Related Forum Threads
- headphone upgrade help! Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Old headphones with new stereo receiver. ***UPDATED*** Last post on 7/22/11 at 11:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- The beautiful AKG. No review just *** lots of pictures *** Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Ety's ruined my AD700s :O Last post on 5/7/11 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Xduoo X3 review : After two months of daily use, the Xduoo X3 give me already enough pleasure to make me want to share my enthusiast impressions about him to headfiers around the...
Coming from Sennheiser HD-600, 580s, Ety ER-4s, Fiio X1s, AKG 701s, Momentum 2.0s, etc. I didn't know exactly what to expect out of this headphones. They are, after all, Sonys. And Sony can build...
Review: Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone Touch Panel Control activated Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is...
Balanced K702 - how does SAA do it? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 513/14/10 at 10:26pm
If you look properly, there are arrows indicating what the ground, and left+/- and right +/- are attached to.
The ground is attached to the shield, and the left-/right- signals are not joined.
The arrows are actually pointing away from the ground wires.
This would do the same as joining the left+/right+.
The fact is that you need four channels for a balanced headphone.
If it is connected by 3 wires to the cable, it is not balanced.post #48 of 513/14/10 at 10:28pmHeadroom diagram is spot-on. It's obvious you need two wires per channel. It's not possible to have "balanced" headphones with only three wires, not you can connect together any of those 4 wires (and neither you can involve ground with any of them). To do so will at least make the amp not work correctly and at worst damage it permanently.post #49 of 513/14/10 at 10:37pmpost #50 of 517/29/10 at 3:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by WirBrauchenBass
i've recently started looking into balancing headphones and though i don't actually plan on buying anything anytime soon, this has come to my attention:
stefan audio art offers a detachable balanced replacement cable for the AKG K702 that simply plugs in the original mini-xlr connector. no soldering, no dual-entry - I like that (maybe apart from the price...).
however, as far as my limited understanding of the technical aspects goes, that shouldn't turn them into a balanced headphone, as both drivers still use the same common ground - or am i missing something here?Quote:Quote:
If you truly understood what a "balanced" headphone was, you'd know that the bu****it started way before we got to the headphone cable.post #51 of 515/25/13 at 8:46pm
- Balanced K702 - how does SAA do it?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 0 Active Users (0 Members and 0 Guests)
- › V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos,... 5 seconds ago
- › Tennmak 19 seconds ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 56 seconds ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 1 minute ago
- › Is this how EQ is supposed to work? 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › Linum Bax MMCX 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...