- 178 Posts. Joined 4/2015
- Location: Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
As part of the OPPO PM3 loaner program I had a chance to evaluate the PM3's for a few days. Overall, I was very impressed with the packaging, build quality and finish. The brushed aluminum is...
COMPANY: Sennheiser MODEL: HD598 COST: $299 CAD - $250 USD – Note: often on sale for much less TYPE: Open, Dynamic, Over-Ear DRIVER SIZE: 40mm neodynium FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 12 Hz – 38.5...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I've been working with Trinity (Trinity Audio Engineering) for almost a couple of years now. I don't...
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! - Page 322post #4816 of 48571/30/16 at 7:14amMy AH-D5000 is almost complete all that needs doing is a new headband when I find the right colour leather
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4817 of 48571/30/16 at 9:56ampost #4818 of 48571/30/16 at 11:01ampost #4819 of 48572/1/16 at 9:27pm
Given many outside obligations that were pulling me in every direction, I have not been online for about a month. From my early years as a user here, I remember this quote from my favorite Head-Fi'er, @Skylab:Quote:Originally Posted by Skylab
It's been 6 months since I wrote this review, which does compare the DX1000 and the D5000: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/rev...beware-232318/
However, more than 6 months later, I am not sure I still prefer the D5000 over the DX1000. I still absolutely love them both, though. I am listening to the D5000's right now, and they sound just fantastic. They remain one of my all time favorite headphones. Unlike so many headphones, they don't seriously lack in any area. They are not perfect, nor are they the best at everything. They have more bass than something like the W5000, and this likely will not appeal to the same listener. But for me, the D5000's are a headphone I could very happily have as my one and only. That's saying a LOT.I had always wanted to own these headphones since, based on their reviews, which especially note their unique blend of detail, balance and fun factor, they always seemed like my metaphorical "desert island" headphone. For a certain period from 2010 to 2012, I had taken a two year leave from the Internet and the world in general.During my extended hiatus, the D5000 which had so much caught my eye was quietly discontinued. When I discovered this predicament upon my return, I was between a rock and a hard place because the D5000 was commanding exorbitate prices a college student like myself simply could not afford.Today was the day for me to get the D5000 at a price I could afford. On eBay, I noticed that excellent condition D2000's had gone down in price to the $200 range and a pair of stock D5000 wooden cups were now up for grabs. After many long years of waiting, I snatched up both. With the simple cup swap mod, I will finally be the proud owner of the D5000. I update you guys on the news once I have my D5000 in action!
UPDATE: I am also doing a cable upgrade as well. I just ordered this silver cable. I am 99% sure I understand everything I need to know going forward. However, I made this thread where I am double checking my understanding here.
By the way, I just received my D2000's in the mail. They are just as wonderful as I people say they are. They are seriously more evocative than the HD 700, which I briefly owned and I have since returned, and than the HiFiMAN headphones (HE-400i, HE-560), which I have demoed on multiple occasions at Overture Audio. Denon was out of their mind to have this headphone line discontinued. Excuse the emotional overload, but these are flatout amazing!
They are like a Franken-Grado-Beyer-Senn-thing-a-ma-jig in the best way imaginable. Fun, detailed, and controlled all in one very delicious sonic bite. Based on what I remember hearing from the HD 800, these Denons are the best fit for me. I cannot wait to get the D5000's extra bit of uppermost treble zap and refined midrange finesse once I install my soon-to-be-delivered wooden cups in a few weeks!
Edited by Hifihedgehog - 2/4/16 at 4:30pmpost #4820 of 48572/15/16 at 12:38pmpost #4821 of 48572/15/16 at 12:58pm
i've got these ones: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261349307920?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=560254102182&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT. They are decent. If you fancy experimenting a bit Mr Speakers Alpha pads are rather popular.post #4822 of 48572/15/16 at 1:03pmpost #4823 of 48572/15/16 at 1:11pm
They are quite similar is size and thickness but the original pads seems softer (maybe cause they are older). The ebay ones are Pleather pads, not sure if the originals were pure leather. Hard to explain any other differences. But the replacement pads to get the job done.post #4824 of 48572/15/16 at 2:13pmQuote:
If you're bucks up the Lawton angle pads for $99 (think that's the price) are my favorite and are lambskin so won't flake again.post #4825 of 48572/15/16 at 7:25pmQuote:
Yep, the pleather(?) on my D2000 began flaking not long after I'd gotten it (perhaps tropical climate's a factor) but for the D7000, which I'd also gotten, its pads were perfect. Decided to up my game by getting a pair Lawton Angle Pads for the D7000, took the pads from the D7000 and put them on the D2000. I believe the pads on the D7000 is genuine leather and much more resilient compared to the ones originally on the D2000. Both sound wonderful to me and are definitely keepers......
I was encouraged to get some woodies from AT, decided on the more affordable ATH-W5000, but the sound simply wasn't suited to my taste. It laid in its box for a long while before I'd decided to sell it off recently.post #4826 of 48572/19/16 at 1:33pmpost #4827 of 48572/19/16 at 2:44pmpost #4828 of 48572/23/16 at 3:25pmpost #4829 of 48572/26/16 at 1:26am
I've been watching this forum for few years now and always had luck with finding answers. Not this time unfortunatelly. At least not the answer I'd like to get.
Long story short... I have a pair of AH-D2000 with broken driver. I found few threads where ppl descibed same issue. There were 2 fixes:
1) Sell and buy new ones
2) Replace driver
Searching through Internet I found lots of posts written by ppl with similar issues, so it looks like there is something wrong with AH-D2000 drivers.
I'm wondering if after all these years anyone solved this mystery? Why it happens and if there is a fix for that? (fixing coil or something)
S.post #4830 of 48572/26/16 at 3:09amQuote:
Truer words have never been spoken here on Head Fi.
For me; After over 30 headphones in around 10 years ( yes, you read that correctly! ) none compare to the magic of my old AH-D5000's. They have this unique ability to capture the mood of a recording. This ability is absent in every other headphone i've ever heard.
They where definitely a one-off. Treasure them!
- Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Questyle QP1 15 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 33 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-400 Audeze Fazor Elements Vegan Pads free ship & Paypal 5 minutes ago
- › How many headfi members there are? 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO Releases the X7 Standard Edition (Without Amp Module) 7 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 8 minutes ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 8 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...