Originally Posted by bluemonkeyflyer
Would you describe your current configuration? Any pix?
What is the link for the freq. generator you used? I've been using the one Twinster posted...
Twinster: I have not yet made my "dummy box."
Originally Posted by 200poundsofamp
Gratz man! Getting them flat or getting extended bass isn't too hard, but getting both is something else. Curious to see what you did.
Here's my current set up, no different than what it has been recently:
- SilverStone Acoustic Foam in the back plane of the cup, not along the side walls of the cup or around the edges, also the center post has no foam on it either
- Stock bass port felt, leave it alone and fully open (the details in sound really come in when its fully open I noticed quite obviously)
- Driver felt removed and replaced with one layer of 3M Transpore tape, and another layer on top of that only covering the center three rectangles (a strip covering three rectangles)
- Slightly less than 1/2 of one "triple sized" cotton ball ("Triple Sized" from Kroger brand), extremely teased out and thin, placed gently in back of driver and not covering the bass port
- Plasticine mass loading the baffles all around, including an angled wall built between the baffle and the plastic surrounding the driver. Plasticine also in the holes on the plastic surrounding the baffle
- Plasticine also along the outer seal of the cup for... seal.
- FatMat (can use Dynamat) on the ear side of the baffle after scraping off felt and sanding down baffle
- Unreflective very very thin felt covering the reflective side of the FatMat
- Shure 840 Pads with a half a cotton ball hot dog rolled up on the rear underneath the pads
I'd rather not open these up anymore because I really like the sound I've got and don't want to jeopardize it at all, so there won't be any pictures unfortunately. I may pick up a second pair somewhere along the road if some new breakthrough's get made so I can keep modding, however for now these are completely 100% done.