It just seems that some here are looking for a religious experience when they slide them on....the hand of God reaching down evoking them to speak in tongues or something. For me, it is clearly the best Ive heard. That IS worth $1400. Unfortunately, I can't afford that right now.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Position of Headphones on my head just ruined Head-fi for me Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flat response graph headphones vs the real thing and speakers Last post on 10/16/14 at 10:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/770243/soundmagic-e50-e50s-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A middy...
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
Is the HD800 overpriced? - Page 20post #286 of 6846/24/10 at 12:49pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #287 of 6846/24/10 at 12:53pmpost #288 of 6846/24/10 at 1:25pm
From his sig, it looks like he's feeding his M^3 with a MacBook; I'd say try it with a different source, the HD800's are very revealing of everything in the signal path, from source thru to amp.
"Home rig: Macbook pro 13 -> Amb m^3 -> HD 800 "
post #289 of 6846/24/10 at 1:49pm
I have the HD800, the PS1000 and the T1. Each is great in some area.
The HD800 is really fast and has a luxurious soundstage. Imaging and placement are terrific. The HD800 is amazingly revealing, so much so that I not only hear off-mic coughs and comments but even stuff I'd never have thought about. My craziest revelation was Jimi Hendrix snorking some snot, off-mic, on Foxy Lady. I always thought the cough came from the drag off that cigarette but the HD800 reveals otherwise.
The PS1000, with its HF extension and filter-free Grado sound, lacks the sense of soundstage I get from the HD800, though it also feels like there's nothing between me and the music. It costs $,1700.
The T1 is a neutral can, like the HD800, with a warmer sound signature and a smaller soundstage. It has a very sweet presentation, though the mids are not as lush as ton he HD800. It costs $1,300.
I don't have a favorite headphone but I love the HD800 - WHICH I PUMP THROUGH MY M^3 WITH STEPS. The M^3 has plenty of power but mine has a variable bass boost. If I get a track which seems overly cold or lacking in thump, I just dial up the bass. The sound is so good, there are tracks on which you'll practically crap your pants.
Bring extra underwear.post #290 of 6846/24/10 at 1:54pmQuote:
Yes, they are technically impressive compare to the Sextetts : )post #291 of 6846/24/10 at 1:58pmpost #292 of 6846/24/10 at 2:00pmpost #293 of 6846/24/10 at 5:21pmpost #294 of 6846/24/10 at 6:13pmQuote:
Yeah. My puncture wound has healed nicely... thanks.
Now I can enjoy these HD800's to the fullest. The wound was worth it.
post #295 of 6846/24/10 at 8:06pmQuote:
Worth it for me too.
post #296 of 6846/24/10 at 10:53pmQuote:
Ya, I did afford them, but I don't get to live in the Santa Cruz Mountains like you, and I have looked into it over the years. Very nice.
Edit-and yes they are worth it.-see below......
current set up-Macbook Pro with Amarra Mini->PSaudio Digital Link highly modified->Eddie Current Zana Duex OLT->HD800 with full size DHC Complement Recable.
Edited by dallan - 6/24/10 at 10:58pmpost #297 of 6846/24/10 at 11:04pmpost #298 of 6846/25/10 at 12:38am
Overpriced for what it is, and that's why you're starting to see them on the FS lately, I'd consider buying one if.
A. It came in black.
B. I had a job.
But then again i could get some brilliant speakers for the same price, which would surely beat them in performance and sound stage.
Edited by Kuze - 6/25/10 at 12:43ampost #299 of 6846/25/10 at 2:54ampost #300 of 6846/25/10 at 3:06amQuote:
what do you mean, where does it stand when compared to HD650 and HD800
- Is the HD800 overpriced?
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Headphones for use with Denon AVR-3312ci 21 seconds ago
- › Schiit Modi + Wyrd 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-R10 Owner's Club 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 3 minutes ago
- › PS4 with 3.5mm x2 Type Headset... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2