Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 328

post #4906 of 6178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfnutz View Post
 


-1, as I just can't imagine the T2 being that much better to justify the price difference... I'd rather hope for a new flagship headphone from Stax.

Around 10-15% percent running the same tube.  Why would you rather wait for a new flagship from Stax?  I don't even think it will be as good as the BHSE to be quite honest with you.  

post #4907 of 6178

Headphone, not amp from Stax.

post #4908 of 6178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfnutz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1961 View Post

If Justin was to build the KG T2, that would be the only amp that might tempt me into selling my BHSE.


-1, as I just can't imagine the T2 being that much better to justify the price difference... I'd rather hope for a new flagship headphone from Stax.

SQ isn't the reason why I'd be tempted into selling my BHSE for a KG T2 built only by Justin.
I've seen photo's of the DIY T2 and while ( IMO ) the BHSE is a beautiful looking amp, the DIY T2 is the best looking amp I've ever seen.
Obviously cost would play a big part, but like said Justin will probably never build any.

P.S. I wouldn't be wanting the KG T2 if it's SQ wasn't as good as the BHSE.
post #4909 of 6178
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

PM me with your email address

what happens a lot is people use a different email for their paypal account. sometimes i catch this and change their email in my records when they start sending me emails, other times i dont catch it. and in some cases my emails are sent to that paypal email address and are never read. 

Done, thanks.
post #4910 of 6178

Folks you are positively in for a treat, I heard this combo today :

 

Photo 1 of 1

 

If it was presenting the same soundstage of the HD800, I would be ordering one too -

but in this respect it is 2nd winner. Everything else is audiophile bliss, enjoy !

And seeing one of the BHSE in real life, the built quality is awesome, second to none.

post #4911 of 6178
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post
 

i sent out emails a couple days ago for the 20 amps that are being finished right now. have to check but i think ive gotten about 13 responses. if you didnt get that email yet, there are more in this batch, i just cant do them all at once

 

 

I received an email on March 20, Justin. It said "The current batch of amps is now in testing and shipping is about to begin etc"

 

Am I on this first batch? Still waiting further email on instructions about payment etc.


Edited by madbull - 4/5/14 at 9:29pm
post #4912 of 6178
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbull View Post


I received an email on March 20, Justin. It said "The current batch of amps is now in testing and shipping is about to begin etc"

Am I on this first batch? Still waiting further email on instructions about payment etc.
If you go back a few pages Justin has given a cut-off date for the orders in the first batch.
post #4913 of 6178
I only sent that email to those who should be in this batch. I cant finish/ship all of them at the same time so there are multiple waves of the payment requests which is the 2nd email
Edited by justin w. - 4/6/14 at 12:27am

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #4914 of 6178
Quote:
Originally Posted by purrin View Post
 

 

Just curious. Where is this measurement? Under what conditions, load, voltage, test signal, etc.

 

I have measured the first BHSE produced in the current batch (not under test in the photo)

 

 

Equipment for THD testing: Tektronix TS-4353/U distortion test set (SG505 MOD WQ, SG505 MOD WR, AA501A MOD WQ)

 

Results @ 100Vrms w/ SR-404 load, RCA input to amp w/ 1.55Vrms sine wave

the 30khz low pass filter was enabled, the 400hz high pass filter was not enabled, which would have improved the results 

Don't remember if this was the left or right channel however both were near identical

 

100hz - .003%

1khz - .0032%
5khz - .0058%

7.5khz - .007%

10khz - .0078%

15khz - .0049%

20khz - .0051%

20khz - .015% (with 30khz low pass filter disabled)

 

Results not comparable to any other amp measured by any other equipment at any other time.


Edited by justin w. - 4/6/14 at 1:34am

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #4915 of 6178

Justin, I'm just curious. Do you ever actually sleep? Or do you you only skip such inconveniances when in BHSE batch testing mode?

post #4916 of 6178
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAttorney View Post
 

Justin, I'm just curious. Do you ever actually sleep? Or do you you only skip such inconveniances when in BHSE batch testing mode?


This is probably about the extent of it.

 

post #4917 of 6178

I did order the BHSE as end of the line amp purchase for me. I am assuming that any STAX headphone upgrades will still use the same jack and bias, but one can't be sure.  I hedged my bets and got the HE90 jack on my BHSE on the off chance that a Senn stat headphone will come out (and use the same jack etc that the HE90 did)

 

Tubes I plan to try - SED "Winged C", Shugang "Treasure" and a new set of PSVane Treasure TII.  The first two are broken in on one of my speaker amps.

 

It has been awhile since the order, it sure is exciting to see it coming about soon.

post #4918 of 6178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones13 View Post
 

...got the HE90 jack on my BHSE on the off chance that a Senn stat headphone will come out (and use the same jack etc that the HE90 did)

 

or not ;). HD800 <=> HD580/6X0

post #4919 of 6178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones13 View Post

I did order the BHSE as end of the line amp purchase for me. I am assuming that any STAX headphone upgrades will still use the same jack and bias, but one can't be sure.  I hedged my bets and got the HE90 jack on my BHSE on the off chance that a Senn stat headphone will come out (and use the same jack etc that the HE90 did)

Tubes I plan to try - SED "Winged C", Shugang "Treasure" and a new set of PSVane Treasure TII.  The first two are broken in on one of my speaker amps.

It has been awhile since the order, it sure is exciting to see it coming about soon.

No love for the mullard xf2 or.4?
post #4920 of 6178
I was using SED Winged C's with my BHSE before I got the Psvane EL34PH tubes, and with the SED's aswell as the stock Mullard's, my 009's with some of the songs in my collection sounded bright. Since using the PH tubes my 009's don't sound bright with those songs and give me a great amount of pleasure.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition