Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › HeadAmp AE-2 impressions (w/ burn-in updates) (over)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HeadAmp AE-2 impressions (w/ burn-in updates) (over) - Page 3

post #31 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post
Hi,

The amp is fully charged when the LED goes out. Then, the charger will turn off until the battery drops to 2/3 voltage, or power is removed and reapplied. So you won't actually be powering the amp with the DC adapter unless it is charging.
Thank you for the quick answers.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #32 of 142
It looks like Justin has updated the website with hi-res pics of the AE-2.
Must resist...
post #33 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPilot View Post
It looks like Justin has updated the website with hi-res pics of the AE-2.
Must resist...
I saw those last night. A NICE alternative to the Beloved Hornet. Something new to drool over the 350.00 dollar price point.
post #34 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPilot View Post
It looks like Justin has updated the website with hi-res pics of the AE-2.
Must resist...
AHA!

I didn't know that Justin had updated his site. I've been checking every few days for months.

resistance is futile


post #35 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatDane View Post

resistance is futile
I know...
post #36 of 142
Curse this site!!!! stop the torture!!!!
post #37 of 142
Thread Starter 
Woohoo! Am I the only smelling an imminent announcement somewhere here on Head-Fi? And maybe another announcement at the 2007 International Meet?

DEATHMATCH: HEADAMP AE-2 VS THE RSA HORNET!!!!!!!

Oh, and I depleted the battery today too. 30 hours seems accurate to me, it ran just about that long powering the AD2000 on Mid gain - the volume knob was at about 10 o'clock.

Whoa, HeadAmp says this puppy can drive up to 600 Ohm headphones now? Hah, I gotta try it with my K340!!! I'll let you guys know what goes down!
post #38 of 142
I really like the looks of the silver one and the laser engraving is ideal for a portable amp.
post #39 of 142
nice review Asr! Do you think the AE-2 will beat the hornet?
post #40 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post
The battery life of the AE-2 should be 30 hours. This is about 3 times longer than it would be with a 9V rechargeable. The amp operates well into Class A as one of the improvements from the AE-1.
Thanks Justin for clarify this subject! (I thought that my AE-2's battery was defective)

I can't compare it to The Hornet, but when I received my LaRocco ISA Diablo (I hope to receive it this year ) I'll post here some impressions (with the limitations of my poor english level)
post #41 of 142
Wish gain switch had a cleaner design. Looks like some sort of after thought patch; must let all sort of crap inside the amp through that hole.
But silver case looks classy.
post #42 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post
Wish gain switch had a cleaner design. Looks like some sort of after thought patch; must let all sort of crap inside the amp through that hole.
But silver case looks classy.
You could always put a piece of clear tape over the hole if the small slots around the gain switch is a worry. Double it over at one edge so that it can be pulled back, then restuck. This is what I do with the power switch on my Supermini with black electrical tape to prevent accidental turn on...lithium batteries ain't cheap.

The gain switches are tiny but it isn't very difficult to use.
post #43 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatDane View Post
You could always put a piece of clear tape over the hole if the small slots around the gain switch is a worry. Double it over at one edge so that it can be pulled back, then restuck. This is what I do with the power switch on my Supermini with black electrical tape to prevent accidental turn on...lithium batteries ain't cheap.

The gain switches are tiny but it isn't very difficult to use.
Sad, it could have been perfect otherwise.
post #44 of 142
Thread Starter 
Access to the gain switches is on the bottom of the amp - do you expect detritus to crawl under the amp and jump up into it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skai View Post
nice review Asr! Do you think the AE-2 will beat the hornet?
I've never heard a Hornet so I can't say. I only wrote that as a rhetorical statement btw, didn't mean to imply that I would be the one to do a comparison between the two.
post #45 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asr View Post
Access to the gain switches is on the bottom of the amp - do you expect detritus to crawl under the amp and jump up into it?
Let's not forget that it's meant to be a *portable* amp.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › HeadAmp AE-2 impressions (w/ burn-in updates) (over)