Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/27/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/27/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 4/15/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro Earphones (Clear)tagged by System, 4/13/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 6/25/10
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 9/13/12
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from Shure 530s Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding some high-end iems to buy... Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs compared to Universals? Last post on 1/12/12 at 6:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread - Page 582post #8716 of 90451/27/14 at 6:03pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8717 of 90451/27/14 at 8:20pmI think if UE would've added another stock cable just like they include with UE900.....most of the cable replacements happens to TF10 atleast 6 months to 1 year cycle than any other brands/models like westone for eg: IMO. Nice cable and pictures. TY H20!!!post #8718 of 90451/27/14 at 10:22pm
I got dark lord cables from sunricky a little over a year ago and they died today in the left side. Anyone know if he will offer any kind of warranty/repair/replacement after a bit over a year, or should I not even bother?post #8719 of 90451/27/14 at 10:49pmpost #8720 of 90451/27/14 at 11:20pmQuote:
Just got a reply from him, he was willing to repair for free as long as i covered postage!
Great guy!post #8721 of 90451/27/14 at 11:38pmQuote:
Lucky you! Post the ebay link (easy to find cable model with seller info in one place) as it might be useful for some in the future when they lurk this page.post #8722 of 90451/28/14 at 3:34ampost #8723 of 90451/28/14 at 6:58pmQuote:
I just got the $17 Sunricky cables in the mail today. It took exactly 2 weeks from order date to arrive (to NY). Pretty damn fast seeing as how it's only $1 shipping (he changed it to $3 shipping) and it's being shipped from Hong Kong. Also comes with tracking info.
The cable is surprisingly thin, lightweight, and low profile, but it looks to be well-made. They are relatively tangle-free and I hear no microphonics. Fits the TF10 shell perfectly.
Compared to stock TF10 cables, they're MUCH MORE comfortable. The ear hooks are very soft, thin, and form-fitting; so it easily fit around my ears, unlike the stock cables. I can finally get a proper seal now, without having to go custom mold.
The angular jack is a little strange, as it's the first cable / IEM I've ever owned with this style of 3.5mm jack. The strain relief is a bit flexible so it looks like it'll provide enough leeway when being bent in the pocket. The red thing at the end of the jack has a metallic shine to it. Not exactly sure what it's made out of though.
I can't compare this cable to the Dark Lord version that has the much bigger 3.5mm jack and is 2x more expensive because I don't own the Dark Lord version. However, it looks almost identical to it judging from the pictures. If you need a good, cheap cable for the TF10, I'd go with these $17 ones 100%. Very pleased with this purchase so far...
Edited by Click - 1/28/14 at 7:09pmpost #8724 of 90451/28/14 at 11:25pmpost #8725 of 90451/29/14 at 9:51am
The link is here:
I ordered one myself because I cannot stand the original cables.post #8726 of 90451/29/14 at 10:40amQuote:Originally Posted by red71rum
The link is here:
I ordered one myself because I cannot stand the original cables.
Edited by Shawn71 - 1/29/14 at 10:43ampost #8727 of 90451/29/14 at 2:45pm
How is that cable with phone cases? I don't have a terribly big opening on my phone case (Note 3 in a Spigen TPU case) and my biggest concern is that fit. Worst case is I might be able to shave it a bit to have it fit.post #8728 of 90451/29/14 at 2:56pmQuote:
Fits my Incipio DualPro case for LG G2 just fine. Not sure about your case though.post #8729 of 90451/29/14 at 3:16pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Was there a Sony MDR-V7? 2 seconds ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 4 minutes ago
- › Keyboard-Fi 6 minutes ago
- › STAX 717 10 minutes ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 13 minutes ago
- › Revelation Audio Lab (RAL) ... are they crooks? 13 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-6 14 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)