Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Portable amp for HD600's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Portable amp for HD600's - Page 2

post #16 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by prone2phone View Post
vivid v1 is most suitable - HeadphoneAddict says it has some nice synergy with hd600...
im somewhat lead to beleive i am having a joke played on me because i dont know anything?
post #17 of 37
I bought an LD MK 1+ portable to drive my HD650 for portable purposes. It does an admirable job.
post #18 of 37
I believe that this one is supposed to have the most "voltage swing" for a true portable, but over your budget; they say it has "High output power - a minimum of 5.25V peak to peak and over 200mA of output current, so can easily drive any headphones"
post #19 of 37
My impressions of the Tomahawk with the 600s are very good... but, evidently, I'm very inexperienced and ignorant, so go ahead and take whatever I say in that post with a grain of salt.
post #20 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by prone2phone View Post
don't listen to qusp, his portable gears weigh more than himself, but if you like to risk exploding yourself and all of your neighbors - go ahead.
from your listed amps leckerton is out of production, rsa amp too weak, headroom more than 200$ and vivid v1 is most suitable - HeadphoneAddict says it has some nice synergy with hd600...
not only are you being ridiculous, but you might try reading the thread and the post I was referring to before making smart-ass comments. he already mentioned in the post I replied to that he was prepared to stretch his budget to include the HR portable, the fiquest is about the same size, probably a bit smaller actually, but wins in every way possible IMO. is also cheaper. ipod plus FiQuest fits in a regular pocket, get your facts straight. I just happen to use it in combination with an iriver H120 (actually ihp132CF) and using ibasso D10 as dac only. but this is not essential. even so this rig fits in a coat pocket or my shoulder bag I carry everywhere anyway. it uses the same enclosure as the ibasso D1 did and I dont remember seeing any lame jokes about that one. The Fiquest plus ipod would fit in most shorts pockets no problem, no extra cartage needed

and what does 'exploding yourself and all of your neighbours' even mean? I assume some type of lame bomb 'joke' it is as ignorant as it is incorrect; LiPo4 and lion batteries are actually more likely to explode than NiMH batteries are, thus they have been outlawed from many international flights and freight carriers

FiQuest will be $375-$450 depending on the model you buy and should be available some time in the next month

it outputs 1.4W into 8ohms with 18V point to point portable and 24V point to point on the PSU
post #21 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post

and what does 'exploding yourself and all of your neighbours' even mean? I assume some type of lame bomb 'joke' it is as ignorant as it is incorrect; LiPo4 and lion batteries are actually more likely to explode than NiMH batteries are, thus they have been outlawed from many international flights and freight carriers
what are you getting all hot and bothered for
post #22 of 37
how would you react if I came here and told people to ignore you because (for example) you shouldnt be trying to use HD600 portable. when in fact you DO want to use HD600 portable and thats why you started the thread. also the cheap humour is annoying

I dont appreciate people forcing their opinion on me, especially when it is clear they are doing it just to be part of the crowd and based on bogus info.

I suppose he hasnt noticed I also use JH13 straight out of iphone where appropriate and am also on the pico slim pre-order list. in fact I just got the PM its on people. its on!! but if I want ultimate sound, the rig I mentioned is the one I go for
post #23 of 37
ok , cheap humour , sorry for that, but it forced you to give readers even more information, - turned out to be usefull, thank you.

other experienced head fiers should also support their opinions, not just say buy that or that. sometimes it is hard when you have to read dozens of threads of the same topic and still can't be sure...
post #24 of 37
hey look sorry for being narky, but I do get sick of the funny people around here sometimes. and you were just the most recent in a spate of it lately; many times its entirely off topic as well. I know I shouldnt bother justifying my usage to anyone as it makes me happy and thats all that matters. thing is I do get great enjoyment out of my full-blown rigs and people often ask me about it, I really dont find it a hassle when weighed against this and I would like others to enjoy that too, but whenever I recommend it to someone on here some smart guy takes the piss and acts as if i'm trying to corrupt someones mind or worse tries to tell me its all in my head it sounds the same as a ipod headout apparently. so lets just everyone enjoy their gear and let others do the same without being asked to justify it.

peace out
post #25 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by field View Post
what are you getting all hot and bothered for
post #26 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbjerke View Post
indeed......
post #27 of 37
Thread Starter 
ok so the MK1+

Little Dot MK I+ Portable Headphone Amps : hi-end headphone amplifier

the vividtech V1

vividaudiotech.com - Headphone Amplifiers

and then eyeballing possibly that Tomohawk one though its a bit more $$$ than what i would like.




im sure that FiQuest one is really great and all but for me its just too much money and i would really like to order something today so i get it before next weekend.

so you guys dont think i could really go wrong getting that MK 1+ as far as portables are concerned do you?

and looking at the specs it says 200mW power output, and then the HD600s you say have a max power input of 200mW

then this device says its suitable headphone impedance is 8-300ohms and the HD600s have a 300ohm impedance if that makes any difference. so this device SHOULD work just fine with these?

is this MK1+ going to ship from somewhere in the US if i get it? or is it actually coming from china?
post #28 of 37
Thread Starter 
eh i ended up getting the V1 this would be my first amp i dont think this is that bad of a purchase imo. thanks for your suggestions and information.
post #29 of 37
any of the good portable diy designs will work. I use them with my hd650 with no problems. pimeta is fine enough as is mini-3 (for portables). you can power them with 2 9v batteries to keep the 'you must have voltage swing' folks happy (even though I strongly disagree with this and have used a single 9v on my pimeta-2 just fine with phones like this!)

24v is often a limit on many op-amps, doesn't matter if its portable or not.
post #30 of 37
Thread Starter 
time is money. i AINT ever gonna try to build one myself that is ludicris.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Portable amp for HD600's