Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The ATH-AD700 Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The ATH-AD700 Appreciation Thread

post #1 of 691
Thread Starter 
I searched and didn't find one, so figured I'd start one. Does anyone else really enjoy these phones? I never thought I'd find a better bargain than my HD555 for the $100 mark, but these are at least the equals.

So...any AD700 fans out there? :O)
post #2 of 691

-

They are my favourite headphones, and from reviews Ive read they even beat the HD595.
post #3 of 691
Ah yes, my gateway drug.

To me its a headphone that can compete with cans 2x to 4x the price and hold its own admirably. The soundstage in particular is breathtaking, the comfort is second to none, and there wasnt a genre that sounded bad with those.

Maybe a bit bass light, but it was easily EQable for me. Easy to run, was flawless even through the old Realtek onboard I used to use. If you can get a pair, its totally worth it. They just may surprise you.
post #4 of 691
Thread Starter 
^ Agreed! Easily the most comfortable phones I've ever worn, and the feeling of openness with them is marvelous.
post #5 of 691
Great headphones, and as noted, a gateway into the high-end world. And even after upgrading to a higher-end can, I still find myself listening to them from time to time. The soundstage, midrange . . . the music I listen to sounds great on the AD700. The fact that they can produce good quality sounds without being amped is a huge plus.
post #6 of 691
Fantastic value for money headphones.
I got a pair as well that I use for gaming. Sweet for classical type of stuff.
post #7 of 691
This thread died rather quick.

I love my headphones, pretty much are good for everything, i havent turned on my Z-5500's for 2 weeks (since i got my AD700's) XD, Bass is great in certain songs, sometimes lacking in others, plays electronic well, with great detail, Rock is awesome, though some songs suck x.x (maybe its me) and new world/orchestra/vocal heavy songs, sound FANTASTIC.

i need to get a stand for these babies...
post #8 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamora View Post
This thread died rather quick.

I love my headphones, pretty much are good for everything, i havent turned on my Z-5500's for 2 weeks (since i got my AD700's) XD, Bass is great in certain songs, sometimes lacking in others, plays electronic well, with great detail, Rock is awesome, though some songs suck x.x (maybe its me) and new world/orchestra/vocal heavy songs, sound FANTASTIC.

i need to get a stand for these babies...
haha, stand the box up and put them on top.
or you could take out the plastic holder on the inside, and lean it on a wall, then just put them in there.
post #9 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrokid View Post
haha, stand the box up and put them on top.
or you could take out the plastic holder on the inside, and lean it on a wall, then just put them in there.
my table isnt against a wall xD, darn, and look at those stands at ebay, my god 200$ for a wooden stand? id settle for steel anyday.
post #10 of 691
go ad700 go! best cans for the price ive ever heard
post #11 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamora View Post
my table isnt against a wall xD, darn, and look at those stands at ebay, my god 200$ for a wooden stand? id settle for steel anyday.
haha, yeah, you could even make one out of coat hangars.

but if you wanted a wooden one, you could probably ask any kid to make you one in shop class for $10.
then you'd just have to stain and varnish it yourself.
heck, I'm in shop class...
post #12 of 691
okay, so I just spent about 10 minutes and made my own stand.
it looks terrible, (well, I made it out of random pieces of wood I found in my basement. I wouldn't expect it to look good. ) but it works.
and I was even lucky enough to find a piece of scrap wood that was painted with glow in the dark paint. in the dark, it lights my headphones in an awesome way.

here's a pic-
sorry it's a bit dark, but you can kind of see it.
and my ad700s.
post #13 of 691
Where can you find them at a good price?
post #14 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesekiwi View Post
Fantastic value for money headphones.
I got a pair as well that I use for gaming. Sweet for classical type of stuff.
you have DT880 right? which one do you like better?
I have the AD700 too great headphones price is a PLUS
post #15 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrokid View Post
haha, yeah, you could even make one out of coat hangars.

but if you wanted a wooden one, you could probably ask any kid to make you one in shop class for $10.
then you'd just have to stain and varnish it yourself.
heck, I'm in shop class...
Whats your offer?

lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrokid View Post
okay, so I just spent about 10 minutes and made my own stand.
it looks terrible, (well, I made it out of random pieces of wood I found in my basement. I wouldn't expect it to look good. ) but it works.
and I was even lucky enough to find a piece of scrap wood that was painted with glow in the dark paint. in the dark, it lights my headphones in an awesome way.

here's a pic-
sorry it's a bit dark, but you can kind of see it.
and my ad700s.
Hmm, i dont need one that BIG XD i only have an AD700 ffs lol.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The ATH-AD700 Appreciation Thread