It just seems that some here are looking for a religious experience when they slide them on....the hand of God reaching down evoking them to speak in tongues or something. For me, it is clearly the best Ive heard. That IS worth $1400. Unfortunately, I can't afford that right now.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Position of Headphones on my head just ruined Head-fi for me Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flat response graph headphones vs the real thing and speakers Last post on 10/3/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
Is the HD800 overpriced? - Page 20post #286 of 6846/24/10 at 12:49pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #287 of 6846/24/10 at 12:53pmpost #288 of 6846/24/10 at 1:25pm
From his sig, it looks like he's feeding his M^3 with a MacBook; I'd say try it with a different source, the HD800's are very revealing of everything in the signal path, from source thru to amp.
"Home rig: Macbook pro 13 -> Amb m^3 -> HD 800 "
post #289 of 6846/24/10 at 1:49pm
I have the HD800, the PS1000 and the T1. Each is great in some area.
The HD800 is really fast and has a luxurious soundstage. Imaging and placement are terrific. The HD800 is amazingly revealing, so much so that I not only hear off-mic coughs and comments but even stuff I'd never have thought about. My craziest revelation was Jimi Hendrix snorking some snot, off-mic, on Foxy Lady. I always thought the cough came from the drag off that cigarette but the HD800 reveals otherwise.
The PS1000, with its HF extension and filter-free Grado sound, lacks the sense of soundstage I get from the HD800, though it also feels like there's nothing between me and the music. It costs $,1700.
The T1 is a neutral can, like the HD800, with a warmer sound signature and a smaller soundstage. It has a very sweet presentation, though the mids are not as lush as ton he HD800. It costs $1,300.
I don't have a favorite headphone but I love the HD800 - WHICH I PUMP THROUGH MY M^3 WITH STEPS. The M^3 has plenty of power but mine has a variable bass boost. If I get a track which seems overly cold or lacking in thump, I just dial up the bass. The sound is so good, there are tracks on which you'll practically crap your pants.
Bring extra underwear.post #290 of 6846/24/10 at 1:54pmQuote:
Yes, they are technically impressive compare to the Sextetts : )post #291 of 6846/24/10 at 1:58pmpost #292 of 6846/24/10 at 2:00pmpost #293 of 6846/24/10 at 5:21pmpost #294 of 6846/24/10 at 6:13pmQuote:
Yeah. My puncture wound has healed nicely... thanks.
Now I can enjoy these HD800's to the fullest. The wound was worth it.
post #295 of 6846/24/10 at 8:06pmQuote:
Worth it for me too.
post #296 of 6846/24/10 at 10:53pmQuote:
Ya, I did afford them, but I don't get to live in the Santa Cruz Mountains like you, and I have looked into it over the years. Very nice.
Edit-and yes they are worth it.-see below......
current set up-Macbook Pro with Amarra Mini->PSaudio Digital Link highly modified->Eddie Current Zana Duex OLT->HD800 with full size DHC Complement Recable.
Edited by dallan - 6/24/10 at 10:58pmpost #297 of 6846/24/10 at 11:04pmpost #298 of 6846/25/10 at 12:38am
Overpriced for what it is, and that's why you're starting to see them on the FS lately, I'd consider buying one if.
A. It came in black.
B. I had a job.
But then again i could get some brilliant speakers for the same price, which would surely beat them in performance and sound stage.
Edited by Kuze - 6/25/10 at 12:43ampost #299 of 6846/25/10 at 2:54ampost #300 of 6846/25/10 at 3:06amQuote:
what do you mean, where does it stand when compared to HD650 and HD800
- Is the HD800 overpriced?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › HD600 cable upgrade - worth it? 39 seconds ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 39 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › WTB: One broken full-sized closed headphone (I pay shipping) 2 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (Impressions of DN-2000,... 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › dt990 DACs and amps and tubes and usb and omg brain melt 3 minutes ago
- › AMP & DAC / Sound Card to DT990 for gaming? 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)