It just seems that some here are looking for a religious experience when they slide them on....the hand of God reaching down evoking them to speak in tongues or something. For me, it is clearly the best Ive heard. That IS worth $1400. Unfortunately, I can't afford that right now.
Related Forum Threads
- Position of Headphones on my head just ruined Head-fi for me Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 4/13/13 at 12:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flat response graph headphones vs the real thing and speakers Last post on 10/3/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 10/23/12 at 11:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
Introduction In the past 2 years VentureCraft has been successfully creating amps and DAC/Amp packaged components with their GD-03, Go-DAP 4.0 for iPhone 4(s), and Go-DAP X for their...
A friend of mine needed a new headphone, which was cheap, closed and good sounding. I said to him, dream on friend it will be very tough to find a headphone with those criteria. But then after...
Is the HD800 overpriced? - Page 20post #286 of 4126/24/10 at 12:49pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #287 of 4126/24/10 at 12:53pmpost #288 of 4126/24/10 at 1:25pm
From his sig, it looks like he's feeding his M^3 with a MacBook; I'd say try it with a different source, the HD800's are very revealing of everything in the signal path, from source thru to amp.
"Home rig: Macbook pro 13 -> Amb m^3 -> HD 800 "
post #289 of 4126/24/10 at 1:49pm
I have the HD800, the PS1000 and the T1. Each is great in some area.
The HD800 is really fast and has a luxurious soundstage. Imaging and placement are terrific. The HD800 is amazingly revealing, so much so that I not only hear off-mic coughs and comments but even stuff I'd never have thought about. My craziest revelation was Jimi Hendrix snorking some snot, off-mic, on Foxy Lady. I always thought the cough came from the drag off that cigarette but the HD800 reveals otherwise.
The PS1000, with its HF extension and filter-free Grado sound, lacks the sense of soundstage I get from the HD800, though it also feels like there's nothing between me and the music. It costs $,1700.
The T1 is a neutral can, like the HD800, with a warmer sound signature and a smaller soundstage. It has a very sweet presentation, though the mids are not as lush as ton he HD800. It costs $1,300.
I don't have a favorite headphone but I love the HD800 - WHICH I PUMP THROUGH MY M^3 WITH STEPS. The M^3 has plenty of power but mine has a variable bass boost. If I get a track which seems overly cold or lacking in thump, I just dial up the bass. The sound is so good, there are tracks on which you'll practically crap your pants.
Bring extra underwear.post #290 of 4126/24/10 at 1:54pmQuote:
Yes, they are technically impressive compare to the Sextetts : )post #291 of 4126/24/10 at 1:58pmpost #292 of 4126/24/10 at 2:00pmpost #293 of 4126/24/10 at 5:21pmpost #294 of 4126/24/10 at 6:13pmQuote:
Yeah. My puncture wound has healed nicely... thanks.
Now I can enjoy these HD800's to the fullest. The wound was worth it.
post #295 of 4126/24/10 at 8:06pmQuote:
Worth it for me too.
post #296 of 4126/24/10 at 10:53pmQuote:
Ya, I did afford them, but I don't get to live in the Santa Cruz Mountains like you, and I have looked into it over the years. Very nice.
Edit-and yes they are worth it.-see below......
current set up-Macbook Pro with Amarra Mini->PSaudio Digital Link highly modified->Eddie Current Zana Duex OLT->HD800 with full size DHC Complement Recable.
Edited by dallan - 6/24/10 at 10:58pmpost #297 of 4126/24/10 at 11:04pmpost #298 of 4126/25/10 at 12:38am
Overpriced for what it is, and that's why you're starting to see them on the FS lately, I'd consider buying one if.
A. It came in black.
B. I had a job.
But then again i could get some brilliant speakers for the same price, which would surely beat them in performance and sound stage.
Edited by Kuze - 6/25/10 at 12:43ampost #299 of 4126/25/10 at 2:54ampost #300 of 4126/25/10 at 3:06amQuote:
what do you mean, where does it stand when compared to HD650 and HD800
- Is the HD800 overpriced?
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
- › FS: Audio Technica AD2000 - mint conditon 51 seconds ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 1 minute ago
- › [Impression] FiiO E10 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax thread (New) 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 4 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5 portable amplifier appreciation + discussion thread... 8 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 8 minutes ago
- › Is burn in real or placebo? 9 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 13 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews 13 minutes ago
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-4SL by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by a_recording
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe