Called them today and they told me they are finishing and going be shipping them out today. Will get them Monday. I will report fit and pics on Monday.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/12/10
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Help with [custom] IEM choice Last post on 7/11/10 at 10:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread Last post on 8/21/15 at 9:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are (High-end) Custom IEMs Overrated? Last post on 7/20/11 at 1:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread Last post on 8/21/15 at 3:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs under 250 Explanation In Descript. Last post on 9/17/12 at 11:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
After years of not getting anything new, the Lyra was my first earphones that I would classify as high end. I got it before my CDM and one thing really lead to another. Made by Campfire...
Introduction: Peter Wong Audio is a Hong Kong based brand, and Peter, Ceo of th company, offers many different products such as mini to mini and IEM cables, several adapters, interconnects and...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING - Page 140
Gear mentioned in this thread:
All of the remolds I've seen done don't have attached cables from the original universal. The cable on the Custom 3 is horrible.
awesome.... I really wanna do a remold/reshell.... don't want to send in my trip.fi's...might try to get an extra 2nd hand one to get reshelled, I'm in the process in negotiating some JH13's.... if not im gonna acquire some custom 3's
Hi all! First time poster here, newish lurker to this thread..
I've finally pulled the trigger and am having a pair of Super.FI 5 Pros remolded. I know these aren't the flashest IEMs, but I've never really been happy with the fit of these (in fact I've been wearing them flipped for more comfort since I bought them) and frankly the stock cable feels like a length of No.8 wire.
I sent off my impressions and IEMs at the end of last week and they should be arriving in the next day or so at Fishers, along with an extra long Westone ES cable dropshipped via Earphone Solutions. I've gone w/ a rush service as I don't think I'm willing to wait the length that some of you are facing, and will document exact times once I've got the final product.
In the meantime...
For the sake of documentation, and because some people like to see what others impressions are like.
Here is something I whipped up during lunch one day, and what I'm hoping the finished product will look like.
Will update the owners thread once I've had a chance to test of the real deal...
So I spoke to Kaysen on Friday and my remoulds are ready to be shipped on the 13th (tomorrow).
I had previously stated my intention to email Kaysen a pre paid postage label (thereby a:-reducing the postage cost and b:- getting a guaranteed dispatch date as Fisher would HAVE to dispatch on the date on the label)
However the service I wanted to use USPS doesn't allow me to email the label to a third party only to print it off myself.
Therefore I am in the hands of Kaysen, the labs guys and Fishers standard postage service and am praying for a 13th July dispacth.
I am in the UK, so won't expect to receive these until early next week. I'll post pictures as soon as they arrive.
I was told the end of the week which is a bit disappointing but I have capable universals so no big deal. They got them June 21 so it's a bit disappointing that other people arriving later gets theirs first unless of course they went with the rushed service.
Yeah, if i do buy used jh-13. Next time I'm going use rush service. I will post pics later today. The wait is killing me, going go out for a bit. Hope when I come back UPS had dropped it off.
Rush service is DEFINITELY worth the 15 bucks. They had mine done within a week of Fisher receiving them, and were in fact a couple days early from the original ship date estimate I was given. I had to send them back for a connection problem, but when they received them the second time, they were shipped back out to me within a couple days. I got mine back last Friday, and the fit (and now sound) are PERFECT! I couldnt be happier w/ Fisher's service. No more crappy cable for my Klipsch custom 3's (HOORAY!)
I'm thinking about posting my pics on Klipsch's own forum to rub it in :)
I think everyone wants to avoid shipping them back, but unfortunately, it tends to happen w/ this type of process. At least Fisher is quick to fix it.
- IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 56 seconds ago
- › Reviewers wanted - Sound Blaster products 1 minute ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 2 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 3 minutes ago
- › How much does the quality of RCA cables matter? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 4 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by grizzlybeast
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by nauhid
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2