Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Official JVC HA-RX700 Owner's/Appreciation Thread-Only Unmodded Observations, Please!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official JVC HA-RX700 Owner's/Appreciation Thread-Only Unmodded Observations, Please!!! - Page 2

post #16 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post
You and me both, man. A friend of mine got the RX900s on my recommendation and upgraded to the DX1's a week later. He claims that the DX1's blow away both the RX700s and RX900s, so naturally I'm looking at the DX3's already . Considering selling my 700s to partially fund the purchase.
I was contemplating the DX3s myself however I thought the sound signature would be too close to the 700s and went with something completely different which I should receive the beginning of next week. ~ I'd suggest if you do spring for the DX3s to keep the 700s for the time being so you can do some direct comparisons, and who knows maybe even talk me into it...
post #17 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphicism View Post
I was contemplating the DX3s myself however I thought the sound signature would be too close to the 700s and went with something completely different which I should receive the beginning of next week. ~ I'd suggest if you do spring for the DX3s to keep the 700s for the time being so you can do some direct comparisons, and who knows maybe even talk me into it...
Lol. Now you're gonna talk me into keeping 3 sets of full-size cans . I unfortunately missed the DX3 ebay deal two weeks ago, so I am really displeased about looking at buying them at current retail price ($110). They do look damn nice though and the DX1's are very comfy. I like the cloth pads, too... <- see, I'm already talking myself into it. This isn't going to end well.
post #18 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post
Lol. Now you're gonna talk me into keeping 3 sets of full-size cans . I unfortunately missed the DX3 ebay deal two weeks ago, so I am really displeased about looking at buying them at current retail price ($110). They do look damn nice though and the DX1's are very comfy. I like the cloth pads, too... <- see, I'm already talking myself into it. This isn't going to end well.
Well yeah keep them for the initial comparison if nothing else, sell em after that if the DX3 are a real improvement. If the DX3s fail to impress you can just return them.. although I'm sure they wont. I'm not sure what the ebay deal was but there $105 shipped on buy.com with this coupon, hurry it expires on July 31st.
post #19 of 93
There was an ebay deal for around $50 for DX3's a few weeks ago I missed too...I love my 700's with Graphicism's foam mod and the felt removal, overall...for the price I'm blown away. Even if I get the DX3's, which I do plan on eventually, I'll probably keep the 700's as a trusty backup since they perform quite well for music, movies and gaming imo. And for the price, they're cheap enough to not really deem needing to sell them nor would I get what I have into them, or the enjoyment they provide for a sub-$40 set of cans.

post #20 of 93
FWIR...

The RX900 and RX700 sound similar. The DX1 and DX3 sound similar. But headphones from each pair do not sound similar.
post #21 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursah View Post
There was an ebay deal for around $50 for DX3's a few weeks ago I missed too...I love my 700's with Graphicism's foam mod and the felt removal, overall...for the price I'm blown away. Even if I get the DX3's, which I do plan on eventually, I'll probably keep the 700's as a trusty backup since they perform quite well for music, movies and gaming imo. And for the price, they're cheap enough to not really deem needing to sell them nor would I get what I have into them, or the enjoyment they provide for a sub-$40 set of cans.

$50!!! Are you kidding me! Man I'd of bought those in a heart beat, they weren't from China I hope, seen a lot of copies of headphones, so much now that I limit my ebay search to the US only. Yeah as I said before I think I'll always keep my 700s, they run pretty well plugged directly into my Zune and work with the HTC for movies and gaming. There a serious contender for the best-all-rounder under $100... maybe even more, I feel somewhat repetitive recommending these to everyone looking for decent budget cans. Oh well

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Time View Post
FWIR...

The RX900 and RX700 sound similar. The DX1 and DX3 sound similar. But headphones from each pair do not sound similar.
What ~ Is that some sort of mathematical equation?
post #22 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphicism View Post
What ~ Is that some sort of mathematical equation?
No, that was a failure to communicate... lol.

One more try.

FWIR...

The RX700 and RX900 sound similar.
The DX1 and DX3 sound similar.
The RX700 and DX1 do not sound similar.
The RX700 and DX3 do not sound similar.
The RX900 and DX1 do not sound similar.
The RX900 and DX3 do not sound similar.
post #23 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Time View Post
No, that was a failure to communicate... lol.

One more try.

FWIR...

The RX700 and RX900 sound similar.
The DX1 and DX3 sound similar.
The RX700 and DX1 do not sound similar.
The RX700 and DX3 do not sound similar.
The RX900 and DX1 do not sound similar.
The RX900 and DX3 do not sound similar.
Haha thanks for clearing that up! I suppose I was under the impression all JVC HA series cans would at least have a similar sound representation, similar build, driver positioning and all that. Out of interest do you know what other cans they do sound most similar too? From the design perhaps K701, with a little more bass that would nice. When I mentioned picking something completely different from the RX700/DX3 I actually went with some recabled Ultrasone HFI780s, they should be really, really different.

FWIR... I'm gunna make you a FWIR head-fi wallpaper haha! ~ whats your screen res?
post #24 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphicism View Post
Well yeah keep them for the initial comparison if nothing else, sell em after that if the DX3 are a real improvement. If the DX3s fail to impress you can just return them.. although I'm sure they wont. I'm not sure what the ebay deal was but there $105 shipped on buy.com with this coupon, hurry it expires on July 31st.
Ebay deal was an astonishing $50 incl. shipping . Unfortunately that buy.com coupon is only for new customers, which I am not. Also, buy.com charges tax in CA (a whopping 9.75%), so that negates any advantage the coupon gives over ordering from butterflyphoto for $109. Thanks for the push, though. Maybe if I sell my headamp...

Edit: jeez, I was writing that message for like an hour. Beaten to it 2+ times .
post #25 of 93
Thread Starter 

Keep on Thread Track Please.

Please keep listening odservations to HA-RX700 only please, keep on the thread track-please. Other threads to discuss other JVC models. Thank You. Happy Listening.
post #26 of 93
just wanna say i bought one of these out of curiosity.. waiting for it to come in now
post #27 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
just wanna say i bought one of these out of curiosity.. waiting for it to come in now
Welcome to the club. And remember: lots of burn-in
post #28 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
just wanna say i bought one of these out of curiosity.. waiting for it to come in now
Oh you big spender you.. looks like I talked you into something!

Thing that strikes me as soon as I put them on after listening to my others is just how comfy they are, a little warm after a while but I'm okay with that. I use em on a night for gaming and movies, I can even lay down with them on... although obviously not on my side.
post #29 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post
Welcome to the club. And remember: lots of burn-in


Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphicism View Post
Oh you big spender you.. looks like I talked you into something!

Thing that strikes me as soon as I put them on after listening to my others is just how comfy they are, a little warm after a while but I'm okay with that. I use em on a night for gaming and movies, I can even lay down with them on... although obviously not on my side.
You definitely had something to do with my impulse buy.. I'm trying to hear different sound signatures to see what I prefer.. I guess I'm on that journey to an empty wallet, hah.
post #30 of 93
These just keep getting better, and I haven't even modified them yet. I have to say with my simple cmoybb, with bass boost on, they sound amazing...... The only thing that disappoints me is the bass rolloff on the very low frequency range. Not sure where to go now for my next set, we will see after I sell all my headphones/iems.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Official JVC HA-RX700 Owner's/Appreciation Thread-Only Unmodded Observations, Please!!!