or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado SR225 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado SR225 Thread - Page 22

post #316 of 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakjk View Post
yes, little white material you see in pic is a velcro and black material is the padded lather strip.
Hi,
Thanx! Was wondering how you got Velcro so thin!

.
post #317 of 821
I found Sibilance in sr225i,They have like 40hours on them, will the sibilance go away later?
post #318 of 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questa View Post
I found Sibilance in sr225i,They have like 40hours on them, will the sibilance go away later?
Not in my experience. A change of amp will help.

.
post #319 of 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Not in my experience. A change of amp will help.

.
Most definitely. My M^3 sounds just magical with 225s. No sibilance to be found even at high volume.

Another way is to just remove the pads completely and have the phones right on your ear. It becomes a totally different beast then.
post #320 of 821
Just got these today. Digging them so far; I've listened to Talking Heads - 77, Stones - Exile on Main St., and I'm listening to T-Rex - The Slider right now.

All I have to compare them to is my old HD555s, and these are definitely did Exile on Main St. justice.

Another point -- I also received some liberators with my phones, and to anyone who doesn't have them I recommend trying them. They really improved the sound for me. I can't really adequately describe sound (Yes, I've read the FAQ), but they have definitely provided a noticeable improvement in SQ.
post #321 of 821
I upgraded from the SR-225's a while back and got Grado RS-2 (would have gotten RS-1 if I would have had the cash). All I can say is that there is no point to try any other Grado that is less expensive than the 225 since I think it is the best of their lower end line. I have never heard the 325i but I hear a lot about the treble being a little too shrill for most listeners and as far as I heard, the 225 was not the same. I wish I would have kept them and modded them, they were a great headphone all around, but lacked the extension that I get from my RS-2's.
post #322 of 821
They rock.
Was there ever any doubt?
post #323 of 821
Ive just upgraded my sr80's to sr225 and bloody hell are these things lively!
A clear improvement over the sr80's, bass more prominent and they have a fantastic sound stage. Vocals sound smooth and much more realistic.
Cannot wait to try them with my new dac/amp next week
post #324 of 821
Enjoy them you must, miniusthetom
post #325 of 821
Hi 225 owners,

I was wondering how much sound leakage there really is with this model. I am planning to use these phones at work, and I really do not crank my music very loud at all. I am in a cubicle with 5 ft-tall walls, and my work is definitely not a library- lots of ambient noise and people talking. My thought is that listening to the 225's at my usual volume won't bother my coworkers, but I wanted to get the thoughts of some owners. Thanks so much!
post #326 of 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrand1 View Post
Hi 225 owners,

I was wondering how much sound leakage there really is with this model. I am planning to use these phones at work, and I really do not crank my music very loud at all. I am in a cubicle with 5 ft-tall walls, and my work is definitely not a library- lots of ambient noise and people talking. My thought is that listening to the 225's at my usual volume won't bother my coworkers, but I wanted to get the thoughts of some owners. Thanks so much!
Dude, these are open canz. If you were near me at work, we'd go see the boss.
post #327 of 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojorisin676 View Post
I upgraded from the SR-225's a while back and got Grado RS-2 (would have gotten RS-1 if I would have had the cash). All I can say is that there is no point to try any other Grado that is less expensive than the 225 since I think it is the best of their lower end line. I have never heard the 325i but I hear a lot about the treble being a little too shrill for most listeners and as far as I heard, the 225 was not the same. I wish I would have kept them and modded them, they were a great headphone all around, but lacked the extension that I get from my RS-2's.
My sentiments exactly, and well described. I also have the RS2 for the same reason. I'm happy with them, but will probably go up to the RS1 when things get better.
post #328 of 821

Morphed 225s

ere's what happened to my 225s when I turned my back on them.

>>
>>

>>
>>

>>
.
post #329 of 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrand1 View Post
Hi 225 owners,

I was wondering how much sound leakage there really is with this model. I am planning to use these phones at work, and I really do not crank my music very loud at all. I am in a cubicle with 5 ft-tall walls, and my work is definitely not a library- lots of ambient noise and people talking. My thought is that listening to the 225's at my usual volume won't bother my coworkers, but I wanted to get the thoughts of some owners. Thanks so much!
They leak like a sieve. Seriously! Major sound leakage.

I cannot see using them in any type of office situation.

jk
post #330 of 821
Cubicle peeps really should use closed cans.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado SR225 Thread