Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Sound Science › Links to Double Blind Tests
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Links to Double Blind Tests

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
In this thread please provide links to "documented" double blind tests for audio equipment...transducers, amps, sources, cables and tweaks.

This thread is not to start arguments or flame wars, so please NO COMMENTS, just links.

I will update this thread and post links.

1. http://www.provide.net/~djcarlst/abx_data.htm

2. http://www.matrixhifi.com/pruebasciegas.htm Could someone translate?

3. http://www.bostonaudiosociety.org/ba...bx_testing.htm

4. www.nousaine.com/ Go to Tech articles and then to tweak or not (at least one on this site)

5. http://redirectingat.com/?id=475X763...istening_Tests

6. http://redirectingat.com/?id=475X763...-of-Good-Sound

7. http://redirectingat.com/?id=475X763...paper_6086.pdf

8. http://redirectingat.com/?id=475X763...sts-abx-t5.htm Could someone translate?
post #2 of 20
PSB Speakers - Birthplace of Good Sound

Boston Audio Society - ABX Testing article
post #3 of 20
There should be stickies with information like this.

Same for scientific research about sound and music and technical explanations of how stuff works and to measure it (altho that could also belong in the DIY subforum).

ye I know, no links....
post #4 of 20
One very good site:

ABX Double Blind Comparator Data

And:

Matrix-Hifi: Pruebas ciegas

Needs translator Spanish-English
post #5 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcrown View Post
This does not appear to be a double blind test
post #6 of 20
codecs: Hydrogenaudio Listening Tests - Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase
but much discussion of DBT techinique throughout site
post #7 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by 883dave View Post
This does not appear to be a double blind test
??? The whole article describes a double blind test.
post #8 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcrown View Post
??? The whole article describes a double blind test.
Re-read, will add to the list, however it appears to be more of a research for PSB in designing speakers.
post #9 of 20
Thread Starter 
Anyone else with links to DBT's???
post #10 of 20
Well, this is not a DBT, but it is a RMAA result from different cables:

RightMark Audio Analyzer test: comparison
post #11 of 20
In posting the links to DBT's, if any of them involve listening via headphones, perhaps that can be noted. Or if anyone knows of any DBT's where the participants listened with headphones, that would be interesting also. Thanks.
post #12 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Well, this is not a DBT, but it is a RMAA result from different cables:

RightMark Audio Analyzer test: comparison
Could you please try to keep the links to DBT, thanks

Mods...could you delete this post "5860539" as it has no relevance to this thread
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilS View Post
In posting the links to DBT's, if any of them involve listening via headphones, perhaps that can be noted. Or if anyone knows of any DBT's where the participants listened with headphones, that would be interesting also. Thanks.
http://old.hfm-detmold.de/eti/projek...paper_6086.pdf

Some participants listened with headphones and the only 4 participants (out of 110) who detected a difference used headphones
post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_charles View Post
http://old.hfm-detmold.de/eti/projek...paper_6086.pdf

Some participants listened with headphones and the only 4 participants (out of 110) who detected a difference used headphones
Thanks. That's very, very interesting.
post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_charles View Post
Some participants listened with headphones and the only 4 participants (out of 110) who detected a difference used headphones
Only the one who got 100% correct made a significant score. The others are compatible with chance, given that they are picked among 145 different results.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Science
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Sound Science › Links to Double Blind Tests