I'm not sure "underpowered" is the right word. 2W is plenty. That you find the Meier better for you might be due to a lot other issues than raw power. There is a lot more to running a headphone than wattage. As you know, of course.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 1/20/13 at 2:22am in High-end Audio Forum
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tube Amp Reccomendations for HE-500s and DT-880s Last post on 4/7/13 at 2:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Edited on 12/28/12
Overview: The Beats Pro is the Beats' top-of-the-line model, with a lofty price tag of $400. However, its price, along with Beats' reputation with being a hated-on brand, hides the fact that...
I got these straight from Japan via Tenso right as Dsnuts got the hype train rolling last fall. Bought 3 pairs, of which I gave one to a colleague (yes,they are so inexpensive you can just give...
The full review can be seen http://www.head-fi.org/t/634760/resonessence-labs-concero-discussion-review-thead/630#post_9465130
Reposting my original review from Amazon.com - these headphones are just too good to be left in the dustbin of history - for instance, I just bought a pair of Monoprice MEP-933, listed everywhere...
Somehow, the Ballad of Jed Clampett comes to mind, as I start to write this. You know, the Beverly Hillbillies. He was living his life, struck gold, and everything changed. That's kind of what...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1468
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“Pros : Sound quality, comfort, build, modularity (parts), balance, naturalness, clarity, detail”“Balanced, refined, sturdy, classic design”
- Pros:“Great sounding, comfortable, reasonable price”“Great sound, Looks like a piece of art, Great soundstage”
Found a new batch but will have to order 10 units minimum.
Edited by Ultrainferno - 6/28/12 at 12:23am
Well Speak of the Devil
While Chatting with Mr.Ultra The package arrived safely...
I haven't heard the sound yet still burning for the next 1 hours first, but i can already hear my LCD-2 singing Melodiously...
BTW the tube adapter works flawlessly...
Can i get 2 more???
The 596 are so great..I Thought my Full Music 274b was thin sounding and my Tung-Sol 5U4G was too thick The 596's was just right between them..For now i am a Happy man for the next 9997 Hours...
Yes i can still help to get the adapters...hope if its a lot so i can ask someone to help me and organize the shipping too so i don't have to send it one by one...
It's the VT-244...nice tube but too thick for me...
Great...!!!!! So Setamp can help me out...
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“Powerful and affordable”“Powerful, clean output with slight warmth, small footprint, value for money, drives most headphones, nice connectability with E7”
- Pros:“An excellent alternative to the computer user wanting something different to an internal sound card!”“Good sound for the price”
- › IEM nozzle comparison 2 minutes ago
- › Grado headphone equivialnt in speakers 2 minutes ago
- › Mid-Fi upgrade over Beyerdynamic DT770s for all genres 3 minutes ago
- › Heir Audio 5.0 Impressions/Comparison/Review Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 6 minutes ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 8 minutes ago
- › Let's Catch A Thief!! (Update: CAUGHT!) 10 minutes ago
- › New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced... 12 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V6 13 minutes ago
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe