I am just about to buy this amp. I am planning to use it with T1, DT880... Is this good choice? Connected to DacMagic (modified). Its not so cheap so i need to be sure.
Related Forum Threads
- The best Headphone Amp under 1000usd Last post on 7/15/15 at 1:08am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC and Amp for HD800 -- $2,500 Budget Last post on 9/28/10 at 9:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Help with Amp Recommendation Last post on 7/20/10 at 1:57pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- No More Meier Audio Cantate.2 Amps Last post on 8/27/10 at 6:29am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Beyerdynamic DT 480 - 25 ohm(with some mods) This is a review of the Beyerdynamic DT 480, I believe the only other headphone that shares a driver with the DT 48, the original dynamic headphone....
A funny thing had happened the last time I visited Schiit Audio's offices and factory/warehouse. When we entered, what had previously been a storage or dumping room -- I don't remember, had become...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
I was surprised to see only a single review for this player, so figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. I owned this player for about a year until it was stolen (along with an entire...
I have had the opportunity to review a few inexpensive MP3 players recently and have generally been quite impressed with many of them as they clearly appear to put sound quality before pretty much...
Meier Concerto? - Page 5
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 948/1/10 at 5:08pmpost #63 of 949/14/10 at 3:06ampost #64 of 949/14/10 at 7:09am
I received my StageDAC yesterday and initial impressions are very good indeed.
In a few weeks I will add a review.
My StageDAC arrived very fast so I hope your Concerto comes soon.
I think the StageDAC looks better in the flesh than in the pics. Actually I'm really rather glad it is a simple design as these days I just want things to be visually simple, I don't want some big visual statement.post #65 of 949/22/10 at 4:59am
Just been looking on E-bay at all the Chinese tube amps,and noticed they are all 110volts for America,so I checked the Meier site again and the concerto has a 110-220 volt switch,but in Canada its 120volts.So will I need a transformer for this .If so who does a 120 to 110volt as they all are 110-220 when I checked.Thanks.post #66 of 949/22/10 at 5:50am
Nope don't think you'll need a transformer. Just toggle the switch to 110V and you'll be fine.
Quote:Originally Posted by stef50millbay
Just been looking on E-bay at all the Chinese tube amps,and noticed they are all 110volts for America,so I checked the Meier site again and the concerto has a 110-220 volt switch,but in Canada its 120volts.So will I need a transformer for this .If so who does a 120 to 110volt as they all are 110-220 when I checked.Thanks.post #67 of 949/29/10 at 7:21am
Fellow Concerto owners,
I've noticed that when I turn my Concerto on there's a reverberating noise and hum coming from the area around the power switch. It's very very faint, and I can only hear it at night when there's no external noise to drown it out.
When I press on the chassis over the power switch, the hum stops until I let go. It almost seems as though the sound is caused by something vibrating.
Is this within the normal functioning of the amp? I might just be overreacting, but I wanted to make sure since this is my current favorite SS amp. The hum isn't loud enough by a long shot to interfere with music listening.post #68 of 949/29/10 at 7:24am
That sounds like the transformer. Do you have any lighting dimmers on nearby? If so, try turning them all the way off. I don't have this issue with the Concerto, but I do with several other components. And that with my hi-fi even being on a separate AC circuit.post #69 of 949/29/10 at 8:04am
I noticed that also in the beginning when I got the Concerto and it has been discussed in here before. Several other people have noticed that humming too. The noise is highest right after you switch it on. I have either grown accustomed to it or it has gone since I never notice it anymore. I do not think that your Concerto has a fault. At least the humming is not coloring the sound in the headphones as far as I can tell.
post #70 of 9410/6/10 at 1:44pm
I received my "Concerto" yesterday. It's indeed an excellent amp. The only thing which spoiled the party a bit: I made exactly the same observations as MuppetFace. I wrote Jan Meier a mail and received the following answer (translating from german): The humming is caused by the huge transformer which is very close to the cover and therefore the remaining magnetic signal causes the cover to vibrate.
Best thing to get rid of this: attach a small rubber feat at the inside of the cover above the transformer. I did this, it works perfectly. The rubber feat pushes the cover up and away from the transformer and provides a tension to the cover, so it doesn't vibrate anymore. The rubber feat I use, has a height of about 4mm.post #71 of 9410/6/10 at 4:22pmpost #72 of 9410/6/10 at 10:11pmpost #73 of 942/23/11 at 11:40am
I wasn't sure where else to post this so I'm putting it here. I've had my Concerto for about a month and have been enjoying it immensely. The last few days it has started to behave a bit odd with the volume control seeming much louder than before. Today I noticed the volume remained loud even when turning the knob all the way down and the first two gain indicator lights remained on even as well. After a few minutes (not touching the amp) I heard a click and the volume dropped significantly. I turned it up a bit to a comfortable level, started listening to a few tracks and then out of the blue it spiked back up to deafening levels. I also heard periodic pops or skip like errors that I know are not present in the track I was listening to.
The Gain switch was up, crossfeed down. Adjusting the crossfeed had no impact. Switching the gain down decreased the volume but also exhibited some odd behavior. The first red light on the gain indicator remained off regardless of adjustment. Adjusting it up just before 12 o’clock it began to get louder but after 12 o’clock the 4th gain indicator light up and volume decreased significantly, the light between the gain switch and volume also went off. Finally, I noticed that when switching the amp off when the gain switch is down the volume will spike just before it powers down.
I’ve emailed Jan about this but thought I’d post here to get some feedback on what the issue could possibly be and if anyone else has experienced it? I’ve been using the LCD-2 just fed by and iPod in a Denon doc. Not that it sounds source related but it acted the same when using the uDac or Vdac.post #74 of 943/3/11 at 2:42pmThread Starter
- Meier Concerto?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › The lossless can of worms 6 seconds ago
- › Cant create new thread? 3 minutes ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 6 minutes ago
- › Grado GH-2 loaner program 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 6 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Darkvoice 336SE by SOULSIK
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by OSiRiSsk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear