left+/- and right +/- are attached to.
The ground is attached to the shield, and the left-/right- signals are not joined.
The arrows are actually pointing away from the ground wires.
This would do the same as joining the left+/right+.
The fact is that you need four channels for a balanced headphone.
If it is connected by 3 wires to the cable, it is not balanced.post #48 of 513/14/10 at 10:28pmHeadroom diagram is spot-on. It's obvious you need two wires per channel. It's not possible to have "balanced" headphones with only three wires, not you can connect together any of those 4 wires (and neither you can involve ground with any of them). To do so will at least make the amp not work correctly and at worst damage it permanently.post #49 of 513/14/10 at 10:37pmpost #50 of 517/29/10 at 3:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by WirBrauchenBass
i've recently started looking into balancing headphones and though i don't actually plan on buying anything anytime soon, this has come to my attention:
stefan audio art offers a detachable balanced replacement cable for the AKG K702 that simply plugs in the original mini-xlr connector. no soldering, no dual-entry - I like that (maybe apart from the price...).
however, as far as my limited understanding of the technical aspects goes, that shouldn't turn them into a balanced headphone, as both drivers still use the same common ground - or am i missing something here?Quote:Quote:
If you truly understood what a "balanced" headphone was, you'd know that the bu****it started way before we got to the headphone cable.post #51 of 515/25/13 at 8:46pm
- Balanced K702 - how does SAA do it?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 2475 Active Users (457 Members and 2018 Guests)
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 41 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 1 minute ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 1 minute ago
- › Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 3 minutes ago
- › FS: 64 Audio A12 (local pickup Bay Area or WU) 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 6 minutes ago
- › Lear NS-U1 NatroSound's Impression + Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 minutes ago
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...