Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › RSA MUSTANG P-51 . little amp BIG sound . image 1, 28, 30, 55, 59, 61 Reviews, 30, 34 . Post images . Monitors pg 1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RSA MUSTANG P-51 . little amp BIG sound . image 1, 28, 30, 55, 59, 61 Reviews, 30, 34 . Post... - Page 73

post #1081 of 1193
have you compared the mustang to the predator(fully burned) , and is there much power difference?
how the bass and overall wwarmth compare?
post #1082 of 1193
Quote:
Originally Posted by froboy272 View Post
do you guys feel that the d5000's require an amp with 9v current to drive them best?

EDIT: I'v read through a ton of this thread and i cant find one... does anyone have a picture of a mustang with or compared to an ipod nano?
I think the P-51 has enough juice for the D5000, and almost but not quite enough for the HD600. The P-51 does seem to have slightly more power than my Predator, although I thought they were spec'd the same.

Now, if you were getting HD600/650 then the 9v SR-71a would be more important because high impedance phones need the voltage swing more than they need current.

post #1083 of 1193
thank you!
post #1084 of 1193
Does anybody know where I can find the RSA Mustang technical specifications?
post #1085 of 1193
Thread Starter 
I would email RSA and ask the questions though I would imagine right now they are very busy with the release of the Protector.
post #1086 of 1193
I already emailed them and asked about technical specifications and about shipping cost. Well, they replied me, answering only my second question.
post #1087 of 1193
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayser View Post
I already emailed them and asked about technical specifications and about shipping cost. Well, they replied me, answering only my second question.
I've been looking for the specifications as well however from what I've read Ray Samuels doesn't have much of this information about his amps out in the public.
post #1088 of 1193
Quote:
Originally Posted by neco View Post
Ray Samuels doesn't have much of this information about his amps out in the public.
And what is the reason?
post #1089 of 1193
with his reputation, build quality and overall amp performance he doesn't need to release information about the guts of the amp. The same reason he paints over the identity of the opamps and other electronic guts.
post #1090 of 1193

P-51 Specs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayser View Post
I already emailed them and asked about technical specifications and about shipping cost. Well, they replied me, answering only my second question.
P-51, Mustang, Specs.

50 K input impedance.
5 ohms-300 Ohms output impedance.
250ma per channel drive capability.
rail to rail input/output voltage swing.
Freq. response, 5hz-100K
No caps in the signal path.
72 hours of play back using IEMs from single charge.
3.7-4.2 volts Lithium ion powered
Charging time about 2 hours.
Dimensions...
1.5" width
2.25" length
.7" hight.
about 4-5 Oz weight.

RSA
post #1091 of 1193
Thanks a lot, Ray!
post #1092 of 1193
Thread Starter 
So there you go. :^)
post #1093 of 1193

AKG 701's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post
I think the P-51 has enough juice for the D5000, and almost but not quite enough for the HD600. The P-51 does seem to have slightly more power than my Predator, although I thought they were spec'd the same.

Now, if you were getting HD600/650 then the 9v SR-71a would be more important because high impedance phones need the voltage swing more than they need current.

Has anyone tried the P-51 with the 701's, how well will it drive them?
post #1094 of 1193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Samuels View Post
P-51, Mustang, Specs.

50 K input impedance.
5 ohms-300 Ohms output impedance.
250ma per channel drive capability.
rail to rail input/output voltage swing.
Freq. response, 5hz-100K
No caps in the signal path.
72 hours of play back using IEMs from single charge.
3.7-4.2 volts Lithium ion powered
Charging time about 2 hours.
Dimensions...
1.5" width
2.25" length
.7" hight.
about 4-5 Oz weight.

RSA
Would someone mind explaining some of these specs? Does this mean the amp can't run 600 ohm headphones since it has "5 ohms-300 Ohms output impedance". It is "3.7-4.2 volts Lithium ion powered" so this mean the SR-71A has more voltage swing potential since it has 18V?
post #1095 of 1193
I wish to ask if the Mustang gives significant improvement in SQ over the iBasso D10 with topkit? And does the Mustang have good synergy with the Ortofon e-Q7?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › RSA MUSTANG P-51 . little amp BIG sound . image 1, 28, 30, 55, 59, 61 Reviews, 30, 34 . Post images . Monitors pg 1