New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Opamp thread - Page 302

post #4516 of 4812


The search is officially over, the Muses02 is the Holy Grail. When funds become available I will score another couple for the PB2. It's expensive but I honestly believe it's the end game OpAmp so worth it in my eyes....
post #4517 of 4812
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudHarris View Post



The search is officially over, the Muses02 is the Holy Grail. When funds become available I will score another couple for the PB2. It's expensive but I honestly believe it's the end game OpAmp so worth it in my eyes....

Is there a difference between the Muses02 and Muses01?

I'm thinking about buying a chip.

post #4518 of 4812

I don't know if this was shared, but Muses actually talks about counterfeits on their website. 

 

http://semicon.njr.co.jp/eng/MUSES/precaution.html

post #4519 of 4812

@Sony Slave - Whoa!  Thanks for that!  I guess I'll spend the big bucks and get them from DigiKey (here in the States).  I need two (for my PB2).  

 

The MUSES02's biggest advantage over the MUSES01, at least in terms of specifications, is that the ~02 offers 50mA per channel instead of 25mA from the ~01, and the ~02 can get by with a supply voltage of 3.5V vs. 9V. 

 

http://www.digikey.com/us/en/ph/njr/muses0102.html

 

@SpudHarris - Holy Grail?  What more need anyone with as many op-amps as you possess say about the MUSES02?   LOL   I'm convinced!

 

Mike

post #4520 of 4812

Hmmm...  DigiKey won't let me order just two of them...  It says:  Minimum quantity not met; see price break.   

 

It only quotes a price of $50, for 100 pieces!   I don't want to spend $5000.   :-)

 

Shopping elsewhere...

 

Mouser is out of stock...

 

Wow - This thing is made of unobtanium!  

 

Mouser Electronics shows an 18-week back order and every other authorized supplier in the U.S. has a website that shows 0 results when I search for MUSES02.

 

I guess I'm supposed to buy counterfeit because all the real ones are sold out!

 

:-)


Edited by zilch0md - 11/12/13 at 3:39pm
post #4521 of 4812

haha...funny thing is that the distribution channel of Muses opamps is terribly bad. Only a few retailers out there with exorbitant prices.

post #4522 of 4812

looks like audiotrak still has them in stock

post #4523 of 4812
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post
 

Hmmm...  DigiKey won't let me order just two of them...  It says:  Minimum quantity not met; see price break.   

 

It only quotes a price of $50, for 100 pieces!   I don't want to spend $5000.   :-)

 

Shopping elsewhere...

 

Mouser is out of stock...

 

Wow - This thing is made of unobtanium!  

 

Mouser Electronics shows an 18-week back order and every other authorized supplier in the U.S. has a website that shows 0 results when I search for MUSES02.

 

I guess I'm supposed to buy counterfeit because all the real ones are sold out!

 

:-)

Like libertbad said. You can buy them here.

http://audiotrack.net/en/?mid=store&listStyle=list&document_srl=2196

post #4524 of 4812
That's where I got mine from. Great to deal with but wish they'd use a different postage method so customs didn't have to get involved all the time. They are expensive enough without all the charges on top. Still worth it though biggrin.gif
post #4525 of 4812

How long did it take for the chip to come? 2 weeks?

post #4526 of 4812
Would have been less than 2 weeks but customs held it for ages while invoices etc.... We're sent.

You may have better luck than me.

Either way you will love it I'm sure.....
post #4527 of 4812

Even if it takes over 2 weeks, it'll be certainly worth it, it's gonna be the last OP amp I buy for a while, if ever again lol.

post #4528 of 4812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Slave View Post

Even if it takes over 2 weeks, it'll be certainly worth it, it's gonna be the last OP amp I buy for a while, if ever again lol.

I've been very pleased with the line of MUSES products. Enjoy!
post #4529 of 4812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Slave View Post
 

Like libertbad said. You can buy them here.

http://audiotrack.net/en/?mid=store&listStyle=list&document_srl=2196

 

Thanks, but I'd rather buy them from a U.S. retailer - to avoid customs, etc.  

post #4530 of 4812
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post
 

 

Thanks, but I'd rather buy them from a U.S. retailer - to avoid customs, etc.  

 

For those of you in the US...  I understand that most consider purchasing from a Chinese eBay vendor, as I did, to be too risky, but I can say that my MUSES02 arrived in 7 to 10 days via first class mail with no hassles. And as someone who has purchased some 400 audio vacuum tubes from vendors in places such as Russia, Georgia, Ukraine, Moldova, the Czech Republic, as well as Hong Kong and China, it has been almost hassle-free. The only "hassle" is that some vendors ship via registered mail, and if I am not home when the mail carrier stops by to get my signature, I have to go to the post office the next day to pick it up. 

 

Cheers

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home