Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! - Page 318

post #4756 of 10678
Quote:
Originally Posted by 200poundsofamp View Post

 

Maybe you got a dud? The one I got needs a little more power than the T50rp, but they're not hard to drive at all.

Don't notice a massive difference between the two honestly with the same earpads, you can tune them to sound nearly the same. Main difference I can hear is the T50 seems a little more resolving and the T20 is smoother with a bigger soundstage.
 


 


^^  +1

 

post #4757 of 10678

LFF, I have a question for you.

 

Why do you keep the info on the Paradox such a secret? You know we're all interested in it.

post #4758 of 10678
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPuppy View Post

LFF, I have a question for you.

 

Why do you keep the info on the Paradox such a secret? You know we're all interested in it.



Good question...

 

Why doesn't Coca-Cola share their formula? Many people are interested in that as well.

post #4759 of 10678

You mean it isn't cocaine?

post #4760 of 10678

I don't know if this is taboo or not but would anyone be willing to mod my T50RP's for a price?  I would like the Rastapants 2 mod done to it.  Please PM me with a price and we can further talk.

post #4761 of 10678
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFF View Post



Good question...

 

Why doesn't Coca-Cola share their formula? Many people are interested in that as well.


That's the fair answer. And to be blunt it's been a fair answer for 125 years. ; )

 

On a side note, it's also made them rich.

 

post #4762 of 10678
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFF View Post



Good question...

 

Why doesn't Coca-Cola share their formula? Many people are interested in that as well.


So yours is a commercial modification product, not a DIY spirited effort?

 

post #4763 of 10678

Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF View Post

Good question...

 

Why doesn't Coca-Cola share their formula? Many people are interested in that as well.


They also sell their product. :P I'd line up to buy a pair of modded T50RPs from you without hesitation.

 

Of course, you can't exactly open up a can of Coca-Cola and figure out their secret like you can with a pair of headphones...

 

post #4764 of 10678
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooptacular View Post

I don't know if this is taboo or not but would anyone be willing to mod my T50RP's for a price?  I would like the Rastapants 2 mod done to it.  Please PM me with a price and we can further talk.



The Rastapants 2 isn't that hard to mod. It just requires buying the materials and then an hour or so of your time such as on the weekend :) If I can mod them then anyone can.

post #4765 of 10678

Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster View Post

If I can mod them then anyone can.


x2.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

tongue.gif (kidding of course)

 

post #4766 of 10678
Quote:
Originally Posted by 200poundsofamp View Post

 

Maybe you got a dud? The one I got needs a little more power than the T50rp, but they're not hard to drive at all.

Don't notice a massive difference between the two honestly with the same earpads, you can tune them to sound nearly the same. Main difference I can hear is the T50 seems a little more resolving and the T20 is smoother with a bigger soundstage.
 


Yeah a lot of experienced orthoheads love the T20v2 as well.  I couldn't get the FR I wanted out of them, but they seemed plenty resolving to me.  My point was just that from memory, it sounds better stock because it has more damping in the cups.  So if you're not going to mod, I'd get either a T20v1 or T20v2 instead. 

 

Interesting that you got them sounding similar. 

post #4767 of 10678
Quote:
Originally Posted by hans030390 View Post
Of course, you can't exactly open up a can of Coca-Cola and figure out their secret like you can with a pair of headphones...


Correct! But a can of Coca-Cola won't self-destruct upon opening either. wink_face.gif

 

post #4768 of 10678

Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF View Post

Correct! But a can of Coca-Cola won't self-destruct upon opening either. wink_face.gif


O.o

 

Your mod includes installing a bomb in the T50RP? Interesting...


Edited by hans030390 - 11/14/11 at 8:12pm
post #4769 of 10678

LFF, are you going to share after the contest is over? 

post #4770 of 10678

Looking for some help with my recent Rastapants 2 mod. 

 

I listened to the stock T50RP's for a bit -- just to gauge how things change -- and then I ran through the directions here to perform the Rastapants 2 mod, which went well.  I used Dynamat on about half of the inside portion of outer ear cup, taped over the vent, then covered everything with acoustic foam.  I used modeling clay to fill the holes, the outer gasket, and then removed the white gauze over the driver and covered with felt.  Finally, I exposed the ear-side of the driver (leaving the dust filter) and covered the remainder with acoustic foam.  Reassembled, etc., with the Shure 840 pads.  Nice!

 

3f926292_WP_000334.jpeg

a9a73b83_WP_000335.jpeg

bb092352_WP_000337.jpeg

 

Anyhow, there is no doubt that the bass response is very much improved, but I feel like the mids are overpowering, while the highs are recessed.  It's to the point where on albums with strong mids, well.... it's almost unbearable for me. 

 

Any ideas? 

 

On a related note, I'm also considering switching over to wood ear cups + baffles.  How does that change the sound sig?  Anyone else here tried the Plastic Pantz mod....and with good results?  I *love* the look.

 

Thanks....Yip

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!