Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-D7000
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon AH-D7000 - Page 455

post #6811 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

wouldn't baby soloist be better than the older burson amps? i've heard lots of bad things about the 160s...


 



Ya I read that the old Burson 160/160DS had some sort of defect on the volume attenuator in some batch. Mine is fine, I know couple of headfiers here in this forum had that problem but later got fixed by Burson.



Burson 160 series have really good bass slam, a kick that I really love, especially with Denon's D7000 sweet sub-bass, IMO it's better than LCD2s low bass. smily_headphones1.gif
post #6812 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

wouldn't baby soloist be better than the older burson amps? i've heard lots of bad things about the 160s...


 



Ya I read that the old Burson 160/160DS had some sort of defect on the volume attenuator in some batch. Mine is fine, I know couple of headfiers here in this forum had that problem but later got fixed by Burson.



Burson 160 series have really good bass slam, a kick that I really love, especially with Denon's D7000 sweet sub-bass, IMO it's better than LCD2s low bass. smily_headphones1.gif

Yes it is, though i also enjoy the lcd-2s stronger mid bass impact. The denon bass is very unique to headphones i think, only theirs sounds the way it does, no other headphone especially in the high end world has that kind of bass, most find it too bassy
post #6813 of 7143

These D7000's out of vintage receivers is epic.  The sub bass is unreal and as Dubstep Girl says, kind of in a class of its' own. 

post #6814 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post

These D7000's out of vintage receivers is epic.  The sub bass is unreal and as Dubstep Girl says, kind of in a class of its' own. 


 



Yape, agree, D7000 sub bass is really special smily_headphones1.gif it's a keeper although new D7100 series are out and I am puzzled. (you know what I mean D71000?!)
post #6815 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 

These D7000's out of vintage receivers is epic.  The sub bass is unreal and as Dubstep Girl says, kind of in a class of its' own. 

 

The D7000 out of my Pioneer SX-D7000 was indeed, special. May attempt a "Buy-back." Especially since it was re-cabled with Wireworld Eclipse 6 cabling (4x22awg).

post #6816 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

The D7000 out of my Pioneer SX-D7000 was indeed, special. May attempt a "Buy-back." Especially since it was re-cabled with Wireworld Eclipse 6 cabling (4x22awg).

My D7000 will be the last headphone I'll ever sell..........but a close second will be my D5000 which has custom cups. Sounds sooooo close to the D7000.

Do it. They are special. Was/is it Lawton modded? Doing the damping mods and angle pads changed the phone from very good to great.
post #6817 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 

These D7000's out of vintage receivers is epic.  The sub bass is unreal and as Dubstep Girl says, kind of in a class of its' own. 

 

hollymackerel....i hooked the d7000 gingerly to the wire-taps on my HE-6 setup...half expecting the drivers to explode..

switch on the music...woahhhh...the d7000 turned... i cant find a word for it... crystal? ?
every sound is under tight control...deep into the music, the bass hits hard n tight, layered.,airrry.,amazing separation.
U guys must find some amp somewhere and hooooook it up ...and start the volume at ZERO n crankkkkk it up man!!!!!
DANCEFLOOR SHAKING GOOD!!
:beerchug:
( audiogd nfb10 as dac....darkvoice336se as preamp...cambridge340A solidstate amp...4speaker taps to d7000 )

 

 

============================

 

played Copland's Common Man.....the cattledrum's skin is right next to my ears...vibrating, pulverising..ohhhhmyyy!

 

went thru all my test songs...from classicals to pop to jazz to watever....this can is steroidally amazing!!

soft, tender, intimate, emotional, involving, captivating...to powerful, commanding..slamming..superb control...grandeur..

If i die now...i die contented, the past 4hours had been worth it. 


Edited by Lorspeaker - 9/25/13 at 12:25pm
post #6818 of 7143
Good isn't it.


I said, GOOD ISN'T IT!


I SAID... oh nevermind.
post #6819 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

 

hollymackerel....i hooked the d7000 gingerly to the wire-taps on my HE-6 setup...half expecting the drivers to explode..

switch on the music...woahhhh...the d7000 turned... i cant find a word for it... crystal? ?
every sound is under tight control...deep into the music, the bass hits hard n tight, layered.,airrry.,amazing separation.
U guys must find some amp somewhere and hooooook it up ...and start the volume at ZERO n crankkkkk it up man!!!!!
DANCEFLOOR SHAKING GOOD!!
:beerchug:
( audiogd nfb10 as dac....darkvoice336se as preamp...cambridge340A solidstate amp...4speaker taps to d7000 )

 

 

============================

 

played Copland's Common Man.....the cattledrum's skin is right next to my ears...vibrating, pulverising..ohhhhmyyy!

 

went thru all my test songs...from classicals to pop to jazz to watever....this can is steroidally amazing!!

 

Huh, that's interesting. What do you use to convert the jack to bare wire? (I'm guessing you didn't cut the D7000's cable just to try it with speaker terminals).

post #6820 of 7143

i did cut the d7k cable n soldered a 4pin xlr male....and i have another xlr female with 4speakertaps at the other end.

 

----------

reaching my last test song... YOU'll SEE.

i am ready to die..

 

sleep i mean, :P


Edited by Lorspeaker - 9/25/13 at 12:27pm
post #6821 of 7143

I liking what I hear :tongue_smile:from you, Lorspeaker!

post #6822 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


My D7000 will be the last headphone I'll ever sell..........but a close second will be my D5000 which has custom cups. Sounds sooooo close to the D7000.

Do it. They are special. Was/is it Lawton modded? Doing the damping mods and angle pads changed the phone from very good to great.

 

No mods, only re-cabled. I'm going to see if I can track the cans down now! Apparently, my G-22000 is just beggin' for this pairing. :normal_smile : 

post #6823 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

i did cut the d7k cable n soldered a 4pin xlr male....and i have another xlr female with 4speakertaps at the other end.

reaching my last test song... YOU'll SEE.
i am ready to die..

sleep i mean, :P

Is there a way to try speaker taps without molesting the cable? I'm a newbie to the concept and even tho they sound amazing out of my Spec amp I'd live to try the speaker taps out of something a bit lower in power. A pic if anyone has one is appreciated.
post #6824 of 7143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


Is there a way to try speaker taps without molesting the cable? I'm a newbie to the concept and even tho they sound amazing out of my Spec amp I'd live to try the speaker taps out of something a bit lower in power. A pic if anyone has one is appreciated.

 

I'm sure you could do something similar to what Lorspeaker did but with the original 1/4 jack. Get a 1/4 jack female plug, and terminate bare wire to it (and maybe terminate that bare wire to banana plugs if needed).

post #6825 of 7143

i managed to wake up....alive again. :P

 

 the cambridge 340A is only like 30 or 35w x 2....not a monstrous 200watter or something of that sort, a v musical british designed amp...made in china?

(maybe 200bucks or less in the thrift shops near your home...:P )

 

I am no techqie...but bit the bullet n bought myself a soldering iron, watched a few howtosolderYoutubes...

got some wiring instructions from audiogd, bought the male/female XLRs from Amazon, n fired away...snipsnip...walah..its done. 

I did the XLRs more to tap into the balanced audiogd amp...6watts.

 

But the speakertaps cable i gotten from the HE-6 purchase was just STARING at ME....

i just HAD to try to incinerate the D7kdrivers on the 340A. hehe

 

The tube-amp in between is just to add some cream on the hot coffee.

cheers , drink up !!

 

===========

 

ok guys b4 i get too carried away, to be fair...its how the setup was pieced together accidentally that gave me the WOW moments. 

the superb dac...the 3D cables...the tubes...the raw power from the amp..the cherry woodcups...the denon 50mm papyrus fibre from the river Nile..

all add up to kill me.  Yes the shiraz helped too.


Edited by Lorspeaker - 9/25/13 at 7:56pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-D7000