Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) - Page 342

post #5116 of 6435

Let me know about the new DCD album. I have the Nightfly and Fiona Apple already. Good shopping trip.

post #5117 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Let me know about the new DCD album. I have the Nightfly and Fiona Apple already. Good shopping trip.

 

I just finished listening to the new DCD. The sound quality is sublime. I hardly see any room for improvement in that department. The album was both recorded and mixed extremely well. I also like it a lot musically, although the second half wasn't nearly as good as the first one - at least on first listen. The first four songs really grabbed my attention, but after that my mind started to wander from time to time. Still, the album was truly a joy to listen to. Pure bliss at times.

post #5118 of 6435

"Babel" [Deluxe Edition] - Mumford & Sons

"Bend Beyond" - Woods

"A Tear In The Eye Is A Wound In The Heart" - Black Prairie

"Mirage Rock" - Band Of Horses

"My Head Is An Animal" - Of Monsters And Men

"An Awesome Wave" - alt-J

"Feel Good Ghosts (Tea-Partying Through Tornadoes)" - Cloud Cult

"Advice From The Happy Hippopotamus" - Cloud Cult


Edited by DLeeWebb - 9/29/12 at 6:31pm
post #5119 of 6435

Tool - Schism

 

Zero 7 - Another Late Night

 

Isis - Wavering Radiant

 

Nine Inch Nails - Broken

 

Martin O'Donnell - Halo 2 OST: Volume 2

post #5120 of 6435

Lots of great stuff in those 5 there.

post #5121 of 6435

Last five CDs, huh?

Devin Townsend Project - Epicloud

Samael - Passage

Botch - American Nervosa

Katatonia - Dead End Kings

Red Sparowes - The Fear Is Excruciating, But Therein Lies The Answer


Edited by Seanhammer - 10/1/12 at 3:42am
post #5122 of 6435

Dead Can Dance - Anastasis (2xLP, 2012)

Sunn O))) - Agharti Live 09-10 (2xLP, 2011)

Sunn O))) - Rehearsal Demo Nov 11 2011 (LP, 2012)

Earth - Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light II (2xLP, 2012)

Lights Out Asia - Hy-Brasil (CD, 2012)

The Future Sound of London - Environments 4 (CD, 2012)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Elite View Post

 

I just finished listening to the new DCD. The sound quality is sublime. I hardly see any room for improvement in that department. The album was both recorded and mixed extremely well. I also like it a lot musically, although the second half wasn't nearly as good as the first one - at least on first listen. The first four songs really grabbed my attention, but after that my mind started to wander from time to time. Still, the album was truly a joy to listen to. Pure bliss at times.

 

Do you have the LP's? Side A on mine has some noticeable noise, really annoying! The other sides are flawless. I don't like it when the vinyl is supposedly "transparent" but you can barely look through it. 

post #5123 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorJack View Post

Do you have the LP's? Side A on mine has some noticeable noise, really annoying! The other sides are flawless. I don't like it when the vinyl is supposedly "transparent" but you can barely look through it. 

 

No, I have the CD. I've never even owned a turntable. I considered buying one a couple of years ago out of curiosity, but I'm kind of glad I didn't because had I bought one this hobby would have become even more expensive for me than it already is.

post #5124 of 6435

Placed my order today. Dont the LPs come with the CD as well? Or is it just the DL?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorJack View Post

Do you have the LP's? Side A on mine has some noticeable noise, really annoying! The other sides are flawless. I don't like it when the vinyl is supposedly "transparent" but you can barely look through it. 

 

On topic:

 

Amon Tobin Boxset (6 10"LPs, 7 CDs, 2 DVDs)

Flying Lotus - Until the Quiet Comes (CE 180g LPs)

Aimee Mann - Charmer (LP, Colored Vinyl)

A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step (LP, Colored Vinyl)

A Perfect Circle - eMOTIVe (LP, Colored Vinyl)

Puscifer - Conditions of my Parole (LP)

Two Fingers - Stunt Rhythms (LP, Colored Vinyl)

Amon Tobin - Isam (LP)

Purity Ring - Shrines (LP)

Amon Tobin - Foley Room (LP)

Modestep - Show Me a Sign (DL Single)

 

Awesome stuff right here.


Edited by MorbidToaster - 10/4/12 at 10:30am
post #5125 of 6435

My last 5 CD's came after an 11 month drought of not buying.

 

Lee Hazlewood - Golden Hits (European import, only CD print I could find that has Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On)

Phoebe Killdeer & The Short Straws - innerquake

Lioness - EP

Lioness - The Golden Killer

Dusted - Total Dust

post #5126 of 6435

Just got these a few weeks ago:

 

RHCP- Blood Sugar Sex Magik (was meaning to get this for like 2 months, just didn't get to it)

Weezer- Weezer (the blue album)

NIrvana- Nevermind

Hendrix- Band of Gypsys (the live one with 6 songs on it)

SRV and Double Trouble- The Essential SRV and Double Trouble the oldr version without the 6 extra songs (GREAT value, 30 something songs and I think I picked it up for under 20 bucks)

post #5127 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Placed my order today. Dont the LPs come with the CD as well? Or is it just the DL?

 

The vinyl version comes with a download code card. Could you please check if your side A has the same issue as I described mine has?

post #5128 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorJack View Post

The vinyl version comes with a download code card. Could you please check if your side A has the same issue as I described mine has?

I won't get the chance to play the LPs for some time as I'm between TTs atm.
post #5129 of 6435
Kid Koala - 12 Bit Blues
David Jalbert - Bach, Variations Goldberg
Bernard Adamus - no 2
Amon Tobin - ISAM
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
post #5130 of 6435

"The Gleam" - The Avett Brothers

"The Gleam II" - The Avett Brothers

"Live In New York City" [Deluxe Edition] - Paul Simon

"Grand Ukulele" - Jake Shimabukuro

"My Life" - Jake Shimabukuro

"Gently Weeps" - Jake Shimabukuro


Edited by DLeeWebb - 10/18/12 at 5:49pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)