New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

null audio - Page 2

post #16 of 26

 

JiPod, any news on your order?

post #17 of 26

I asked Null a question about one of their cables over a week ago and have yet to receive a response.

post #18 of 26

 

Datapoint: I sent a query about their cables on May 17, and received a reply on May 20. 

 

I've since decided not to order the cable since I wasn't totally clear he understood what I was interested in and I didn't want to pay that much for something we weren't totally in sync about.

 

-john

post #19 of 26

hi has anyone received a response lately from null audio because i have sent about 3 different emails from their contact us section and still no response. once i get my triple fi 10 i want a cable from null but apparently no one is receiving responses so i dont want to purchase something and risk not getting it.

post #20 of 26
Its been over 4 years I know but had Null gained any more respect as online retailer? Would like to buy from them but some posts putting me off, thanks
post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT66 View Post

Its been over 4 years I know but had Null gained any more respect as online retailer? Would like to buy from them but some posts putting me off, thanks

I ordered a cable from them a few weeks ago.  While shipping was quick and responsiveness pre-sale was great, something was definitely off.  They sounded almost hollow with strange, asymmetric imaging.  Finally, after listening for a few days, I decided to check the wiring -- lo and behold, the right channel had been mis-wired and polarity reversed.  

 

Kevin just told me they were making a replacement to ship to me; I will update when I get it.  Hard to extrapolate from a sample size of one, but that's been my experience.  

post #22 of 26
Hi guys need some help....

I bought the Null Audio Arete series cable for my JH16s.

Sound is fantastic.

The only problem is is that the right pin side of the cable is severely loose. As in, when I put them into my right JH16, they'll pretty much slip out in its own??!!

I've contacted Null Audio but so far they're unhelpful. I'd rather not have to send it back and wait anyway.

Anyone know of a way I can fix it??

Any help is very much appreciated

Ed
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by edyeded View Post

Hi guys need some help....

I bought the Null Audio Arete series cable for my JH16s.

Sound is fantastic.

The only problem is is that the right pin side of the cable is severely loose. As in, when I put them into my right JH16, they'll pretty much slip out in its own??!!

I've contacted Null Audio but so far they're unhelpful. I'd rather not have to send it back and wait anyway.

Anyone know of a way I can fix it??

Any help is very much appreciated

Ed

 

Sorry for the resurrection, but the pins were too loose on the Arete on my brand new Hidition NT6 too.  The Null Audio support basically said their pins are correct and my original NT6 cable AND my Effect Audio cable pins which fit perfectly must be too big.  They suggested flattening the pins, which would be a solution (albeit not ideal) if their very cheap plastic connector didn't totally crumble as soon as I starting messing with it.  

post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnite View Post

Sorry for the resurrection, but the pins were too loose on the Arete on my brand new Hidition NT6 too.  The Null Audio support basically said their pins are correct and my original NT6 cable AND my Effect Audio cable pins which fit perfectly must be too big.  They suggested flattening the pins, which would be a solution (albeit not ideal) if their very cheap plastic connector didn't totally crumble as soon as I starting messing with it.  

I experienced a similar issue back when I still owned an Arete cable. The pins were too short and I asked them about it and Kevin said that their 2-pin connector is the "new generation 2-pin". A load of bull if you ask me.

Went back twice and they just flattened the pin with a pair of pliers. Same thing for the second time and a few days later the poor-quality black plastic crumbled and broke. The dude at Null (not Kevin) was pretty annoyed with me and was pretty rude when I told them that literally everyone else was using a longer 2-pin connector.

Sold the cable after that as I didn't want to deal with them anymore.
Edited by PokerFaze - 12/6/16 at 7:37am
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerFaze View Post

I experienced a similar issue back when I still owned an Arete cable. The pins were too short and I asked them about it and Kevin said that their 2-pin connector is the "new generation 2-pin". A load of bull if you ask me.

Went back twice and they just flattened the pin with a pair of pliers. Same thing for the second time and a few days later the poor-quality black plastic crumbled and broke. The dude at Null (not Kevin) was pretty annoyed with me and was pretty rude when I told them that literally everyone else was using a longer 2-pin connector.

Sold the cable after that as I didn't want to deal with them anymore.
I just ordered a pair of new connectors to replace them. Obviously not going to be ordering anything from them again... What really bothered me was their insistence that they tested it with the NT6 and it fit, which then implies only my brand new connector, which other cables fit fine, is at fault. Makes no sense.
post #26 of 26

Apparently my issue made it to Kevin and things are now resolved.  I received an apology as well.  The guy who was dealing with me originally didn't realize the NT6 connectors have slightly changed and their 2-pin cable no longer fits properly.  Their support is slow to respond, but they did take things seriously once they realized they made a mistake telling me it would fit my NT6 before placing my order.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: