It just seems that some here are looking for a religious experience when they slide them on....the hand of God reaching down evoking them to speak in tongues or something. For me, it is clearly the best Ive heard. That IS worth $1400. Unfortunately, I can't afford that right now.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Position of Headphones on my head just ruined Head-fi for me Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flat response graph headphones vs the real thing and speakers Last post on 10/16/14 at 10:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
*review this right after i have this headphone. burn in test not yet available Lost my AKG K403, my very first HD headphone (to me). Very low on budget, found this, bought it, waited for a near...
INTRODUCTION: Paw Gold is a high resolution music player from the brand Lotoo, that is part of the Beijing Infomedia Electronic Technology Co Ltd. It sports an industrial looking outer body...
Too much dirt and sibilance at 5.5-6.5KHz. Also they are not so murderous about bass as many people suggest. Characteristics (subjective, 10 max): Resolution:...
Is the HD800 overpriced? - Page 20post #286 of 6856/24/10 at 12:49pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #287 of 6856/24/10 at 12:53pmpost #288 of 6856/24/10 at 1:25pm
From his sig, it looks like he's feeding his M^3 with a MacBook; I'd say try it with a different source, the HD800's are very revealing of everything in the signal path, from source thru to amp.
"Home rig: Macbook pro 13 -> Amb m^3 -> HD 800 "
post #289 of 6856/24/10 at 1:49pm
I have the HD800, the PS1000 and the T1. Each is great in some area.
The HD800 is really fast and has a luxurious soundstage. Imaging and placement are terrific. The HD800 is amazingly revealing, so much so that I not only hear off-mic coughs and comments but even stuff I'd never have thought about. My craziest revelation was Jimi Hendrix snorking some snot, off-mic, on Foxy Lady. I always thought the cough came from the drag off that cigarette but the HD800 reveals otherwise.
The PS1000, with its HF extension and filter-free Grado sound, lacks the sense of soundstage I get from the HD800, though it also feels like there's nothing between me and the music. It costs $,1700.
The T1 is a neutral can, like the HD800, with a warmer sound signature and a smaller soundstage. It has a very sweet presentation, though the mids are not as lush as ton he HD800. It costs $1,300.
I don't have a favorite headphone but I love the HD800 - WHICH I PUMP THROUGH MY M^3 WITH STEPS. The M^3 has plenty of power but mine has a variable bass boost. If I get a track which seems overly cold or lacking in thump, I just dial up the bass. The sound is so good, there are tracks on which you'll practically crap your pants.
Bring extra underwear.post #290 of 6856/24/10 at 1:54pmQuote:
Yes, they are technically impressive compare to the Sextetts : )post #291 of 6856/24/10 at 1:58pmpost #292 of 6856/24/10 at 2:00pmpost #293 of 6856/24/10 at 5:21pmpost #294 of 6856/24/10 at 6:13pmQuote:
Yeah. My puncture wound has healed nicely... thanks.
Now I can enjoy these HD800's to the fullest. The wound was worth it.
post #295 of 6856/24/10 at 8:06pmQuote:
Worth it for me too.
post #296 of 6856/24/10 at 10:53pmQuote:
Ya, I did afford them, but I don't get to live in the Santa Cruz Mountains like you, and I have looked into it over the years. Very nice.
Edit-and yes they are worth it.-see below......
current set up-Macbook Pro with Amarra Mini->PSaudio Digital Link highly modified->Eddie Current Zana Duex OLT->HD800 with full size DHC Complement Recable.
Edited by dallan - 6/24/10 at 10:58pmpost #297 of 6856/24/10 at 11:04pmpost #298 of 6856/25/10 at 12:38am
Overpriced for what it is, and that's why you're starting to see them on the FS lately, I'd consider buying one if.
A. It came in black.
B. I had a job.
But then again i could get some brilliant speakers for the same price, which would surely beat them in performance and sound stage.
Edited by Kuze - 6/25/10 at 12:43ampost #299 of 6856/25/10 at 2:54ampost #300 of 6856/25/10 at 3:06amQuote:
what do you mean, where does it stand when compared to HD650 and HD800
- Is the HD800 overpriced?
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 5 seconds ago
- › LIME EARS US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - LE2, LE3SW, and Aether >>>... 6 seconds ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 10 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 23 seconds ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Open-back Headphones Recommendations - Beyer T90? 3 minutes ago
- › Etymotic ER-4XR Extended Response Earphone Review by mark2410 3 minutes ago
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear